LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

MadDog's Pre-Combine Big 100 Board

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Damn. Which corners you think will be there at our 2nd round pick?

Trumaine Johnson, Casey Heyward, Jayron Hosley, Ryan Steed, Josh Robinson, and a number of other sub 6' guys. The Niners are in a tough spot if they cannot retain Rogers and unable to pick up a solid corner in free agency. They might be forced to use their first rounder

Trumaine Johnson is well over 6-0. I think he is close to 6-4. He should be the tallest corner in this draft.

Johnson is about 6-2.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Trumaine Johnson, Casey Heyward, Jayron Hosley, Ryan Steed, Josh Robinson, and a number of other sub 6' guys. The Niners are in a tough spot if they cannot retain Rogers and unable to pick up a solid corner in free agency. They might be forced to use their first rounder

Trumaine Johnson is well over 6-0. I think he is close to 6-4. He should be the tallest corner in this draft.

Johnson is about 6-2.

I dont think there has ever been a successful cornerback in the NFL that has been 6-4. Good thing for Johnson that he tops out at 6-2.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Johnson is about 6-2.

I dont think there has ever been a successful cornerback in the NFL that has been 6-4. Good thing for Johnson that he tops out at 6-2.

Aside from Brandon Browner (6-4 221) this year who made the Pro Bowl with 6 INTs (2 returned for TD).

Johnson is about 6-2.

Aside from Brandon Browner (6-4 221) this year who made the Pro Bowl with 6 INTs (2 returned for TD).

Johnson is about 6-2.

LOL I guess I meant having a great NFL career and not just one season.
LOL I guess I meant having a great NFL career and not just one season.

Guess it remains to be seen on that one! Kid never got a fair shot to show what he could do until this past season. He had Broncos coaches' eyes popping out of their heads in 2005 when he came on as an undrafted rookie. Broke his arm, went on IR, got cut to make room for other players after that and then went on to be an All-Star/All-Pro in Canada.

Hard to hate on the guy, but he does play for a rival. I wish him success, except against us.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
wow you don't think LaMichael James will go in the top 100?

gime that dude in the 3rd or 4th round then.

No thoughts on this anyone?

seriously, how is he not considered top 100?

at one point he was thought of as a future top 10. he's got talent, and is a definitely great value. frank ain't gonna last forever, and no sense getting hunter beat down after frank steps aside.
So on NFL Network they were talking about TEs and Fleener wasn't even in the top 3. I was really suprise at how short a lot of the "top TEs" are....6'2 and 6'3 just doesn't seem that tall for a TE anymore. I even think Davis is a little on the short side.

Johnson is about 6-2.

Not a fan. At all. Can't stand watching him in the run game.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Johnson is about 6-2.

I might to type close to 6-3, not close to 6-4.

We will find out how tall he is soon.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So on NFL Network they were talking about TEs and Fleener wasn't even in the top 3. I was really suprise at how short a lot of the "top TEs" are....6'2 and 6'3 just doesn't seem that tall for a TE anymore. I even think Davis is a little on the short side.

Every person is going to have their own opinion. I think, when all is said and done, that Fleener will be the first TE off the board. Vertical TE's are a prize commodity, and a team like the Giants would have to be very interested if he is on the board at number 32.

Orson Charles may be the most explosive TE in this class, but is shorter than desired. We all know Aaron Hernandez has been terrific for a shorter TE, but this is NE, who also works wonders with players like Wes Welker and Julian Edelman. I am not so sure Hernandez would have nearly the same impact for another team, and that may limit Charles from racing up the board.

Dwayne Allen is the most well-rounded TE in this class, but I don't see the same explosiveness as Fleener.

I will stick to my guns and say the draft order will be: Fleener, Allen, Charles.

at one point he was thought of as a future top 10. he's got talent, and is a definitely great value. frank ain't gonna last forever, and no sense getting hunter beat down after frank steps aside.

He has the wheels, but does he have the mind and body to be a top 100 draftee. The kid has a lot of strikes against him. He is a 5'8", 194 pound back, with smaller than average hands, comes from a sad background, and has an arrest on the record. I think he emerges a 4th or 5th rounder at best, depending on how many teams take him off their board.
He has the wheels, but does he have the mind and body to be a top 100 draftee. The kid has a lot of strikes against him. He is a 5'8", 194 pound back, with smaller than average hands, comes from a sad background, and has an arrest on the record. I think he emerges a 4th or 5th rounder at best, depending on how many teams take him off their board.

Whats your opinion on Alshon Jeffery now that we know he isnt 240+ lbs?

I think if he's convincing in his statement that he's matured from that, he'll go in the later half of the 3rd.
Hey MadDog what do you think of Cyrus Gray???

I think if he's convincing in his statement that he's matured from that, he'll go in the later half of the 3rd.

WOW, back half of the 3rd to the 5th?

that is what you call a steal. what an opportunuty to grab talent if he drops because of those reasons. at the end of the day, the kid can straight play, don't let other factors overshadow that imo. could be a GREAT steal for someone if he goes that low.
Share 49ersWebzone