LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

If you are so fixated on drafting Stephen Hill, why not take Tommy Streeter instead?

Actually I would prefer Joe Adams over both of these guys. Has great speed, good hands, creates seperation, and was colleges best returner. Who ever gets this man will be very happy.
actually nick I would draft Hill and Streeter and release Williams
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hill
40 time - 4.36 vertical - 39.5" broad - 133" 3-cone - 6.88
Streeter
40 time - 4.40 vertical - 33" broad - 125" 3-cone - 7.08

I have said for months that Hill is a high 2nd rounder....problem is where we draft we will have to overdraft any WR a round early to get them

But Streeter has a 5th round grade!
actually nick I would draft Hill and Streeter and release Williams

As punishment I presume...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Hill
40 time - 4.36 vertical - 39.5" broad - 133" 3-cone - 6.88
Streeter
40 time - 4.40 vertical - 33" broad - 125" 3-cone - 7.08

I have said for months that Hill is a high 2nd rounder....problem is where we draft we will have to overdraft any WR a round early to get them

But Streeter has a 5th round grade!

And that means what to where he will actually go? What GM A grades him at is different then GM B.....he could have a 3rd round value by Trent.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
What's with the "Hill" supporters thing? They're all just prospects with various strengths and weaknesses...it's not personal.

i must confess i am a smith (alex) lover and a hill supporter....wheh, that felt good to get off my chest
And that means what to where he will actually go? What GM A grades him at is different then GM B.....he could have a 3rd round value by Trent.

The grades are based on what most NFL teams think. Some team may have Hill as a 7th rounder, who the hell knows. What's your point?
Originally posted by hofer36:
i must confess i am a smith (alex) lover and a hill supporter....wheh, that felt good to get off my chest

So you have a desperate desire to see Smith overthrow Hill on a poorly-run route?

The grades are based on what most NFL teams think. Some team may have Hill as a 7th rounder, who the hell knows. What's your point?

Waiting till the 5th sounds great in theory but he may not fall that far. Being at the bottom of ever round means we will have to overdraft some players this year.
Waiting till the 5th sounds great in theory but he may not fall that far. Being at the bottom of ever round means we will have to overdraft some players this year.

I think its safe to expect Streeter to be there at #92 and a 50/50 chance he's there at #125.

That is one dumbass question. Especially since you have the answer in your question you asked
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
That is one dumbass question. Especially since you have the answer in your question you asked

Its not - and I have not received an answer yet: why should we undertake "Project Hill" with a first round pick instead of "Project Streeter" with a 4th round pick.

Draft grades are from PFW:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-7
Its not - and I have not received an answer yet: why should we undertake "Project Hill" with a first round pick instead of "Project Streeter" with a 4th round pick.

Draft grades are from PFW:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-7

Everyone has to watch the game tape and decide.

Measurables and workouts in shorts can be identical. But the scouts and GMs have to see where the differences are.

Right now, it looks like Hill is projected to be more of a gamebreaker, but lack of offense held him back.
Could not agree more.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Everyone has to watch the game tape and decide.

Measurables and workouts in shorts can be identical. But the scouts and GMs have to see where the differences are.

Right now, it looks like Hill is projected to be more of a gamebreaker, but lack of offense held him back.

Tell me why he's more of a game-breaker. Because he was often uncovered in an run option offense?

Why is hill more of a game-breaker than Streeter? Justification?
Share 49ersWebzone