LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 432 users in the forums

Robert Turbin

I've been a huge fan of his since his freshman year. He is a big back with a lot of quickness and burst through the hole. He is also team first do anything that is asked of him running back. What do you guys think of him as a camp competition and possible replacement for Dixon?

.be
[ Edited by Utah9er on Feb 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM ]
he is made for a greta nickname,, the turbin engine
i knew him

played in Irvington HS
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Utah9er:
I've been a huge fan of his since his freshman year. He is a big back with a lot of quickness and burst through the hole. He is also team first do anything that is asked of him running back. What do you guys think of him as a camp competition and possible replacement for Dixon?

.be

another utah WZ'er! Depending on FA and how the 1st couple of rounds shake out I would love to get Turbin. I'd call him a "1 cut, north and south" kind of runner, which is what we need.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]
Someone ought to caption a photo of him glaring with "You gonna get raped," He's got some ridiculously big arms, just a monster of a running-back, truly frightening potential.
MY football coach was his football coach back when he was the coach at Irvington HS.
I really want him in SF. good size, disciplined runner, ran a 4.44
Originally posted by hofer36:
he is made for a greta nickname,, the turbin engine

turbine*
he looks good...wouldnt mind spending a draft pick on him. what round is he projected to go in now that he ran a 4.44?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he looks good...wouldnt mind spending a draft pick on him. what round is he projected to go in now that he ran a 4.44?

his initial grade was a 3rd rounder, even with a torn acl in 2010, so you'd have to figure that after the combine he has completely solidified that grrade if not done wonders to his stock.

5th in the 40 @ 4.50
tied for 1st(with dough martin, another riser) in the bench press @ 28
tied for 6th in the high jump @ 36
3rd in the broad jump @ 122"
15th in the 3 cone drill @ 7.16
tied 14th in the 20 yard shuttle @ 4.31
did not run in the 60 yard shuttle

I'd expect the middle of the pack times on the cone drills and shuttles but the other numbers are top 5 RB.

IMO him and Doug Martin and Chris Polk will be competing to be the 4th RB off the board after Richardson, Miller and Wilson. Probably go somewhere in the middle 2nd to middle 3rd.

The wildcards of LaMichael James, Isiah Pead and Ronnie Hillman could make pushes but I think their size will push them down into the 3rd or 4th round range.

My RB "Big Board"
1st round
1. Trent Richardson
2. Lamar Miller
2nd round - 3rd round
3. David Wilson
4. Robert Turbin
5. Chris Polk
6. Dough Martin
3rd round - 5th round
7. Isiah Pead
8. LaMichael James
9. Ronnie Hillman
10. Bernard Pierce
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:03 AM ]
This kid looks the part. Great attitude. I like the way he's always looking at the whole field, and uses angles extremely well to limit pursuit. Maybe a steal. I'd take him with our 3rd or 4th round pick.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
We need that 3rd and 1 back desperately.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We need that 3rd and 1 back desperately.

this is him :D
Originally posted by sfout:
another utah WZ'er! Depending on FA and how the 1st couple of rounds shake out I would love to get Turbin. I'd call him a "1 cut, north and south" kind of runner, which is what we need.

Yea! I've been coming to the zone for a long time to keep up on the 9ers. I have only been reading the forums for a couple years and I don't write much, but I check in about twice a day.

I know its homerism, but I would be ecstatic if the domino's fell and we were able to get Wagner and Turbin as quality depth with potential as future starts. I really think Turbin would do great as a short yardage back, and when Gore is done split the carries with Hunter.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Utah9er:
Yea! I've been coming to the zone for a long time to keep up on the 9ers. I have only been reading the forums for a couple years and I don't write much, but I check in about twice a day.

I know its homerism, but I would be ecstatic if the domino's fell and we were able to get Wagner and Turbin as quality depth with potential as future starts. I really think Turbin would do great as a short yardage back, and when Gore is done split the carries with Hunter.

yep would be dope but so unlikely :/
Originally posted by sfout:
yep would be dope but so unlikely :/

I know its extremely far fetched but one can dream. I would be extremely happy with either of them (Turbin the more likely option of the two).
Share 49ersWebzone