LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

safety prospects

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
ILoka is highly overrated IMO. I saw him play alot.

Fair enough...I only saw a couple of his games.
Originally posted by cools:
I think Baalke already found him

6'0, 200lbs. sub 4.4 40yd dash, Hits like a truck, skills like a CB

"The San Francisco 49ers have changed the position of CB Cory Nelms to safety, after he put on about 10 pounds during the season."

2012-02-07 18:14:59 | Source: Sacramento Bee - Matt Barrows
What's the scouting report on this guy? Those are some pretty athletic numbers. How was his career at the U? Was he on our practice squad all season?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

"The San Francisco 49ers have changed the position of CB Cory Nelms to safety, after he put on about 10 pounds during the season."

What's the scouting report on this guy? Those are some pretty athletic numbers. How was his career at the U? Was he on our practice squad all season?
Nice cools! Man, the competition is going to be fierce in camp!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Nice cools! Man, the competition is going to be fierce in camp!

Nelms was actually originally considered to be a safety prospect coming out of college. I think we were going to try him at corner first. Now that we have depth there, I think it makes extra sense to develop Nelms at safety -- a place where he is not only probably a better fit, but also a place where we could use the competition and a player to develop as depth.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The current roster has Nelms still listed as a corner, not a safety.

Not sure if that means all that much.

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster.html
If we could get Markelle Martin from OK State in the mid to late rounds I'd be excited.
FS Blake Gideon Texas. I think he will be a sleeper. He was the only decent defender last year. He only had like 2 picks, but he was always around the football and is an awesome tackler. His sophomore year he had 7 picks. Its tough to get picks when opposing QBs have so many places to throw the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone