LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

Hill and ? or Fleener and ?

Hill and ? or Fleener and ?

Fleener and Quick
We are getting V. Jackson so Fleener and Wylie. Thank you.
(Time for me to ramble)
Possible benefits from having either one

Fleener: Will be easy for him to pick up the system and can line up at Wide Out on some plays as he did in college, (Supposedly he runs a 4.5 40, thhats the same time Crabtree ran), but we would wonder if it really is a waste of a 1st rd when we already have a good set of TEs..

Hill: Comes from a run happy offense. Meaning he should be able to block on runs pretty well. Unfortunately, having a reciever that can block isnt the issue, we need a reciever that can make plays, not assist them..
doesnt look like a bad reciever but he's just a huge mystery and raw. And the point of a 1st rounder is to have them come in and be able to start right away

At the end of the day, Hill had a great combine but due to a run happy team, his game tape is very limited when show casing his reciever abilities(not to be coonfused with his ability to run block).

High risk, high reward?. Unless we take fleener, he wont be going in the first.
Our best option is to trade back into the early first and snag Fleener there.
I truly just think most people cant imagine him playing for someone pther than JH
hill and egnew is by far the best option
Originally posted by ninertico:
That works.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hill and egnew is by far the best option

You may know that Hill caught exactly 49 passes during his college career. Coincidence?
Originally posted by aman49:
lol, whyTF do ppl on this board keep pulling for Fleener?

1, we already have 2 good TEs.
2, None of the experts have Fleener graded as even a top 5 TE.

We have 1 good TE and one that is basically a WR playing TE.
Which experts are these? i have not seen any that don't have him as a top 5 TE. Most have him 1 or 2.
I want Fleener because he provides this team with something they need, a big, sure handed target who can get open in the middle of the field and open everything up. I don't think we need to classify our biggest need as necessarily a WR, but rather a player who can get open, catch and be a formidable target in the redzone. Whether it is a TE or WR, it doesn't really matter.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM ]
I think Jefferey is going to fall. I take Fleener in the first, than Jefferey in the second.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Wylie in the second, or just in general? I would be irate if we took wylie in the second.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Stephen Hill and/or George Bryan/Blake Ayles

Originally posted by aman49:
lol, whyTF do ppl on this board keep pulling for Fleener?

1, we already have 2 good TEs.
2, None of the experts have Fleener graded as even a top 5 TE.

this lol this
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Doug Martin.
Everyone is in love with Hill cause of his combine 40, but will he really get drafted low in the first or high in the second? I say trade back and get Fleener then trade up and get hill in the mid 2nd?

There are a low of FA WR and a lot of WR to draft, if a lot of WR are signed in FA then the WRs in the draft will fall. Unless teams get panicky and there is a run. Don't say a player can't fall either, we seen it before, sometimes because of rumors or attitude and sometimes unexplained. Al Davis isn't around so him taking Hill is one less.
Originally posted by hofer36:
hill and green

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WildBill:
Everyone is in love with Hill cause of his combine 40, but will he really get drafted low in the first or high in the second? I say trade back and get Fleener then trade up and get hill in the mid 2nd?

There are a low of FA WR and a lot of WR to draft, if a lot of WR are signed in FA then the WRs in the draft will fall. Unless teams get panicky and there is a run. Don't say a player can't fall either, we seen it before, sometimes because of rumors or attitude and sometimes unexplained. Al Davis isn't around so him taking Hill is one less.

I had an eye on Hill way before the Combine, I just figured, if CJ and DT were that good coming outta college than Hill who has somewhat of a similar skill set could be good value. I thought before the Combine that Hill was worth a 2nd round pick, now that the Combine has past, hes definitely worth the 30th pick IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone