LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

NC49erfan82's First Mock Draft

Ok guys I am not a draft expert but over the past few years I have starting to find out what to really look for in players and get better at this. Let me know what you think. This is without no trades of course.

Round 1 - Stephen Hill WR GA Tech

Big WR coming from an offense that relied heavily on the run. Tore up the combine showing great hands (had a few drops in college) and smoked the 40 yard dash. Will need to work on his route running but will have the bennifit from learning how to take it deep with new addition Randy Moss from Free Agency.

Round 2 - Jarred Crick DE Nebraska

High motor DE who has a mean streak that does not stop coming. Could be a second molding of Justin Smith. Had some injury issues while playing in Nebraska but worth an early pick.

Round 3 - Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina

Shows great speed and does not mind getting physical. Can be subjected to biting on the double move due to his knack to gamble on the ball. Could possibly go in the 2nd round.

Round 4 - Bernard Pierce RB Temple

A RB that can slice through the holes very well possessing excellent vision. Came off a real good pro day on improving his 40. He makes great cuts but does not pass protect well nor was really used in the passing game.

Round 5 -TY Hilton WR/KR/PR FIU

Great Returner and play making WR that has jets to get away from people and make people miss. Should be a great addition to the special teams unit and could step in for a few plays and be a deep threat in the future. I originally had Ryan Broyles until my boy PTulini told me about this guy and just had me sold. Just a better pick than Broyles IMO.

Round 6 - Dave Molk C Michagin

Sure Harbaugh has his eye on him. Should be an earlier pick but has had 4 right leg injuries in college as well as a Tendon tear. He is really strong and shows quick reaction.

Round 7 - Nicholas Jean Baptise DT Baylor

Shows flashes of initial quicknes and is really stout verses the run. Has plenty of size on him but has shown lack to finish plays.

I know we are in need of a RG but I made this already thinking Schwartz was going to sign with us but did not. Maybe we can address it with a trade or possible FA pickup for depth. I honestly believe Kilgore will be our guy this season.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Mar 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Ok guys I am not a draft expert but over the past few years I have starting to find out what to really look for in players and get better at this. Let me know what you think. This is without no trades of course.

Round 1 - Stephen Hill WR GA Tech

Big WR coming from an offense that relied heavily on the run. Tore up the combine showing great hands (had a few drops in college) and smoked the 40 yard dash. Will need to work on his route running but will have the bennifit from learning how to take it deep with new addition Randy Moss from Free Agency.

Round 2 - Jarred Crick DE Nebraska

High motor DE who has a mean streak that does not stop coming. Could be a second molding of Justin Smith. Had some injury issues while playing in Nebraska but worth an early pick.

Round 3 - Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina

Shows great speed and does not mind getting physical. Can be subjected to biting on the double move due to his knack to gamble on the ball. Could possibly go in the 2nd round.

Round 4 - Bernard Pierce RB Temple

A RB that can slice through the holes very well possessing excellent vision. Came off a real good pro day on improving his 40. He makes great cuts but does not pass protect well nor was really used in the passing game.

Round 5 -TY Hilton WR/KR/PR FIU

Great Returner and play making WR that has jets to get away from people and make people miss. Should be a great addition to the special teams unit and could step in for a few plays and be a deep threat in the future. I originally had Ryan Broyles until my boy PTulini told me about this guy and just had me sold. Just a better pick than Broyles IMO.

Round 6 - Dave Molk C Michagin

Sure Harbaugh has his eye on him. Should be an earlier pick but has had 4 right leg injuries in college as well as a Tendon tear. He is really strong and shows quick reaction.

Round 7 - Nicholas Jean Baptise DT Baylor

Shows flashes of initial quicknes and is really stout verses the run. Has plenty of size on him but has shown lack to finish plays.

I know we are in need of a RG but I made this already thinking Schwartz was going to sign with us but did not. Maybe we can address it with a trade or possible FA pickup for depth. I honestly believe Kilgore will be our guy this season.

I like.. Very nice!
If all those guys make it that far I would be pretty happy with that draft. Some of those guys seem a round or two too low.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If all those guys make it that far I would be pretty happy with that draft. Some of those guys seem a round or two too low.

I think maybe the Josh Norman and possibly the Dave Molk pick. The thing is this is the draft and where all these players are "projected" to go sometimes surprise us year in and year out. We dont know what these teams are thinking and picking on BPA or needs. Alot comes into factor with the draft. I do tend to agree but it would not be the draft without a surprise. There is going to be teams trading all up and down so I would not be surprised if I do not get one pick right.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

This. Would really like the Hill and Norman picks.
Well done Miles! I would love this draft.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I think maybe the Josh Norman and possibly the Dave Molk pick. The thing is this is the draft and where all these players are "projected" to go sometimes surprise us year in and year out. We dont know what these teams are thinking and picking on BPA or needs. Alot comes into factor with the draft. I do tend to agree but it would not be the draft without a surprise. There is going to be teams trading all up and down so I would not be surprised if I do not get one pick right.

I was thinking Hilton as well... maybe not. I like Broyles as well. Good job though Miles... we would come away with a better team with added depth
good mock but like you and gore mentioned I think some of those guys would go higher.
Great mock. Love every pick but the Molk one. I don't see him being any better than Cody Wallace was.
Share 49ersWebzone