There are 230 users in the forums

Nick Toon - WR - Wisconsin

He's nowhere near that fast on the field. He's still a 4th rounder to me.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
100% agree. He does not play as fast as he times. He is not the kind of receiver we need right now. While the "not playing as fast as he times thing" could also apply to Childs and his 4.39/4.40 at his pro day, Childs has shown to be a more dominant receiver when healthy and against stiffer competition. I grade Childs above Toon.

X2. Isn't Childs still a day 3 pick? Would be awesome to get him.

His Pro Day made everyone believe "he's back" and fully healthy. He's getting 3rd-4th round talk now.

Hmm Id be cool with that.

I could see us taking him at the end of the 3rd and I'd be okay with it if he's deemed healthy. Looks like a really good fit, but I'd want to add a second receiver that has blinding speed/quickness later in the draft such as Devon Wylie, Kashif Moore, or T.Y. Hilton, who had a very nice Pro Day today.

Do tell? Got a link? I'd like to see what people think of him, there is little to no hype on him so I'd think it would be a fairly accurate assessment.

Look in the pro day thread, posted there: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/163762-official-pro-day-news-discussion-complete-schedule/
Nick Toon is awesome! He might be a bit slow but he's still a damn skilled receiver.
I think Toon is similar to Niles Paul but a bit better of a receiver. I think Toon is hurt by the depth at receiver this year. He doesn't have the tag of really being a potential game breaker like say Chris Givens and isn't seen as a high upside guy.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I think Toon is similar to Niles Paul but a bit better of a receiver. I think Toon is hurt by the depth at receiver this year. He doesn't have the tag of really being a potential game breaker like say Chris Givens and isn't seen as a high upside guy.

thanks for the link. thats actually a really accurate comparison, I'd like a guy like Toon on the team but only if he fell a little bit to the mid rounds.
I watched nearly every Wisconsin game during Toon's career, and I am simply not impressed. I place an early 6th round grade on the player, even though he will be drafted earlier. I graded him the 6th best player on his team's offense this last year. He plays much, much slower than a 4.4/4.5 guy.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM ]
It's VERY common when prospects run faster at their pro-day. Different tracks. I personally disregard them. Everyone has the same conditions and track at the combine so I'll go with combine results.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:
It's VERY common when prospects run faster at their pro-day. Different tracks. I personally disregard them. Everyone has the same conditions and track at the combine so I'll go with combine results.

I feel the same way too.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by kronik:

I feel the same way too.

the irony thing is that the colts surface is apparently a somewhat fast one lol. so for him to improve on his track is kind of funny.
Share 49ersWebzone