LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

"Half the teams in the Top 10 looking to trade down"!

Originally posted by niners9:
if we trade up i'd rather have blackmon

Rather have Floyd for so many reasons that I don't have time to write out...
Trading up 20 spots is not going to happen. Do you realize how valuable those top 10 spots are? It would cost us our entire 2011 draft and probably next years 1st rounder. Not worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we move up around 5 spots though. That would put us in better position to draft Randle or Fleener.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Tell me the last time a star running back won the superbowl.

What does that even mean? Star running backs don't make teams better anymore? Cool prespective

No one knows what it means, but it's provocative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBDoD-InUUE

hahahh!!!!!!!! I havent laughed that hard in a long time! that was absolutely perfect!

I even read it in Will Ferrell's voice, so classic.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by WesCosOff4Lyf:
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/25462/Source---Half-of-the-teams-in-the-top-10-are-trying-to-trade-out-/Default.aspx

Bring Trent Richardson to SF! Trade our entire draft for him!

Ditka? is that you?!?
if were trading into top 10 i hope its for floyd
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

I agree! Floyd > Blackmon... just wait and see.
I think the furthest we would trade up in any way would be the high teens the top 10 Hell no lol.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

I wouldn't be upset with Floyd either. I just don't think he is worth a top ten pick.

no way and no chance we trade that far up. only guy who seems like a reasonable trade up for would be Fleener around 22-23 to take him away from megahead manning
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we're drafting for depth, so what's the big deal if we move up to grab a superstar?

BPA! In Harbaalke I trust.
Probably not likely but right now the only need for this year might be RG. If we are comfortable with Kilgore, Boone and possibly Jason Brown battling it out than we really have no spot that needs to be filled this year. Means we could trade back from 30 and get an extra 3rd leaving us 2 2nds and 2 3rds to get some good quality depth players. Could also mean maybe we move up and give up a 1st + 2nd or 3rd or 1st, 2nd and 3rd and knockout RG or WR. We probably don't have room for 7 picks anyways. I'd love to get DeCastro but that's a lot for a RG. Could be for a WR like Blackmon or Floyd.

P.S. Those top 10 spots won't be as valuable when you have 5 teams looking to trade down. We could really just throw it out there and low ball teams or just call them all and see who is looking for the least. Helps when we can say well so and so wants this for x pick.. can you beat that. Example.. So we call up say Dolphins who want 2 1sts and a 2nd for 8 (just making it up). Then you call the Jaguars and say Dolphins want this... could you do 7 for less than that. Sure we can do 7 for 2 1sts. Then keep working it and see if we can grind one of the teams down to say a 1st and then a 2nd and 3rd or something like that. Bottom line if we got 5 teams looking to trade down we have leverage if we want to move up. They will all be competing against each other to find a partner and move down.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM ]
Makes sense. There are only 5 elite players in this draft: Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, and Claiborne.

Blackmon is a top 10, top 15 talent and is equal to Floyd in my book.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we're drafting for depth, so what's the big deal if we move up to grab a superstar?

Exactly its like these peeps on here who want to accumulate 10 draft picks in 2012 in the later rounds...we'd have to cut half of them!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Exactly its like these peeps on here who want to accumulate 10 draft picks in 2012 in the later rounds...we'd have to cut half of them!

True but going up that high would cost 1sts 2nd and 3rds which are spots for good quality depth players. It's not like you can trade 5s, 6s and 7s to move up in round 1. Like I mentioned before McCloughan a few years back when we had a bunch of 6s/7s said that teams weren't interested in trading a bunch of 6/7s for one 4th or whatever. I agree though we don't necessarily need late pics though just not sure if you can get rid of them to get higher round picks without packaging them with high picks.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone