LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Turbin

Don't wanna brag but I've been sayin this for weeks and I didn't even know he was a bay area kid. I don't care if he is from North Korea or Iran if he can run the ball well and replace Gore when its time. I like him but no sooner than round 3 which is almost a 4th anyway.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Before the Jacobs signing I had us taking Turbin in the 3rd. But I don't see us taking a RB at all in this draft now. I see this visit as a total smokescreen.

Just a hunch but I don't think teams use smoke screens on 3rd round prospects.
At this point it matters little where people thinks he's gonna be drafted. Coaching staffs work people out who they know they no real intention on drafting. Where they might be drafted is irrelevant, so long as they are not telegraphing which way they are really leaning. We could verywell draft him - I hope so. I just doubt we do though, at least not this year. But we'll see.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Don't wanna brag but I've been sayin this for weeks and I didn't even know he was a bay area kid. I don't care if he is from North Korea or Iran if he can run the ball well and replace Gore when its time. I like him but no sooner than round 3 which is almost a 4th anyway.

Who are your favorite North Korean and Iranian prospects for RB in this year's draft? You're free to have bragging rights for life if you call it.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I think we're set at RB until next year.

I am actually hoping that Brandon Jacobs signing is more for insurance in case we aren't in a position to get a RB we want this year. If Turbin fell to us in the third round, I would hope we would take him and then cut Jacobs in training camp. If our draft targets aren't on the board when we draft, or if someone else drops that we feel is more of a value and we have to draft them, then Jacobs is there.

Jacobs is a one year back and with Gore losing a step if we can develop a guy like Turbin who in my opinion reminds me of Gore in the 3rd or 4th round I wouldn't mind at all.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I dont want an rb with dreads

hey toe nail, go review the combine, he doesn have dreads anymore.
Not tht his hair should mean anything. Vernon Davis had dreads before, wanna get rid of him now?

Originally posted by pelos21:

hey toe nail, go review the combine, he doesn have dreads anymore.
Not tht his hair should mean anything. Vernon Davis had dreads before, wanna get rid of him now?

He is apparently a big fan of the incredible Hulk...how will this affect is draft status?
Basically, if we want Turbin, we'd have to trade up in the 3rd to get him, if he's still there. A team really liking him could snag him in the 2nd, but I have him going in the third right now.

Richardson, Miller, Wilson, and Martin will all probably go before him. But after that, it's anyone's guess who the next back taken will be. Polk? LaMichael James? Pead? (I'm not as high on him, think he's not a complete back in the NFL)
I've been crying for Turbin all year. He is legit..

And his story is like his mom left him with his dad.. his brother is in and out of jail.. his sister is paralyzed.. and he had either a brother or sister die young... can someone confirm that? I'm not sure if those were the exact details. Either way, this is a dude who has fought all of his life. I want himmmmmmm

And he's following 49 people on twitter.. just saying.
And he's Rting posts about people wanting him on the niners
Originally posted by Zachary:
I've been crying for Turbin all year. He is legit..

And his story is like his mom left him with his dad.. his brother is in and out of jail.. his sister is paralyzed.. and he had either a brother or sister die young... can someone confirm that? I'm not sure if those were the exact details. Either way, this is a dude who has fought all of his life. I want himmmmmmm

And he's following 49 people on twitter.. just saying.
And he's Rting posts about people wanting him on the niners

All I really know about him is he played in the Bills in the FFL (Fremont Football League) and ran all over every one, too bad his coaches couldn't run a defense, they generally lost high scoring games, a couple to my 49ers! We coaches were glad to see him move up to the upper division, 13-16 year olds. By the way if you live near Fremont, the level of play in the FFL is really very entertaining, go see the little niners kick some but! Coach Charles always has them hitting!
So he's visiting the Niners on the 12th

• krizay
  • Veteran
I was prepping for my dynasty draft and looked at his profile and thought (even wrote a little note on my sheet) a poor mans frank gore
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Robert Turbin, in for a workout, this kid has always been fast, he is a local, played his pewee ball in the FFL (Fremont football league) I remember him, I coached against him, kid was unstoppable! I hope we take him 7th rounder? IDK, it would just be cool. Practice squad guy, someone to push Hunter...

LOL. Nice April Fool's joke.

Seriously, had no idea how highly he's rated, when I saw that I had to call our defensive coordinator, from back in the day and apologize! I goggled him and saw some highlights, holy crap! He is just what we need, a fast powerful back who can catch!

we'll he's rated as a 2nd - 3rd rounder but could fall a bit if the board falls a certain way. However he had arguably one of the best combines for a runningback tying for the lead in the bench press, a top 10 40 time of 4.50, a top 10-15 shuttle and one of the best if not the best vertical and long jumps so he is easily the 5th best RB in the draft behind Richardson, Miller, Wilson, Martin. The only reason he is the 5th back is because of his injury history, he tore a ligament in his big toe or something crazy and he also tore an acl.

That's fantastic, he is a good kid, like I said my friend coached him in high school. I was offensive co for our pewee team back when we played against Turbin, I have a pretty bad memory, but I remember this kid! I gotta call our old camera man and see if he saved any film on the kid.

I hope we can take him, I don't think Frank has much left in the tank, and Jacobs and Dixon are not suitable every down backs, and hunter while talented in not big enough to be an every down back...meaning despite all the backs we have heading into camp, we still don't have "the guy" we need...I would be stoked to have this kid on the team, I have been reading up and watching his highlights! WOW eye popping stuff, he was a handful as a pewee, he is a beast as a man!

You're a friend of Bob Spain?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Robert Turbin, in for a workout, this kid has always been fast, he is a local, played his pewee ball in the FFL (Fremont football league) I remember him, I coached against him, kid was unstoppable! I hope we take him 7th rounder? IDK, it would just be cool. Practice squad guy, someone to push Hunter...

LOL. Nice April Fool's joke.

Seriously, had no idea how highly he's rated, when I saw that I had to call our defensive coordinator, from back in the day and apologize! I goggled him and saw some highlights, holy crap! He is just what we need, a fast powerful back who can catch!

we'll he's rated as a 2nd - 3rd rounder but could fall a bit if the board falls a certain way. However he had arguably one of the best combines for a runningback tying for the lead in the bench press, a top 10 40 time of 4.50, a top 10-15 shuttle and one of the best if not the best vertical and long jumps so he is easily the 5th best RB in the draft behind Richardson, Miller, Wilson, Martin. The only reason he is the 5th back is because of his injury history, he tore a ligament in his big toe or something crazy and he also tore an acl.

That's fantastic, he is a good kid, like I said my friend coached him in high school. I was offensive co for our pewee team back when we played against Turbin, I have a pretty bad memory, but I remember this kid! I gotta call our old camera man and see if he saved any film on the kid.

I hope we can take him, I don't think Frank has much left in the tank, and Jacobs and Dixon are not suitable every down backs, and hunter while talented in not big enough to be an every down back...meaning despite all the backs we have heading into camp, we still don't have "the guy" we need...I would be stoked to have this kid on the team, I have been reading up and watching his highlights! WOW eye popping stuff, he was a handful as a pewee, he is a beast as a man!

You're a friend of Bob Spain?

Casey Kester, was the guy coaching way back then...lol. I've since moved out of Fremont, but I tell you FFL, put a whipping on the Pop Warner all stars, and the general level of play is better than I've seen where I'm living now!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/163783-robert-turbin/
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

hey toe nail, go review the combine, he doesn have dreads anymore.,

Hello mcfly, I'm not going to rewatch the combine
Share 49ersWebzone