LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

who are some of your potential question marks?

Last year I wanted to see us take Chris Neild and Mark Herzlich in the 6th-7th rounds. We didn't and missed out IMO. Who you guys got for this year? Anyone want to tell me more about these players:
Janzen Jackson CB McNeese St.-I remember he was supposed to be good at Tennessee, got in trouble and jumped ship when Lane Kiffin left or something. But he was supposed to be a good prospect.
Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB UNC-Again he was supposed to be good but seemed to have a dissapointing year this year. I think it might've had something to do with the trouble that some of the UNC players got themselves into? But seemed talented.

Anyone else got some talented players but might be question marks and lower round material? These guys are who I could think of.
Bryce Brown - RB - Tenn/KSU. Projected 7th-UDFA. #1 player in HS in 2008. Signed with U of Tennesee. Was a backup to Montario Hardesty as a freshman. Rushed for 460 yards and 3 TDs. Transferred to Kansas St. Sat out 2010, and only played in 3 games for KSU in 2011 before leaving the team. He's a knucklehead and doesn't seem to have surrounded himself with good people. Could he be the next Arian Foster? He's talented enough to succeed if he gets everything straightened out with himself.

Lennon Creer - RB - Louisiana Tech. Projected 7th-UDFA. He's another former U of TN RB. Transferred after losing playing time to Hardesty and Tauren Pool. Ran for over 2000 yards and 19 TDs combined the last 2 years. Not the fastest guy, but runs well between the tackles and shows the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield (43 Rec. the last 2 years).

Micah Pellerin - CB - Hampton. Projected 5th round. From nationalfootballpost:
"Displays a great feel in coverage when matched-up one-on-one. He's slow in his drop, exhibits a good closing burst and despite getting a bit leggy at times he has the length to get his hands on a lot of footballs. Showcases natural fluidity when asked to turn and run and displays a good burst out of his transition. Can be physical off the line. However, does get a bit overextended when trying to create a pop on his punch. Is tough to separate from down the field. However, allows himself to get upright when running with receivers and struggles to maintain his balance, stay low and quickly get out of his breaks. Has a 'plus" closing step when driving on the throw, but takes a bit to collect himself in order to go make a play.

Impression: He's a tall, talented kid who has some rough spots to his game, but has the talent to fight for a starting job. "

Lavon Brazill - WR - Ohio. Projected 7th-UDFA. My favorite of the unknown WRs. He's a small, shifty guy with good hands. Has a good burst and great at tracking the ball. He's not a big guy (5'10/190), but will go up and get the ball and has good leaping ability and plays bigger than he is. Would make a great slot WR and be our version of Victor Cruz. Has some medical issues (knee and hand surgeries in 2010 ended his season).

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Bryce Brown - RB - Tenn/KSU. Projected 7th-UDFA. #1 player in HS in 2008. Signed with U of Tennesee. Was a backup to Montario Hardesty as a freshman. Rushed for 460 yards and 3 TDs. Transferred to Kansas St. Sat out 2010, and only played in 3 games for KSU in 2011 before leaving the team. He's a knucklehead and doesn't seem to have surrounded himself with good people. Could he be the next Arian Foster? He's talented enough to succeed if he gets everything straightened out with himself.

Lennon Creer - RB - Louisiana Tech. Projected 7th-UDFA. He's another former U of TN RB. Transferred after losing playing time to Hardesty and Tauren Pool. Ran for over 2000 yards and 19 TDs combined the last 2 years. Not the fastest guy, but runs well between the tackles and shows the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield (43 Rec. the last 2 years).

Micah Pellerin - CB - Hampton. Projected 5th round. From nationalfootballpost:
"Displays a great feel in coverage when matched-up one-on-one. He's slow in his drop, exhibits a good closing burst and despite getting a bit leggy at times he has the length to get his hands on a lot of footballs. Showcases natural fluidity when asked to turn and run and displays a good burst out of his transition. Can be physical off the line. However, does get a bit overextended when trying to create a pop on his punch. Is tough to separate from down the field. However, allows himself to get upright when running with receivers and struggles to maintain his balance, stay low and quickly get out of his breaks. Has a 'plus" closing step when driving on the throw, but takes a bit to collect himself in order to go make a play.

Impression: He's a tall, talented kid who has some rough spots to his game, but has the talent to fight for a starting job. "

Lavon Brazill - WR - Ohio. Projected 7th-UDFA. My favorite of the unknown WRs. He's a small, shifty guy with good hands. Has a good burst and great at tracking the ball. He's not a big guy (5'10/190), but will go up and get the ball and has good leaping ability and plays bigger than he is. Would make a great slot WR and be our version of Victor Cruz. Has some medical issues (knee and hand surgeries in 2010 ended his season).

s**t I remember Bryce Brown, he was supposed to be ridiculously good. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him. I guarantee that Alex and Frank and Vern could take him under their wing and get him to be a pro. Plus a coach like Harbaugh always helps. If we could make him play to his full potential, he should atleast be good. That whole TN team was supposed to be good but Lane Kiffin let them fall apart and then left.
Share 49ersWebzone