There are 207 users in the forums

Trade up for Coby Fleener?

Trade up for Coby Fleener?

Originally posted by kronik:
Ahhh ok, I thought this thread was about trading up for him. My bad

It is and I already said I wouldn't agree with that. Keep the picks and rack up as much talent as possible.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ahhh ok, I thought this thread was about trading up for him. My bad

It is and I already said I wouldn't agree with that. Keep the picks and rack up as much talent as possible.

AGreed. I just thought u were one of the guys taht loved him so much that they would magically add 20 lbs to his frame and automatically assume our offense would turn into Belichek and Sean Payton's pass happy offense. My apologies, good discussion tho bro
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah because Calvin Johnson is going to be hanging around at #30.

I wouldn't trade up for Fleener, but if he's there, he's the best possible value. I wouldn't trade up for anyone as the talent is pretty evenly distributed in key positions throughout the draft. Keep the picks and go for the best available players in each round.
I 100% agree with this. The point was that there are other player and other postions that will be matchup nightmare in the red zone and on third down they dont need to trade up to get fleener.
Originally posted by 3-BALL:
Never seen such a skinny TE get so over-rated as well in Fleener. If u want to replace DW, get someone in the 3rd - 4th. Good Luck blocking in the NFL Fleener, u gonna get manhandled.
STOP. think a minute you might change your mind.You would have another player you could bash every day when you post on here !

Hey whata you think about that , pretty cool huh ?

Not bashing Fleener. Just don't think we need him in our system. The love for Fleener is laughable. People automatically assume we will become the Patriots who pass even when they're up by 28 pts.

With that being said, if he was there in the 2nd, I would love to draft him (which is NOT gonna happen).

Fleener love reminds me of the Quentin Groves obsession that happened here a few years back.

If the 49ers pass on Fleener, this place is gonna go apes**t. Stupid.
I am ok with not trading but if they did trade for him I wouldn't be mad. People say there are guys that can be had in every round. This is true but they have to end up being the right guy. How many Jimmy Grahm's or Gronkowski's came out of last years draft...

People covet a draft pick and it's value too much. You are taking a risk with every pick because nothing is guaranteed. If Fleener turns out to be the real deal than who cares what we trade for him if it's within reason. Just judging by size and numbers and production in college, I would say that there is a big drop off in TE's after Fleener gets picked.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I am ok with not trading but if they did trade for him I wouldn't be mad. People say there are guys that can be had in every round. This is true but they have to end up being the right guy. How many Jimmy Grahm's or Gronkowski's came out of last years draft...

People covet a draft pick and it's value too much. You are taking a risk with every pick because nothing is guaranteed. If Fleener turns out to be the real deal than who cares what we trade for him if it's within reason. Just judging by size and numbers and production in college, I would say that there is a big drop off in TE's after Fleener gets picked.

I think Graham and Gronk are byproducts of the offensive system they are in. Don't get me wrong , they're talented, especially Graham. But Harbaugh's system is NOT similar to Belichek and Payton's systems.

Can u imagine if VD was in Belichek or Payton's system? WOW
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 3-BALL:
Never seen such a skinny TE get so over-rated as well in Fleener. If u want to replace DW, get someone in the 3rd - 4th. Good Luck blocking in the NFL Fleener, u gonna get manhandled.
STOP. think a minute you might change your mind.You would have another player you could bash every day when you post on here !

Hey whata you think about that , pretty cool huh ?

Not bashing Fleener. Just don't think we need him in our system. The love for Fleener is laughable. People automatically assume we will become the Patriots who pass even when they're up by 28 pts.

With that being said, if he was there in the 2nd, I would love to draft him (which is NOT gonna happen).

Fleener love reminds me of the Quentin Groves obsession that happened here a few years back.

If the 49ers pass on Fleener, this place is gonna go apes**t. Stupid.

Or Adam Carriker , Aaron Maybin, David Green, etc...

Yea, if they pass on Fleener, lot of these posters will cry Baalke is a terrible GM. I bet most of them would pick Fleener with the #1 pick overall, geeez
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 31, 2012 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Trade up for a #3 TE. I say no

Hmm.. where do we have a need and where do we have value/extreme perceived value? I say move up and grab Fleener and trade vernon for a starting RB. Jus sayin..V Davis' pass catching ability is a bit over rated...and with Harbaugh's offense, it's more about having multiple receivers/TE's as opposed to depending on w having a world beater #1. Dish V D and Gore..it'd be a Walsh move
Originally posted by JaxinSac:
Hmm.. where do we have a need and where do we have value/extreme perceived value? I say move up and grab Fleener and trade vernon for a starting RB. Jus sayin..V Davis' pass catching ability is a bit over rated...and with Harbaugh's offense, it's more about having multiple receivers/TE's as opposed to depending on w having a world beater #1. Dish V D and Gore..it'd be a Walsh move
that is the most idiotic move ever
  • mike
  • Veteran
WTF...More like a really retarded Madden move. Lemme guess the RB is chris johnson or something lmao.

Tight ends take AT LEAST a year to develop, I don't get why people don't understand that. VD took 3 years to really put up the big numbers. In a pass happy offense Gronk only put up 500 yds his first year. Witten 347 yds. Jimmy graham 356 yds. Get the picture? That's the kind of production you're going to get out of a rookie tight end. VD is in no way "overrated", he struggled with the playbook in the 1st half but caught fire by the end of the year.

With gore, hunter, and jacobs, our RBs are fine for at least another year.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Holy s**t no no no.

LOL, OMG, this crazy love for Fleener has reached a new MORONIC high.
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM ]

LOL, OMG, this crazy love for Fleener has reached a new MORONIC high.
Tell me anout it.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Holy s**t no no no.

VD had 180 and 2 TD's and 118 and 2 TD's in both playoff games respectively. Talk about stepping up your game. Not like Crab who some think is still a #1 WR. 1 catch for 3 yards....
Guys, remember, Fleener may be a TE on paper, but we want and have to have good hands guys, be they WR or TE , who can get open. I believe Fleener is that guy, and since it is unlikely the WR we need is going to fall into our laps, I would indeed move up to get him. This arguing about WR vs TE is not germane. Good hands and getting open is.
Share 49ersWebzone