LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 341 users in the forums

Hill and ? or Fleener and ?

Hill and ? or Fleener and ?

Since we all agree (jk) that tall is terrific (creating mismatches, especially in short yardage and goal line situations), which combo of Hill and a TE or Fleener and a WR do you feel would be best for Niners to select: Following the player is his height, projected round (CBS) and where Niners would select him (in parantheses).
probably wont draft either
hill and green
hill and fleener

boom!
lol, whyTF do ppl on this board keep pulling for Fleener?

1, we already have 2 good TEs.
2, None of the experts have Fleener graded as even a top 5 TE.
Although I am a Mizzou fan and like Michael Egnew as a pass catcher, I dont think the niners will draft a TE without run blocking ability and Egnew has never had to run block in college.
Originally posted by aman49:

lol, wut

unless he is sitting very late, I would pass

ridiculous statement. I have not seen a single article or list by any expert that has Fleener outside of the top 3, and many have him as the top TE. Delanie is short, has streaky hands, and he will be a FA next year that will likely ask for more than he deserves if we keep winning. When you use 2 TEs all the time, you need three good ones.
streeter and fleener please!!!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
hill and fleener

boom!
What sort of stars and planets alignment would have to take place ...? Let's do it.
Fleener and Streeter. Although I would be happy with Hill and Green. I think Fleener just makes people feel comfortable because we already know Harbaugh had success with him and that would mean less risk involved.

Delanie is a likeable guy but had 6 straight games without a catch before he broke his jaw. Either Alex can't hit him or he isn't open or they are on a different page. Either way, we know we are keeping Alex, so we need another TE weapon if Harbaugh is going to stick with the multiple TE formations. Delanie can be the 3 TE/ H-back and still be used just as much.

Fleener will go late 1st or early 2nd. He is at least top 3 TE and then it's a matter of opinion which TE is best between Fleener, Allen and Charles. People like Fleener for his height because of Gronk and Grahm.

1. We'll probably lose Delanie next year. This year, he could concentrate on H-Back.
2. CBS is the rating I used. CBS has Fleener as the 2nd TE. Walter Football has Fleener as the #1 TE and the Niners first round pick. What experts are you referring to?
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

1. We'll probably lose Delanie next year. This year, he could concentrate on H-Back.
2. CBS is the rating I used. CBS has Fleener as the 2nd TE. Walter Football has Fleener as the #1 TE and the Niners first round pick. What experts are you referring to?
we get Nate back who would be the better H-Back and I bet we draft a replacement for Moran
Toss up between Hill and Green vs. Fleener and Streeter. Fleener would have the most impact next year, but I like the upside of Hill as a true #1 and Green getting a year to be less Green behind Walker.
Share 49ersWebzone