LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Geek's Mock Plan V4.0

nice!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Geek, I don't think Owusu will be drafted unless he runs in the 4.3s. I think we could get him as a priority UDFA who would like to play with Harbaugh.

Owusu never did enough to warrant 2nd round consideration, but had he not gotten hurt maybe could've been a strong middle round candidate.

You make good points, and I don't disagree with you. But I also have to look at Doug Baldwin last year. Who would have thought he would choose Seattle over Harbaugh?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i really like this offseason!

the only thing is that instead of joe adams in the 2nd id rather get streeter or quick someone else 6'4+

I have us drafting a TE in the 3rd that's 6-6 in height. A 2 TE set that are both large, physical, and creates speed mismatches against the defense is just as good as a tall WR. Look at the Patriots as an example.

I would love to get a tall WR, don't get me wrong. But if you have a quick WR that will stretch the field, it will create opportunities for Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Green, Gore, etc in the short and middle ranges of the field. It's just as good!

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I hate seeing Brock on the roster, he was a liability in the NFC Championship game when Brown went down, I hope we get someone over him.

I'm not a big Brock fan myself, but you can do worse as a #4 CB on a roster. Plus, he's cheap. We don't have a lot of money to go around.

Originally posted by martysofresh:
Geek, I don't think Owusu will be drafted unless he runs in the 4.3s. I think we could get him as a priority UDFA who would like to play with Harbaugh.

Owusu never did enough to warrant 2nd round consideration, but had he not gotten hurt maybe could've been a strong middle round candidate.

me either. Id rather get Jodan White in the 6th instead of Owusu. Everything will change after the combine cuz there's sosme big guys late in the draft who were 1st and 2nd rounders at one point (Greg Childs, Jeff Fuller). And at the rate that Dwight Jones is falling, he might be there too

Both of you make fair points. I think he's a 7th/UDFA as well, but after getting burned in the previous draft, if Harbaugh likes him, and the trainers deems him healthy, he could go higher IMO.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see us resigning a return man. You saw how that tanked our season last time right?....

Youtube Joe Adams, my 2nd round pick, and you'll delete this post.

Also, Hunter, Culliver, Morgan, Walker, and Minnifield also have return experience. And all...okay maybe not Walker...are capable to do the job better than Kyle Williams.
Geek says:
"I have us drafting a TE in the 3rd that's 6-6 in height. A 2 TE set that are both large, physical, and creates speed mismatches against the defense is just as good as a tall WR. Look at the Patriots as an example. I would love to get a tall WR, don't get me wrong. But if you have a quick WR that will stretch the field, it will create opportunities for Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Green, Gore, etc in the short and middle ranges of the field. It's just as good!"

I agree with you Geek, take the height at TE, look at Jimmy Graham's season, and get a nimble receiver that runs such clean routes that he gets consistent separation. Alex likes to throw to the open man, so separation is important. Like the Harry Douglas signing if the price is right. For the same reason, I like Jarius Wright, WR in the 4th, cause he consistently gets separation. Superior hands and route running, but falls because he is not the power forward WR that everybody wants.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i like it
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mebemused:
Geek says:
"I have us drafting a TE in the 3rd that's 6-6 in height. A 2 TE set that are both large, physical, and creates speed mismatches against the defense is just as good as a tall WR. Look at the Patriots as an example. I would love to get a tall WR, don't get me wrong. But if you have a quick WR that will stretch the field, it will create opportunities for Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Green, Gore, etc in the short and middle ranges of the field. It's just as good!"

I agree with you Geek, take the height at TE, look at Jimmy Graham's season, and get a nimble receiver that runs such clean routes that he gets consistent separation. Alex likes to throw to the open man, so separation is important. Like the Harry Douglas signing if the price is right. For the same reason, I like Jarius Wright, WR in the 4th, cause he consistently gets separation. Superior hands and route running, but falls because he is not the power forward WR that everybody wants.

Wright is a very underrated player in this draft. Great post.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i really like this offseason!

the only thing is that instead of joe adams in the 2nd id rather get streeter or quick someone else 6'4+

I have us drafting a TE in the 3rd that's 6-6 in height. A 2 TE set that are both large, physical, and creates speed mismatches against the defense is just as good as a tall WR. Look at the Patriots as an example.

I would love to get a tall WR, don't get me wrong. But if you have a quick WR that will stretch the field, it will create opportunities for Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Green, Gore, etc in the short and middle ranges of the field. It's just as good!

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I hate seeing Brock on the roster, he was a liability in the NFC Championship game when Brown went down, I hope we get someone over him.

I'm not a big Brock fan myself, but you can do worse as a #4 CB on a roster. Plus, he's cheap. We don't have a lot of money to go around.

Originally posted by martysofresh:

me either. Id rather get Jodan White in the 6th instead of Owusu. Everything will change after the combine cuz there's sosme big guys late in the draft who were 1st and 2nd rounders at one point (Greg Childs, Jeff Fuller). And at the rate that Dwight Jones is falling, he might be there too

Both of you make fair points. I think he's a 7th/UDFA as well, but after getting burned in the previous draft, if Harbaugh likes him, and the trainers deems him healthy, he could go higher IMO.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see us resigning a return man. You saw how that tanked our season last time right?....

Youtube Joe Adams, my 2nd round pick, and you'll delete this post.

Also, Hunter, Culliver, Morgan, Walker, and Minnifield also have return experience. And all...okay maybe not Walker...are capable to do the job better than Kyle Williams.

I'm ok with picking up another guy. But just resign Ginn. He is really solid, does not fumble and has elite speed. He's worth it to have back.
Share 49ersWebzone