LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Mocking the 49ers draft:

1 (30) - WR- Brian Quick, Appalachian State

Quick packs 220 pounds onto his 6-foot-4 frame, and his 34 1/4-inch arms were second longest among wideouts in Indianapolis. Answering questions about his long speed, Quick was timed "unofficially" as fast as 4.48 in the forty-yard dash.

I read a report in where the Patriots area scouts put a first-round grade on Quick's 2010-2011 tape, and he's every bit worth this pick for a team pursuing a vertical presence.

We need a WR and Quick may have the biggest upside in the draft at WR and is a very safe pick. He is big, fast and catches everything in site. He dominated his opponents and is everything you look for in a true #1 WR.

2 (62) - OG- Brandon Brooks, MIami (OH)

Brooks measured at 6-foot-5, 346 pounds with 32 5/8-inch arms, and was clocked at 5.0 and 4.98 seconds in his two 40-yard dashes. Brooks then posted 4.58 seconds in the short shuttle drill, and a three-cone drill time of 7.42 seconds. He also threw up 225 pounds 36 times in the bench press. All numbers were as good as, if not better than Cordy Glenn's. Problem was, Brooks was not invited to the combine so he opened eyes at Miami's Pro-Day.

Adam Snyder may be back but he is an average starter at best. Brooks has the skill set and size to be a dominant player in the NFL.

3a (77) - CB- Josh Robinson, Central Florida

**Trade our 4th round pick as well as a 2013 3rd round pick to Phladelphia for the 77th overall pick.

Robinson offers good size with elite speed. He measured in at 5'10, 195 and a ran a blazing 4.29 -40. He makes plays on the ball as evidence by his 10 career picks and is a very good punt returner. He would step in right away and compete with Tramaine Brock for our nickle CB spot behind Culliver and Brown.

3b (93) - WR- Jarius Wright, Arkansas

Wright doesn't have great size at 5'10, 180 but he can fly. He was clocked at 4.42 at the combine in his 40 yard dash.

We need a field stretcher at WR and Wright is a good one. He averaged 17.5 yards per catch during his time in Arkansas.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 3, 2012 at 6:36 AM ]
I'm not sold on Quick in the 1st round. Probably can trade back and get him.
If we move back or even up to the mid 2nd round, Quick might be worth a shot there.
I'd be stunned if Quick went in the first.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I got to do some homework on Quick. Too early to come to any sort of conclusion. But, he does sound intriguing in the 2nd rd.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM ]
Not saying they're right or wrong all the time, but the patriots draft board is always considerably different from other teams. This mock would've been better if we just traded#30 to Philly for 50 and 77. And we keep our fourth this year and third next year. Quick will be available at #51, no need to reach.
Frankly, I don't know enough about Quick but overall I like it.

Brandon Brooks is a solid pick.
I don't think Quick, despite his physical attributes, is a great value at 30 frankly. If the team likes him, they would be wise to trade up from 62 or trade down from 30.

One guy on your draft list I do like however, is Wright. He definitely would be a great addition to the WR corps. Decent chance he will be there at 93 too.

Giving up a fourth and a future third for a CB that is not even 5'10" tall is ridiculous though. If you like him that much, why not just take him at 62?
Swap Quick for Hill and your golden.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'd be stunned if Quick went in the first.

I am with you on this. I would be disapointed if we took Quick at 30. If that is who they are targeting then trade back but I dont want him at 30. Even with a fast timed 40, 30 is a reach. Would much rather have Fleener at 30 if he is still on the board.

Who cares what grade Patriots give QUick. Don't kiss their ass cuz alot of their draft picks suck.
Originally posted by kronik:
Who cares what grade Patriots give QUick. Don't kiss their ass cuz alot of their draft picks suck.

Seriously. A players who is an absolute stud for one team could be awful for another and vice versa. We've seen it so many times.
The Cowboys gave NoVorro Bowman a first round grade (then why didnt they take him in the first) and Anthony Davis a 4th round grade.
Quick in round one? I like him but not before round two or three.
Don't be "Quick" to jump the gun on putting him in the first round.

How can he go in the first round when Mayock is talking about 2 legitimate top receivers in Blackmon and Floyd.

I think Hill and Kendall Wright are late first round picks. Maybe even second rounders.

Quicks more like a 3rd round pick. Streeter had better stats at the combine.

Good thing there are a ton of WR's probably going to be a lot more busts too. I heard they invited 20* more WR (47) compared to last years 27?
Share 49ersWebzone