LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

SteveYoung's Mock offseason version 3.0

Originally posted by RDB4216:
Fleener is 6'6, so taller than Bynum and faster too. He's a pretty solid blocker, as well. I could see Fleener being our #2 TE very quickly.

First off, of course he would be our #2 TE.

Secondly, what has Byham ever done to warrant so much praise around here?
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Well considering how Delanie Walker improved last year and how highly the coaches seem to appreciate him, I wouldn't say "of course" Fleener would be the #2 right away.

And that has nothing to do with Byham.
[ Edited by RDB4216 on Jan 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Fleener is 6'6, so taller than Bynum and faster too. He's a pretty solid blocker, as well. I could see Fleener being our #2 TE very quickly.

byhnam gained alot of respect his rookie year. He was a late round prospect drafted only for his blocking abilities but he proved he was a reliable receiver also. Hes a Jason Witten prototype and i like him alot, i was very sad to hear he got injured this year in training camp.

im not saying this bc i disaprove of the fleener pick bc i think fleener is a stud!

I think he will end up having 4 TEs on our roster next season. I think GB had 5 at one point
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
byhnam gained alot of respect his rookie year. He was a late round prospect drafted only for his blocking abilities but he proved he was a reliable receiver also. Hes a Jason Witten prototype and i like him alot, i was very sad to hear he got injured this year in training camp.

im not saying this bc i disaprove of the fleener pick bc i think fleener is a stud!

I think he will end up having 4 TEs on our roster next season. I think GB had 5 at one point

Jason Witten prototype? What!! How exactly did he prove he was a reliable reciever? Was it his whopping 5 catches?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. We are 2 fumbles away from the Super Bowl.

Noo, we are 12 maybe 8 3rd down conversions away from a superbowl. The biggest "offensive play" of the 4th quarter was the 40 sumthn yard punt return by Williams. And why was that? because the offense couldnt get anything done. Soo ACTAULLY
We were one block away from the superbowl because on that return, Williams had already beat the kicker but somebody missed a block and clipped williams enough for him to go down. If somebody made tht one block, he woulda returned it for a TD

And despite the 3rd downs if we don't fumble 2 times and spot them 10 points we are in the Super Bowl. We won despite that. No way they beat us without us gift wrapping them 10 points deep in our own territory.

Offense didnt even make it in field goal range. Offense showed ZERO productivity in the passing game. If we could have converted on offense, then the giants would have been trying to play catch up instead playing to win. But honestly, like I said on another thread, Williams should take over Ginn's spot on offense and let ginn focus more on the return game.We need to draft a guy that gonna be a number 1 reciever because thats what we truly lack. Willams is that guy tht can burn defenders and will only get better with more accuracy by Alex. Williams burned two defenders on a streak but the ball was overthrown. When we fail to score and move the ball, we only give the other team more chances to score. and thats what we did. Yes, Williams' fumble put the nail in the coffin but we dug the ditch as a team
Offense didnt even make it in field goal range. Offense showed ZERO productivity in the passing game. If we could have converted on offense, then the giants would have been trying to play catch up instead playing to win. But honestly, like I said on another thread, Williams should take over Ginn's spot on offense and let ginn focus more on the return game.We need to draft a guy that gonna be a number 1 reciever because thats what we truly lack. Willams is that guy tht can burn defenders and will only get better with more accuracy by Alex. Williams burned two defenders on a streak but the ball was overthrown. When we fail to score and move the ball, we only give the other team more chances to score. and thats what we did. Yes, Williams' fumble put the nail in the coffin but we dug the ditch as a team

can't really blame any1 for that the wind was 20 mph that way theyres a reason no one xcored a td or infact moved the ball going that way
very well done
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
can't really blame any1 for that the wind was 20 mph that way theyres a reason no one xcored a td or infact moved the ball going that way

tell that to Eli Manning and Mario Manningham. or Victor Cruz's stats. We shoulda kept running the ball tho. We were killing them with the runs
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

tell that to Eli Manning and Mario Manningham. or Victor Cruz's stats. We shoulda kept running the ball tho. We were killing them with the runs

that was on the other side of the field...
Share 49ersWebzone