LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

Would you trade our 1 and 2 for DeCastro?

Would you trade our 1 and 2 for DeCastro?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Wouldn't be enough ammunition to move that far up the board.

Probably no DeCastro in our future then, considering even this price might be too steep from our perspective.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
If the cost is ONLY our 1st and 2nd? ... hmmm... maybe so.

Next year's second?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Probably no DeCastro in our future then, considering even this price might be too steep from our perspective.

He needs to break the law quickly. He's got a month.
It would take next years first rounder + #30 to get within range of DeCastro.
They wouldn't be able to keep DeCastro and Iupati long term if DeCastro is really that good and I for one would rather have Iupati on the left than DeCastro on the right.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
They wouldn't be able to keep DeCastro and Iupati long term if DeCastro is really that good and I for one would rather have Iupati on the left than DeCastro on the right.

This, look what happened to NO. I'm still not a big proponent one spending high picks, much less multiple ones, on interior lineman. Them, S, and TEs you can always find later in the draft.
Originally posted by TX9R:

This, look what happened to NO. I'm still not a big proponent one spending high picks, much less multiple ones, on interior lineman. Them, S, and TEs you can always find later in the draft.

Definitely a fair point.

The Niner FO should blackmail DeCastro with a dead hooker...Godfather style!
Originally posted by TX9R:

yeah look at what happened to NO, they won a Super Bowl lol
Originally posted by schmons:

They had the same 2 guards last year and did not win the Super Bowl. They also had to let the better of the two walk this year and are now in the same position as we are. Spending a top 20 pick on another interior lineman would weaken the rest of our roster long term.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]

As much as I like DeCastro....No. We can get a good RG in the later rounds to compete with Kilgore.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Somebody get a girl to say he raped her, quick. He doesn't actually have to do it....we just need it to happen a week before draft and then back out the day after.
Originally posted by schmons:

They had the same 2 guards last year and did not win the Super Bowl. They also had to let the better of the two walk this year and are now in the same position as we are. Spending a top 20 pick on another interior lineman would weaken the rest of our roster long term.

roster turnover is part of the game. i, in no way am saying we should trade up to get decastro, but if they did manage to get him, he would be signed to a 4-5 year contract and iupati is signed for another 3 years so there would be a few seasons before the money issue would be a problem
It looks like the Niners will have to settle for the next best pair of offensive linemen in Konz and Zeitler from Wisconsin as their potential first selection. DeCastro will not make it past the Bears.
Originally posted by drake49er:
As much as I like DeCastro....No. We can get a good RG in the later rounds to compete with Kilgore.

It can be done. Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks were picked up in the 4th and 5th rounds respectively.
Share 49ersWebzone