LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

My First Mock

I've been a 49er fan all my life, my dad started bringing me to games at Candlestick back in the mid-80's. I've been a fan of the 49erswebzone for a while now, but this will be the first time I've posted a draft. Here we go:

1st round - Coby Fleener, TE Stanford
Unless we get Wallace from Pittsburgh, we need a play maker here for our offense. I choose Fleener because has knows Greg Roman's offense and can provide another match-up problem for defenses. This should free up Vernon Davis a bit and improve our offense.

2nd round - Amini Silatolu, OG Midwestern State
I'm hoping they resign Adam Snyder, he played well enough for a career backup last year, but we need to draft his eventual replacement. Silatolu is a raw prospect, but if he's given a year or two to sit and learn behind Snyder, he may be something special. An O-line of Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Silatolu, Davis looks pretty good to me.

3rd round - Joch Norman, CB Coastal Carolina
This guy combines good size and speed and all-around good game. If Rogers leaves via free agency, that should press Culliver into the starting lineup (barring a FA pickup) along side Tarell Brown, and I think Norman would be able to challenge Brock for the nickel CB job.

4th round - Robert Turbin, RB Utah State
Very high on this guy. good size (5'10", 222) and an outstanding all around athlete. Seems to have the blue collar mentality that Harbuagh loves. He needs to work on his pass blocking skills, but Rathman will be able to get him on the right path. May be Gore's eventual replacement.

5th round - Sean Cattouse, SS California
Probably just a ST guy but could become a good SS from watching and learning behind Whitner.

6th round - Derek Wolfe, DL Cincinnati
Been intrigued with this guy for a while now. May be a good fit in our DL rotation. Nice combination of size, speed and motor. After a decent combine showing, he might not last until the end of the 6th, though.

7th round - Chris Owusu, WR Stanford
I know most people will be sacred off by his concussion history, but I think Harbaugh may not want to take a chance and miss out on another one of his old Stanford guys. he could have drafted WR Doug Baldwin last year, but didn't and Seattle wound up with a heck of a WR. This guy tied for the fastest time among WR's at the combine, and he knows Roman's offense. In my mind that's too many positives for the team to not draft this guy in the 7th.
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
I've been a 49er fan all my life, my dad started bringing me to games at Candlestick back in the mid-80's. I've been a fan of the 49erswebzone for a while now, but this will be the first time I've posted a draft. Here we go:

1st round - Coby Fleener, TE Stanford
Unless we get Wallace from Pittsburgh, we need a play maker here for our offense. I choose Fleener because has knows Greg Roman's offense and can provide another match-up problem for defenses. This should free up Vernon Davis a bit and improve our offense.

2nd round - Amini Silatolu, OG Midwestern State
I'm hoping they resign Adam Snyder, he played well enough for a career backup last year, but we need to draft his eventual replacement. Silatolu is a raw prospect, but if he's given a year or two to sit and learn behind Snyder, he may be something special. An O-line of Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Silatolu, Davis looks pretty good to me.

3rd round - Joch Norman, CB Coastal Carolina
This guy combines good size and speed and all-around good game. If Rogers leaves via free agency, that should press Culliver into the starting lineup (barring a FA pickup) along side Tarell Brown, and I think Norman would be able to challenge Brock for the nickel CB job.

4th round - Robert Turbin, RB Utah State
Very high on this guy. good size (5'10", 222) and an outstanding all around athlete. Seems to have the blue collar mentality that Harbuagh loves. He needs to work on his pass blocking skills, but Rathman will be able to get him on the right path. May be Gore's eventual replacement.

5th round - Sean Cattouse, SS California
Probably just a ST guy but could become a good SS from watching and learning behind Whitner.

6th round - Derek Wolfe, DL Cincinnati
Been intrigued with this guy for a while now. May be a good fit in our DL rotation. Nice combination of size, speed and motor. After a decent combine showing, he might not last until the end of the 6th, though.

7th round - Chris Owusu, WR Stanford
I know most people will be sacred off by his concussion history, but I think Harbaugh may not want to take a chance and miss out on another one of his old Stanford guys. he could have drafted WR Doug Baldwin last year, but didn't and Seattle wound up with a heck of a WR. This guy tied for the fastest time among WR's at the combine, and he knows Roman's offense. In my mind that's too many positives for the team to not draft this guy in the 7th.
nice effort, but i think niners need more than a 7th rd pick to upgrade the receiver position...especially a guy with inj history
wolfe wont be there in rd 6, i would suspect, nor turbin in rd 4 the way he has been impressing in the offseason
  • fan49
  • Veteran
getting fleener will not free up davis unless we get a few better lineman. fleener cant block a 1/3 as good as davis. im comepletely against fleener in first unless we get a stud wideout.
Nice.

It will alll depend on FA. Our 2 main weaknesses are, IMO, RG & WR. We need them now and not to be developed down the road.

Hopefully Kilgore/Pearson will be ready. If not, I feel we need to grab a starting quality RG in the 2nd. I really like the Fleener pick also because he is fast and the learning curve will be small.

I'm a fan of Turbin and Wolfe, feel they'll be a real solid players but will be gone before the 4th, and 6th respectively.
Sweet you wasted a 1st rd pick on a slow #2 TE with ankle issues. Your mock sucks and I hope it dies painfully.
Norman will go in the 2nd IMO
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Sweet you wasted a 1st rd pick on a slow #2 TE with ankle issues. Your mock sucks and I hope it dies painfully.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vypGPc2LVFo#t=0s
I actually love this mock. But I'm getting the feeling that the slow #2 TE with ankle issues will be a mid 20's pick and he won't be available for the Niners. The other possibility, Stephen Hill, is an enticing pick but his lack of college production scares me.

This leads me back to selecting Mike Wallace. We finally get the guy who can get separation and speed.
not a bad mock but i hope the niners draft a WR 3rd round or earlier, even if we get a WR in FA.

ya i dont mind fleener in first but only if we get WR in 2nd

getting a #2 TE is a luxury pick

getting a #1 WR (hell even a WR ) is a need as of now

need trumps luxury
ALthough I would not HATE drafting Fleener, I would rather not use a 1st round draft pick on a luxury position (3rd TE) while we have WR, CB, OC, OG needs. Just my humble opinion.
I cant see an OG going that high. Wolfe ill bet is on many teams radar in the 2nd round. I am hoping we land Wolfe and maybe Philly bites on the 2nd rounder for Grant, giving the 9ers a second selection.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

you mad because you want jeffrey would bet that fleener is as fast or faster than jeffrey
Receiver could come via free agency.
Share 49ersWebzone