LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

49ers 2012 (Mock) Draft v.2.0

1st Round: TE Coby Fleener Stanford 6'6" 247
I think Stephen Hill and Kendall Wright (if available) will get serious looks here, but this being a luxury pick for the 49ers with them going for the BPA, I think Fleener makes A LOT of sense. He instantly gives the 49ers a dynamic weapon in the passing game and improves their redzone offense.

49ers Trade 2nd Round Pick and 3rd Round Pick for Earlier 2nd Round Pick and 5th Round Pick

2nd Round: OG Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin 6'4" 314
After the 1st round I think the 49ers will target a promising interior lineman. Baalke has shown a willingness to move to get the players he likes, and I think it makes a lot of sense to trade up for a guy like Zeitler. He isn't spectacular, but he's the type of steady performer who can plug into your lineup and not worry about from day 1.

4th Round: CB Coryell Judie Texas A&M 6'0" 194
Judie reminds me a lot of Culliver in that he's a bigger DB that is an extraordinary athlete but is a little raw. The 49ers have a luxury to develop some CBs and I think Judie can be a great one.

5th Round: RB/WR/KR Chris Rainey Florida 5'8" 180
Ted Ginn was brought back on a 1 year deal and we all saw what happened to the 49ers return game when he was out of the lineup. Rainey is Percy Harvin Lite and is the type of dynamic playmaker an offensive coordinator can have some real fun with.

5th Round: S Janzen Jackson McNeese St. 5'11" 188
I'm praying the 49ers resign Goldson to a 4 year deal b/c I think behind Justin Smith and Patrick Willis he may have been the best player on the 49ers defense last year, but in case he isn't resigned the 49ers will have a big hole at S. Jackson is a ballhawking playmaker and could be a good value pick in the 5th.

6th Round: WR Junior Hemingway Michigan 6'1" 225
This is my SLEEPER pick this year. I think Hemingway is the most under the radar WR in the draft. His production suffered at Michigan playing with Denard Robinson, but he is a big, thick WR with very good hands and the ability to make things happen with the ball in his hands. He isn't a burner, but he is extremely quick in and out of his breaks (just check out his combine shuttle and 3 cone times) and I think he can become an Anquan Boldin type playmaker at the next level.

7th Round: Best Available OLB/DL
This a pick that will be competing to make it onto the practice squad.
love the mock but in the 4t i think i would go WR

CB isnt a need at this point we have 4 solid players all of which can be a #2 on a decent team

rogers, brown, culliver (had a great rookie season with no offseason program) and cox

really dont see the point of picking a CB early this year

WR though we dont know what were getting with moss (35 1 year removed and only 80 yards in10 game strech in 2010)

and instead of 6th round WR i think getting a DL would be smarter we lack depth there

llove te 1st round and trade up
also like rainey who reminds me of percy harvin
I like the Hemingway pick but it's too late. I think WR needs to be addressed earlier. I am also not on the fleener bandwagon, I just don't think it makes sense to draft a #2 TE in the first round, but I wont be too upset if thats what harbaugh does. Overall it is still a good mock, you address all of our needs.
The trade has Baalke written all over it...

Good job trying to predict his craziness
mite as well take streeter in the 6th if youre gonna take a reciever that late
Great Mock, that's all it is.
Nice mock, but the difference and this is just me, I'd trade the late picks to try and get turbin at running back even though we signed Jacobs. Whateve draft picks if have any go wr. This way, next year we go after all defense.
Originally posted by martysofresh:

will be long gone
I'd be happy with it.
Originally posted by niners9:
I like the Hemingway pick but it's too late. I think WR needs to be addressed earlier. I am also not on the fleener bandwagon, I just don't think it makes sense to draft a #2 TE in the first round, but I wont be too upset if thats what harbaugh does. Overall it is still a good mock, you address all of our needs.

Well in our offense though, a #2 TE would still see the field a lot more than a #3 WR.

Originally posted by RDB4216:
Well in our offense though, a #2 TE would still see the field a lot more than a #3 WR.

last year we were forced into 2 TE sets because of our WR corps was pathethic

if we had more talented WR we would use them more
I like it, but agree w/WildBill, they need to get that big RB...Turbin's an outright beast, albeit a fast one. Jacobs is only signed for one season...take another thumper while you can. I'll bet he could also be a beast on ST's.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

will be long gone

i doubt it. he has a 5th-6th rd grade..but then again somebody might reach for him in the 4th. very possible
wtf is the big deal about taking another TE?
wtf is the big deal about taking another TE? we wouldnt have Andrew Luck throwing to him gaiz Lol
Share 49ersWebzone