LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

MadDog's Pre-Combine Big 100 Board

MD, whats the knock on Jordan White? He's been phenomenal the past two years, but he's projected as a mid-late round prospect. He doesn't have exceptional size and he'll probably run in the 4.4s, but he plays faster and separates better than most.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Horrible MD. I have Andrew Luck slotted at #30.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Surprised not to see Foles in the top #100, particularly with the fact that many QBs are overdrafted.
what do you think of Reuben Randle? Just A prototype wide receiver? I personally think he has a high ceiling.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
what do you think of Reuben Randle? Just A prototype wide receiver? I personally think he has a high ceiling.

i dont know much about him here is scouting report though (ive read few just posting most deatailed one

Hands: Randle is an above-average catcher of the football and will only get better with more reps. He is great at catching the deep ball and going up and snatching the ball out of the air. For the most part, he's a hands catcher and doesn't let the ball get inside on him often. Haven't seen many drops in two years worth of film.

Route Running: Randle's route running sums him up as a wide receiver. It's under development. He looked a lot better from 2010 to 2011 in this area which is a promising sign. Mostly was used in the vertical game but uses his head well to set up double moves and is becoming more savvy in this area. He has a solid understanding of defenses (probably from his days as a QB) and does a good job of finding holes in zone coverage.

After the Catch: Rueben Randle is another slow twitch athlete with a longer stride so he lacks the short area burst to be really great in this area. Of all the WR's that I lumped into the slow twitch category, he's the most effective at getting the ball up the field. He catches the ball and finds north pretty quickly given his frame. This is another area that we could see considerable growth in over the years.

Athleticism: Randle's size is imposing. He doesn't have great speed or the second gear to be a guy that can score with each touch but he's deceptive. Watching him on tape he doesn't look to be running real fast but guys aren't catching him from behind. A long strider that will have to work on his short area quickness in the NFL.

Bottom Line: Rueben Randle is a work in progress. He's still new to the WR position and has a lot of growing in many facets. His ceiling is very high and he could wind up being a very good receiver in the NFL if given the time and coaching. He probably needed another year of college football but he could go in the second round based on his shear talent.

i keep seeing that he is 2nd round talent this year but if he stayed in college for another year he would have top 15 maybe even top 10 talent
Originally posted by mayo49:
Good to have the big board back, Mad. It looks good but I think Randall and Sanu could be switched.

Could be. Depends on what each team wants. If they want a longer, leaner deep threat in a vertical offense, then Randle is probably the guy. If they run a WCO, they probably want Sanu. I will stick my guns and say that in the end, they will pick the guy who is more pro-ready and has a nasty streak to him.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
translation= when I'm wrong you can't use this against me because I really though the player was better/worse but I thought he'd be picked higher/lower. In reality I had him ranke higher/lower even though I never posted it...

Funny, but true in some cases. For instance, in my draft grading, you would see a flip between Zach Brown and Bobby Wagner, who I think is one of the best players in this draft. However, Brown is going to burn up the turf this week in his forty, and people will go nuts over him. The problem: he is simply not a great football player. He is a great athlete, ala Taylor Mays.

And, even though I am giant OSU homer, I think Mike Adams is going to get drafted WAY too early. I don't grade him as a first rounder, but that height and length is going to hook some sucker.
Originally posted by cciowa:
wow, its kind of refreshing to see a post by the dog and not getting blasted for it!! ! , good job dog, this helps people who know nothing about college football players, like me.
I will try to stay clear of the words....Kaepernick...Baalke.....Aldon Smith,,,,JJ Watt... in the future.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Amir:
Horrible MD. I have Andrew Luck slotted at #30.

Who?
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM ]
Ole Miss tackle, Bobby Massie (not Massey).

Other than that, solid as always.

Originally posted by dhp318:
Do you think Coples sees a big drop from that top 5 area, and out of the top 10? His senior season has been pretty bad, and despite a good Senior Bowl performance, it's hard to imagine that it mitigates his entire last season of poor play. I know he's good the size/measurables that teams want, but does his tape justify a a pick in the top 10?

He is so good, and has so much upside, that it is silly. I will go on a limb and say more upside than anyone in the draft, not named Luck or Griffin. He does take plays off, and he needs some maturity, but when he turns it on, virtually unstoppable. I personally do not like the lack of consistent motor, but he is going to rack up big numbers in the NFL for a team. He's just very, very good when he wants to be. As for tape this year...no. He looked bored. At the Senior Bowl, turned it up another gear: sacks, pressures, deflections. Just a nightmare.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
MD, what do you think of RG III? I mean, we know he's gonna go in the top 3 but how do you see him doing in the pros?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Our boards are very very different right now. I am waiting until after the combine to shuffle and post mine, but soon enough it'll be ready. Only have gotten through about 85 picks so far. Chipping away each opportunity I get.

Very interesting to see where you've got some of these guys. We'll see how close you turn out to be once the combine takes place this week. Good luck, my friend!

(One small spelling note - Weeden instead of Weedon)

what's your big board look like OTC?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

i dont know much about him here is scouting report though (ive read few just posting most deatailed one

Hands: Randle is an above-average catcher of the football and will only get better with more reps. He is great at catching the deep ball and going up and snatching the ball out of the air. For the most part, he's a hands catcher and doesn't let the ball get inside on him often. Haven't seen many drops in two years worth of film.

Route Running: Randle's route running sums him up as a wide receiver. It's under development. He looked a lot better from 2010 to 2011 in this area which is a promising sign. Mostly was used in the vertical game but uses his head well to set up double moves and is becoming more savvy in this area. He has a solid understanding of defenses (probably from his days as a QB) and does a good job of finding holes in zone coverage.

After the Catch: Rueben Randle is another slow twitch athlete with a longer stride so he lacks the short area burst to be really great in this area. Of all the WR's that I lumped into the slow twitch category, he's the most effective at getting the ball up the field. He catches the ball and finds north pretty quickly given his frame. This is another area that we could see considerable growth in over the years.

Athleticism: Randle's size is imposing. He doesn't have great speed or the second gear to be a guy that can score with each touch but he's deceptive. Watching him on tape he doesn't look to be running real fast but guys aren't catching him from behind. A long strider that will have to work on his short area quickness in the NFL.

Bottom Line: Rueben Randle is a work in progress. He's still new to the WR position and has a lot of growing in many facets. His ceiling is very high and he could wind up being a very good receiver in the NFL if given the time and coaching. He probably needed another year of college football but he could go in the second round based on his shear talent.

i keep seeing that he is 2nd round talent this year but if he stayed in college for another year he would have top 15 maybe even top 10 talent

Sounds like an aldon smith pick. Thanks bro!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Our boards are very very different right now. I am waiting until after the combine to shuffle and post mine, but soon enough it'll be ready. Only have gotten through about 85 picks so far. Chipping away each opportunity I get.

Very interesting to see where you've got some of these guys. We'll see how close you turn out to be once the combine takes place this week. Good luck, my friend!

(One small spelling note - Weeden instead of Weedon)
Thanks for the spelling note. Should be fun to compare notes soon.
Share 49ersWebzone