3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

I was pretty dissapointed with Kendall's 40. Same with Sanu.

I do not think that the official time reflects his actual speed.

I did not write down his unofficial times, but I think they were 4.44 and 4.47. His official time was 4.61.
That seems to be the biggest difference between an unofficial and official time at the combine.

My understanding is that the official times started with the movement of the runners hand.

If Wright had moved his hand quite a bit before he actually began to run, his official time would be much slower, than his actual speed.

My sense is that his unofficial times are a better reflection of his speed than the official time.

Let us see what he runs at the Baylor pro-day.

edit; I do that the times run at pro-days are susceptible to home cooking.
:
[ Edited by buck on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM ]
I'd be happy to sit at 30 and see who falls to us...Floyd or Hill. I prefer Hill...but it's close enough I'd be happy with either. If both are there at 30, I'd advocate trading out of the spot to someone who doesn't want a WR and going down 5-6 positions.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Stephen Hill
3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

I did not write down his unofficial times, but I think they were 4.44 and 4.47. His official time was 4.61.
That seems to be the biggest difference between an unofficial and official time at the combine.

My understanding is that the official times started with the movement of the runners hand.

If Wright had moved his hand quite a bit before he actually began to run), his official time would be much slower, than his actual speed.

My sense is that his unofficial times are a better reflection of his speed than the official time.

If he has a great pro-day, I will happily move him up on his rankings.
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Stephen Hill
3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

If Wright had moved his hand quite a bit before he actually began to run), his official time would be much slower, than his actual speed.

you mean if he has a great FORTY? Other than Blackmon, your top 10 is very skewed towards 40 results
game tape dont lie, kendall wright is fast. i dont know why people are concerned about his 40 time
  • buck
  • Veteran
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Stephen Hill
3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

That makes sense, but what would constitute great. I would think a 4.50 or lower would suffice.

edit: I found this bit of news.

One league source assures ESPN Florida's Charlie Bernstein that his team is "not concerned at all" about Baylor WR Kendall Wright's disappointing 4.61 forty time.
"Kendall Wright plays much faster than he was clocked," the source added. We suspect it's a sentiment shared by many teams, as Wright's slow time was due primarily to hand movement before he got cleanly out of his stance. On film, Wright played faster than Notre Dame's Michael Floyd (4.42) and Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill (4.36). Wright could fall right in the Texans' lap at No. 26 overall thanks to the "poor" Combine performance. Feb. 29 - 10:23 am et
Source: ESPN Florida

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7425&line=228731&spln=1
[ Edited by buck on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM ]
That makes sense, but what would constitute great. I would think a 4.50 or lower would suffice.

Yeah if he mid 4.5, I'd put him at #6 on my list. Lower then a 4.5, and he is back up there with my top 3 where I had him before the combine.
  • buck
  • Veteran
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Michael Floyd
3. Kendall Wright
4. Reuben Randle
5. Stephen Hill
6. Tommy Streeter
7. *Mohamed Sanu
8. A.J. Jenkins
9. Brian Quick
10.Marvin Jones

I have taken Alshon Jeffery off my list of wide receivers. I do not think he has the required intangibles to be a high pick.
1. Floyd- He just reminds me so much of Fitzgerald. I wouldn't mind trading our 1st and 2nd to move above the Bears to select him.
2.Blackmon- I just think Floyd is a better overal prospect.
3.Wright- Way fster than his forty. his qb will not overhrow him.
4.Sanu- dont let this guy go the Pats. Very versatile.Once the ball is in hands he is a home run threat.
5.Hill- This has more to do with his measurables and his former WR GTECH receivers having similar measureables and success in the pros.
6.Adams- Victor Cruz didn't look to bad this year. Adams will be the slot receiver every qb loves and is amazing return man.
7.Randle- Could have been higher, but with horrible qb play and limited opportunities. I just dont quit yet know what to make of him,.
8.Marvin jones- smooth kid from Cal who could very easily be a solid # 2 for over a deacde.
9.Quick- Big time red zone target, who could develop into a #1.
10. Owusu- he could be a #2 much like Jones and has good speed, but I wouldn't even draft him with his medical history and the rules of todays game. But on talent alone he deserves to be here.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
My updated WR grades
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Kendall Wright
3. Mohamed Sanu
4. Stephen Hill
5. Michael Floyd
6. AJ Jenkins
7. Marvin Jones
8. Jarius Wright
9. Brian Quick
10. Joe Adams

And, to be frank, I have an undrafted grade on Dwight Jones. I think he is so far gone at this point, that he has almost zero chance of making a roster. Biggest disappointment this offseason, and it may not be close.

Just curious, MD... What prompted you to place Sanu above Floyd? I know you mentioned earlier you thought Sanu had a good combine (even if he didn't show impressive straight line speed). Just wondering what criteria you use to determine where to slot guys.

BTW, I really like AJ Jenkins and Jarius Wright as well and think the Niners would be wise to consider one or both of these guys a bit later in the draft.

I always enjoy your posts, MD.....keep them coming.

Cheers!

If Streeter is in anyone's top 10, I cannot take them seriously
post combine for me:
1. michael floyd
2. justin blackmon
3. kendall wright
4. stephen hill
5. Rueben Randle
6. alshon jeffery
7. marvin jones
8. mohamad sanu
9. jarius wright
10 brian quick
Blackmon
Floyd
Wright
Hill
Jeffrey
Sanu
Randle
Originally posted by vrabbit:
If Streeter is in anyone's top 10, I cannot take them seriously

I guess you can't take a lot of us seriously,lol

He probably will bust, he is a total high risk high reward prospect. He is definately not ready to play in the NFL and will be a development project. But I think he compares to Sidney Rice.
Honestly looking over everybodys top 10 list, the biggest surprise to me is no mention of WR Chris Givens, Wake Forest.

That guy is going to be a stud.
Share 49ersWebzone