There are 297 users in the forums

OTC's Big 125 Board + 49ers Mock (3/5/12)

OTC - question of why you have Sanu so low? Even if we took Hill at 30 ( he'll be gone). I wouldn't mind going back to back wideouts. Hill and Sanu, that would be sweet.
If Tannehill is six on your board, who's drafting him?
I know it's not a mock, but do you think the wr's will go like that in the draft? Blackmon... Floyd... Wright... and Hill.
Originally posted by D-Money:
OTC - question of why you have Sanu so low? Even if we took Hill at 30 ( he'll be gone). I wouldn't mind going back to back wideouts. Hill and Sanu, that would be sweet.
If Tannehill is six on your board, who's drafting him?

Washington. Could change, but at this point it looks like Cleveland is the more likely trade partner for St. Louis.

Keep in mind this is just an initial board. This will likely undergo massive changes over the next month and a half. Sanu could rise a bit, but with differing team needs, sometimes a very good player will have a slight slide. I think Sanu will be taken around that late 2nd-early 3rd area, so think about him in terms of the area I have him placed, rather than the specific pick.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Question...no inside lb? Think Grant will stay?

Reportedly, we are expected to give Grant the 2nd round tender.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I know it's not a mock, but do you think the wr's will go like that in the draft? Blackmon... Floyd... Wright... and Hill.

Right now yes. Ask me two weeks from now and you may have a totally different answer.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Tannehill at number 6 is a bit surprising.....ditto Poe and Martin breaking into the top 10. I respect your views a lot and you seemed to go "against the grain" with a number of first round picks. Would love to have a bit more detail on how you arrived at slotting the first 20 players or so if you have the time to do so.

Just looking at the historical trends, I think there are always a couple "Hmmmm" picks in that top 20 that go against the grain of what the majority was thinking. I look at what the Panthers saw in Newton and that insane, raw potential and believe that Rivers -- a defensive guy -- will see the same in Poe, who is a player who would MASSIVELY upgrade their terrible rushing D if he performs up to his ability.

Likewise, Locker and Ponder both went earlier than expected last year, and I think back to Mark Sanchez going top ten (really didn't think he should've) and believe that Tannehill has a really good chance to go there.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Where was Hill expected to go before the combine? And how ready do you expect him to be, and by that I mean how productive in his rookie year, game changer or frustrating rookie

I haven't jumped on his bandwagon yet
[ Edited by toeshawn on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Where was Hill expected to go before the combine? And how ready do you expect him to be?

Mid-to-late 2nd.
It is really very good. A few things that caught my eye as a ...

( not that any of us REALLY know )

Janoris Jenkins... so many character issues... not convinced he did enough to go so early in the process.

Kevin Zeitler... I'd have him about a dozen or so spots higher.

Tommy Streeter... I'd move him up about two dozen spots. That size and speed will be too attractive in rd 2.

Brandon Washington... love the guy... top 60 pick for me.

Cam Johnson... should be in the 50-60 range.... and definitely above the likes of Chandler Jones.

Overall good stuff...
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by JimmyMcnulty:
Lol, a "projection board".

Never understood that concept. I look at it as a board of rankings

me 2

even though this isnt a mock, i would still be happy with the picks the niners get. great job!!!
I think I'd rather grab one of the CBs in the second:

64 Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
67 Josh Robinson* CB Central Florida
69 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
74 Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayette

Originally posted by jb49ers80:
I think I'd rather grab one of the CBs in the second:

64 Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
67 Josh Robinson* CB Central Florida
69 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
74 Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayettehe

hellz no crick is a beast

before his injuey he was a mid 1st round pick
Great job OTC, very solid overall ranking... a few comments from my own personal opinion.

1) Joe Adams should be on this list (IMO no later than a late 3rd round pick)

2) Chris Givens is rated too high (listed in the 2nd round)

3) Josh Norman is underrated

While I believe that Norman and Adams hurt their stock with unimpressive 40 times, I don't see either player falling out of the third round. They are much more explosive in pads and in game situations (see Kendall Wright) than their 40 times indicate and all it takes is one GM who doesn't put stake into the combine to rate these two players as 3rd round prospects at the latest. I believe the combine hype will die down and these players will each have a chance to redeem themselves at their pro days (and on film). Both players were extremely productive and explosive in college and both had outstanding performances in postseason games.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Tannehill at number 6 is a bit surprising.....ditto Poe and Martin breaking into the top 10. I respect your views a lot and you seemed to go "against the grain" with a number of first round picks. Would love to have a bit more detail on how you arrived at slotting the first 20 players or so if you have the time to do so.

Just looking at the historical trends, I think there are always a couple "Hmmmm" picks in that top 20 that go against the grain of what the majority was thinking. I look at what the Panthers saw in Newton and that insane, raw potential and believe that Rivers -- a defensive guy -- will see the same in Poe, who is a player who would MASSIVELY upgrade their terrible rushing D if he performs up to his ability.

Likewise, Locker and Ponder both went earlier than expected last year, and I think back to Mark Sanchez going top ten (really didn't think he should've) and believe that Tannehill has a really good chance to go there.
Appreciate the response. I know Poe, after a terrific performance at the Combine, is generating a lot of buzz so I'm not too surprised to see him high on your list. Since QBs are so coveted these days, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at the Tannehill slotting either, although he hasn't gotten too much hype yet, unlike Sanchez. Any thoughts on someone unexpectedly falling to the Niners that they can't pass up?.......and not just a wideout...

Cheers!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Where was Hill expected to go before the combine? And how ready do you expect him to be?

Mid-to-late 2nd.

But with his combine ... if the board is a projection on a range where players should land then shouldn't Hill be in the low 20s? I would love for him to fall all the way to 30 but there are a lot of teams that would be interested in a 6'4" receiver with that kind of speed. The guy reminds me of Randy Moss in many ways.
Appreciate the response. I know Poe, after a terrific performance at the Combine, is generating a lot of buzz so I'm not too surprised to see him high on your list. Since QBs are so coveted these days, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at the Tannehill slotting either, although he hasn't gotten too much hype yet, unlike Sanchez. Any thoughts on someone unexpectedly falling to the Niners that they can't pass up?.......and not just a wideout...

Cheers!

Aside from Kendall Wright possibly making it there, I'm not sure who else might fall that we'd have major interest in to the point where we wouldn't trade back. If I had to guess, it seems right now it could possibly be one of the DL prospects - Still, Brockers, Cox. I also think Reyes has a chance to sneak into the 1st round.

Originally posted by midrdan:
But with his combine ... if the board is a projection on a range where players should land then shouldn't Hill be in the low 20s? I would love for him to fall all the way to 30 but there are a lot of teams that would be interested in a 6'4" receiver with that kind of speed. The guy reminds me of Randy Moss in many ways.

It's very possible this will change. We will have to see. We've got more than a month to go so I may lift him in that time span. Suppose Alshon Jeffery runs at his pro day and hits 4.4 or low 4.5? He'll skyrocket into the top 25. Much is yet to be decided at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone