There are 190 users in the forums

Pick 30 and these players are on the board. Who do you take?

Pick 30 and these players are on the board. Who do you take?

Very easy: Cordy Glenn. He is simply the best prospect of that group right now, and would be an immediate upgrade at RG, especially considering this supposes we do not re-sign OG Snyder. Glenn is a monster. Glenn could be the next Larry Allen in this league.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
Give me Fleener I guess. My second choice would be Randle.
I was thinking about putting one of these up yesterday to see where everyone stands. You got a pretty good of names I would expect to be available for our pick. Although, if Brooks leaves OLB's like Andre Branch, Vinny Curry, Whitney Mercilus, or possibly Nick Perry would definitely come into play. A ton of things will change with FA. RG's might be off the board if we re-sign Snyder, if Rogers re-signs we shouldn't take a CB in the 1st.

Assuming Rogers, Brooks and Snyder re-sign I would go with Fleener because to me he seems like the most sure thing out of all those receivers. Especially if we trade down a bit. Would love to get Juron Criner at 60 or again if we trade down into the early/mid 2nd. I would eliminate Allen, Dennard, Randle and Jeffery for sure. I am really up in the air with Sanu as well. I'd probably take Criner over Fleener if we traded down into the early/mid 2nd. He's up near the top of my board.

P.S. Peter Konz would have been a good one to put up as well. Goodwin needs to replace this or after next year most likely.

So overall I just hope we get one of these guys throughout the draft: Criner, McNutt, Fleener, Konz or possibly Janoris Jenkins.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You all know what I'm going to say.

I choose Fleener because while he's got room to develop, he's the guy who is by far the closest to showing up at 49ers headquarters on the first day and stepping in and contributing the very next day. A combination of familiarity with the system, having previously been coached by Harbaugh, knowing the expectations, having the physical size that makes him an automatic mismatch, the agility as a former basketball player, the leaping ability, the experience of playing wide receiver, both in high-school and college, the fantastic route-running, better than any WR available at #30, the intelligence...usually guys coming out of Stanford aren't dumbasses or knuckleheads, to me looks like one of the guys who is closest to being a "sure thing" as you can find in an NFL draft and he has a lot less questions than some of the other players who will be available. A 6'6" redzone target like him? Alex would crap his pants.

I see Fleener being a lot more effective in alleviating the 49er's redzone troubles than any WR they could get at 30. A WR still has to beat a cornerback and unless its a guy like Fitzgerald or CJ, they have little effect on the rest of the defense. A guy like Fleener who is a virtual wrecking ball in the middlle forces the defense to change up completely, no, you can't double-team VD anymore, no you can't stop the guy with just a safety like you can do to Delanie, now defenses have to account for the high lob to a guy who is 6'6" and jumps high like a motherf**ker, he's going to cause massive headaches for defensive coordinators around the NFL.

That and receivers generally can take some time to develop, learn the system...etc......if this is a team that is really gunning for the Super Bowl next year...then you're going to want the guy most ready to contribute from the get-go and without argument that guy is Fleener. They'll be able to add WR help through free agency and later on in the draft where the value becomes a lot better and the level of talent is still pretty similar as this draft is LOADED in WR talent in the middle rounds.

Completely agree Phoenix! Fleener is the guy I want at 30 for sure.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Very easy: Cordy Glenn. He is simply the best prospect of that group right now, and would be an immediate upgrade at RG, especially considering this supposes we do not re-sign OG Snyder. Glenn is a monster. Glenn could be the next Larry Allen in this league.

thats the one I picked too.
I choose Other: Kendall Reyes
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I would also love Kendall Reyes, just like Fleener I have a feeling that the guy is going to be a sure-fire beast, I just don't see him being a starter, especially with McDonald and Smith already in place. If he somehow fell to the 2nd round(fell....this guy was expected to be like a 4th rounder a month ago), I would want to snatch him up in a heartbeat. Guy plays with a non-stop motor, has a great bull-rush, plays very aggressively, definitely a lot to like.

A rotation of Smith, McDonald and Reyes would be pretty damn intimidating overall.

Watch him end up in New England.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I wanted to "like" this and then remembered that's on the less important site so wanted to show my appreciation by quoting you in full. Like this idea and let's face it that RG position caused a lot of problems for our offence all year (Even though Snyder did a decent, if unspectacular, job).

Hearing good things about Reuben Randle (well mostly Mayock the other day and bits of gossip saying he may move up after the Combine), what do people here think about him ?

I would also love Kendall Reyes, just like Fleener I have a feeling that the guy is going to be a sure-fire beast, I just don't see him being a starter, especially with McDonald and Smith already in place. If he somehow fell to the 2nd round(fell....this guy was expected to be like a 4th rounder a month ago), I would want to snatch him up in a heartbeat. Guy plays with a non-stop motor, has a great bull-rush, plays very aggressively, definitely a lot to like.

A rotation of Smith, McDonald and Reyes would be pretty damn intimidating overall.

Yeah, really no reason to pick a 1st round 3-4 DE. I wouldn't mind getting one if someone was a steal at 60 but I expect at least 3 if not 4-5 more years out of Smith. We hardly rotate our guys so I'm not so sure it would be worth more than using a 2nd rounder if it was a steal.
(might check the thread that's one below this first though...oops )

I want to say Randle or Sanu, but if we sign Wayne, I'd be surprised if we go with another WR right off the bat. If we sign a starting WR, I'd like to see us trade back and go after a TE. Don't forget about Morgan. He'll probably be back for depth. It would allow us take take a shot on a developmental WR (or two) in the middle rounds.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I agree that he won't be a starter, but this is about talent for BPA, not need. I don't think Fleener nor Randle will make it to #30 (talent and strong combine showing will increase value), and no one else on that list inspires a 1st round grade. Reyes may have started off as mid-rounder, but that was b/c he played in the Big LEast, which is understandable. But this guy has something and if we build on a strength then we get even STRONGER.

Just imagine this rotation:

McDonald - Soap - Smith

Dobbs/Tukuafu - RJF - Reyes

Not to mention our 4-down sets, how in the hell would any team scheme against us? All fastpaced and strong, we'd give our LB core free range to do whatever they wanted

If Fleener or Randle did slip though, I won't lie, it would be a very difficult decision...
If we pick Coby Fleener we are going to the Super Bowl. Bottom line.... Can you imagine what VD could do if he wasn't getting double teamed on every play. He already had a 965 yard year with 13 TD's. If he wasn't receiving the double team just imagine.....

There are WR's you can get in the 2nd or 3rd round. Or FA. I just don't see a WR worthy at #30. A tall, rangy redzone target like Fleener with great hands would do wonders for this offense.
Originally posted by strickac:
I want to say Randle or Sanu, but if we sign Wayne, I'd be surprised if we go with another WR right off the bat. If we sign a starting WR, I'd like to see us trade back and go after a TE. Don't forget about Morgan. He'll probably be back for depth. It would allow us take take a shot on a developmental WR (or two) in the middle rounds.

I'm riding on the Randle bandwaggon right now, but if we signed Wayne we would probably go with Fleener. I really worry about Sanu and Jeffery's ability to seperate at this level. Plus the signing of Wayne would knock the urgency of taking a Wr down a round or two.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
If we go WR, Sanu is the perfect Harbaugh reciever.

i like sanu as a prospect a lot however he is extrmelly raw (only played WR for 2 years) he is naturally gifted however we cant expect him to come in year 1 and be a #1 WR

he will take maybe 2-3 years

the good news is he is extremelly talented and is a willing and hard worker

Outside of Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, and maybe Jeffery if he shows good speed and is properly motivated, every other Wr probably will take untill year 2 or 3 to develop.
Share 49ersWebzone