There are 220 users in the forums

The Official Tyrann Mathieu Bandwagon Thread (2013 Draft)

I'm down to draft him in the mid rounds
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Is he a safety or a CB? I though he played Safety in college

corner
Originally posted by SF69ers:

corner

I think he would make a great box SS IMO. He plays a lot bigger than his size. He can make tackles in run support and be very effective in zone blitz's. The problem I would worry about is his durability at that position.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

corner

I think he would make a great box SS IMO. He plays a lot bigger than his size. He can make tackles in run support and be very effective in zone blitz's. The problem I would worry about is his durability at that position.

ehh, i don't know if he can make consistent tackles as a safety in the box against NFL running backs. Not to mention all the pulling guards waiting to maul him.

corner

ehh, i don't know if he can make consistent tackles as a safety in the box against NFL running backs. Not to mention all the pulling guards waiting to maul him.

I agree. IF he makes it will be at corner. He is far from a sure thing though.
He's a cb for sure depends on that 40 time, but with his troubles, I'd not touch him at 31, just to much crap for a first rounder. Besides Jim and Trent aren't known to draft guys with off the field troubles...
If we get 3rd round compensatory pick as expected, that'd be an ideal spot for a guy like The Honey Badger!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

corner

I agree. IF he makes it will be at corner. He is far from a sure thing though.

I am just given an example but yea I think Nickle corner would be the ideal spot for him but I would not rule out him at safety. Trenton Robinson is just 10 pounds heavier than him playing safety. Earl Thomas is just a little bit bigger than him playing safety. I think guys like Whitner are great against running teams but he would of been better served in the 90's. Only time will tell if Tyrann will amount to anything in the NFL.

i'm so hard

Originally posted by TlSSER:

i'm so hard

Reason he is a GREAT value to the 49ers is Special Teams play!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by TlSSER:

i'm so hard

Reason he is a GREAT value to the 49ers is Special Teams play!

This, he would be a demon there with his knack for causing fumbles and his return ability

Agreed. And he may be playing with a chip on his shoulder in the NFL so that may intensify his playmaking.
15 picks. I think it's safe to say Alex is gone. I think we have too many picks not to take a gamble on him. I think he has too much talent, in a position we are in need of. I'll take in the 3rd
Imagine him in the slot with Tarell Brown and Chris Culliver on the outside! Safety's Eric Reid and Donte Whitner.....

Dashon Goldson will walk IMO
Share 49ersWebzone