RESIGN ALEX 3 YRS 27 MILLION-2012 CAP #8M
RESIGN ROGERS 3YRS 27M-2012 CAP #8M
FRANCHISE GOLDSON 7M
RESIGN SNYDER 2YRS 5M-2012 CAP 2.5M
RESIGN LARRY GRANT 3YRS 5M-2012 CAP 1M
RESIGN JOSH MORGAN 1 YR 1M
OFFER TED GINN 3 YRS, 9M- NO MORE
OFFER AHMAD BROOKS 3YRS 12M

sign carl nicks 5yrs, 40 million- 2012 cap 8M-Solidify our OL for the next 5 years while we have our core intact and chase multiple championships
sign eddie royal 4yrs 12 million-2012 cap 2M-replaces Ginn and actually adds something as a reciever Ginn never really did

DRAFT

1. Michael Brockers 6'6'' 310 DL LSU- He has more upside then any other late first defensive lineman in the draft, redshirt sophmore to groom
2. Vinny Curry 6'4'' 255 OLB Marshall- He and Aldon will wreak havoc
3. Stephen Hill 6'5'' 208 WR Geogia Tech-might not start day 1, but eventual #1 potential and deep/red zone threat
4. Jamell Fleming 5'10'' 190 CB Oklahoma-After passing on corners, best available in 4th for depth
5. Eddie Whitley 6'0 200 FS Va Tech- In case we cant lock up goldson longterm/depth
6. Greg Childs 6'3'' 215 WR Arkansas-could be a steal, has all the measurables
7. Nicolas Jean-Babtist 6'4 345 NT Baylor- True Nose tackle prospect

I doubt we sign Nicks and we will probably resign most of our own free agents. I like the scenario of letting Brooks and Ginn get overpaid elsewhere and giving that money to Nicks to solidify our line longterm. Royal( could come in and win a spot in the WR rotation, and at 26 I doubt he wants to play with Tebow going forward. I then went with a BPA in the draft with longterm needs more so then 2012. We have the cap space to make this all happen. I added the numbers just to make sure this scenario was feasable. That would be 37.5 million on the free agents, and would leave 10-13 million for the draft and filling out our roster with 500k guys. Obviously just guessing on contract terms, try not to bash me too hard on that.

Ok guys let me have it!

QB Smith/Kap/Tolzien
RB Gore/Hunter/Boobie
FB Miller
WR1Crabtree/Morgan
WR2 Hill/Childs
SWR Royal/Williams
TE Davis/Walker/Byham/Reuland
LT Staley/Boone
LG Iupati/Snyder
C Goodwin/Snyder
RG Nicks/Snyder
RT Davis/Boone

DL Smith, Sopoaga, Mcdonald, RJF, Brockers
ILB Willis Bowman, Grant
OLB Smith, Haralson, Curry
CB Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Fleming
SS Whitner, Spillman, Whitley
FS Goldson, Jones, Whitley
Nice, but just add Blake Costanzo as re-signing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I actually would love to have Royal if Ginn doesn't come back. Love the two receivers you drafted, exactly the type we need. Vinny Curry is another pick I'd like to see us make, especially if Brooks doesn't come back. I really think we need to push hard for Brooks though, I think hes very key to our top 10 defense this year. The only thing I pretty much disagree with is your 1st round pick, I'd much rather go in a different direction, we could always get Derek Wolfe later in the draft, a poor mans Justin Smith.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
sign carl nicks 5yrs, 40 million- 2012 cap 8M-Solidify our OL for the next 5 years while we have our core intact and chase multiple championships
sign eddie royal 4yrs 12 million-2012 cap 2M-replaces Ginn and actually adds something as a reciever Ginn never really did

Have you learned nothing from the 2011 offseason?

Baalke and Niners will not sign overpriced free agents.

Also, Nicks will get 60M+.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by davidboutte:

Have you learned nothing from the 2011 offseason?

Baalke and Niners will not sign overpriced free agents.

Also, Nicks will get 60M+.

^^^^^^^^
He wins

----

Royal has really fallen off as a WR. Not sure why but he is hardly with a 4 year deal. Nicks will definitely not take a $40 million deal. $50 mil or nothing.

That being said your draft is awesome. Zero issues across the board, I'm not sure if I'd actually want Brockers but I'm thankful he came out because it really deepens the top end of the draft. Gives a chance to take a solid DL or WR in the first.
Good work except I think the Niners need at least one new starter at WR. Neither Morgan nor Crabtree is a #1 IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I actually would love to have Royal if Ginn doesn't come back. Love the two receivers you drafted, exactly the type we need. Vinny Curry is another pick I'd like to see us make, especially if Brooks doesn't come back. I really think we need to push hard for Brooks though, I think hes very key to our top 10 defense this year. The only thing I pretty much disagree with is your 1st round pick, I'd much rather go in a different direction, we could always get Derek Wolfe later in the draft, a poor mans Justin Smith.

I'd like to have Brooks back and I'm sure we will. This was under the pretense that he wanted more money and we let him walk. The only way I see us spending money on another free agent(Nicks) is if we lose one/some of our own. I believe Carl Nicks would emphatically improve not only our run, but our passing game as well. As far as Brockers goes, I'm not a big fan of Jered Crick or Billy Winn. In 3 years Brockers could be a Pro Bowl player, which I dont see in the others. Thanks for the feedback. Go Niners
Solid moves i like Brockers over Crick as well.
  • cools
  • Veteran
wheres Costanzo, Spillman and Gooden?
three stars of our fantastic special teams unit, these free agents should be resigned
Originally posted by cools:
wheres Costanzo, Spillman and Gooden?
three stars of our fantastic special teams unit, these free agents should be resigned

Each will be happy with less then 1m. They will be back

Vinny Curri is getting a lot of atenton lately hard 2 be available @ 64, but anyway interesting off season
Great if we could swing it but I doubt it.

No way a cb is gonna make more than Alex, gonna be at least a 4 year deal for at least 10mil/year.

I also think we let either Brooks or Grant go and I'd guess it would be Grant, maybe trade him for a wr or draft pick. Philly would love to have him as they need a ilb bad.

I would love your draft as well but again think some of those guys may be gone by the time we pick but you can always dream.

If we keep Snyder we don't go after Nicks, so pick one or the other. We have Boone, and I think Kilgore and Pearson showed well this preseason and will be on the active roster pushing for time next year as well.

I'd love to see us get a #1 wr in FA but don't think its Royal. If we go that route, which I think we do, we don't keep Ginn and or Morgan. We use that money to go after the #1 and then draft like you did.

good stuff overall though and would be happy with it
Share 49ersWebzone