There are 275 users in the forums

Countdown to the 2012 NFL DRAFT (April 26-28): 0 days!!! It's Draft Day!!!!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by YungAce:
I hope we don't draft Stephen Hill. All WZ favorites haven't lived up to our hype: Adam Carriker, Quentin Groves, Michael Crabtree, Everette Brown, etc..

I know, starting to get paranoid about Fleener when you bring s**t like that up.

Although, Patrick Willis was pretty damn popular as well, a lot of folks wanted him.

Yungace... I think the webzone members have done pretty well narrowing down the choices and getting them right

04.... Wilfork vs maybe shawn andrews??? (I liked Wilfork, most did)
05.... Alex vs Rogers... a few wanted Braylon (I was on the Smith Bandwagon, won't get into that)
06... Vernon Davis... some wanted AJ Hawk (I was on the Vernon bandwagon)
07... Patrick Willis was the favorite IMO, Carriker right behind (I was on the Willis bandwagon)
08... Desean Jackson vs Groves (this one I was wrong on, liked Groves) Edit: I also liked Curtis Lofton in the 2nd so I wasn't all wrong.
09... Crabtree, Oher, Orakpo and Raji....(didn't really have a preference, liked them all)
10... Iupati, Davis, Spiller, bulaga, Earl thomas (I was one of the 1sts on this one) Some wanted Haden and McClain but the thought was they would be gone
11... Amukamura, Peterson, some wanted Quinn (I wanted peterson but figured he would be gone, liked Dareus and green as well)(I said before the draft I would understand and be happy with Aldon but thought he would have been a project w/ a lot of potential and I wanted an instant contributor... although, better than most people who hated it and were calling for heads lol)

2012: I would say the majority are Hill, Wright (as the out of reach hopeful) and Fleener... Sanu and Randle bandwagons have slipped. Hill is definitely a risk, I like Wright or Fleener as fairly safe bets that should be instant contributors.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM ]
Now that we got Moss, BPA for sure especially at CB and DE/DT!
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by YungAce:
I hope we don't draft Stephen Hill. All WZ favorites haven't lived up to our hype: Adam Carriker, Quentin Groves, Michael Crabtree, Everette Brown, etc..

I know, starting to get paranoid about Fleener when you bring s**t like that up.

Although, Patrick Willis was pretty damn popular as well, a lot of folks wanted him.

Yungace... I think the webzone members have done pretty well narrowing down the choices and getting them right

04.... Wilfork vs maybe shawn andrews??? (I liked Wilfork, most did)
05.... Alex vs Rogers... a few wanted Braylon (I was on the Smith Bandwagon, won't get into that)
06... Vernon Davis... some wanted AJ Hawk (I was on the Vernon bandwagon)
07... Patrick Willis was the favorite IMO, Carriker right behind (I was on the Willis bandwagon)
08... Desean Jackson vs Groves (this one I was wrong on, liked Groves)
09... Crabtree, Oher, Orakpo and Raji....(didn't really have a preference, liked them all)
10... Iupati, Davis, Spiller, bulaga, Earl thomas (I was one of the 1sts on this one) Some wanted Haden and McClain but the thought was they would be gone
11... Amukamura, Peterson, some wanted Quinn (I wanted peterson but figured he would be gone, liked Dareus and green as well)(I said before the draft I would understand and be happy with Aldon but thought he would have been a project w/ a lot of potential and I wanted an instant contributor... although, better than most people who hated it and were calling for heads lol)

2012: I would say the majority are Hill, Wright (as the out of reach hopeful) and Fleener... Sanu and Randle bandwagons have slipped. Hill is definitely a risk, I like Wright or Fleener as fairly safe bets that should be instant contributors.

Right now, Fleener looks like a lock because of the DT value at the end of the first. With this WR class, Fleener would still be a better choice. Davis, Fleener and Moss and Crabs...wow! We can land a WR in the third or fourth because Moss will play for at least two to three more years. Go get Morgan and blamo! We have Moss, Morgan and Crabs in slot or bring in Fleener instead of Morgan and wow or instead of Crabs and double wow!

Weapons and tall ones at that!!!
I hope we get kevin boss in FA
Iff Wright is gone my ideal choice would be Fleener, best CB available in 2nd, 3rd round WR, then OG/C, ILB depth (if grant gets signed away), maybe 3rd RB?, DL depth, S depth

Edit: that being said even if he is there at our pick it doesn't seem likely. I know we use 2 te sets a lot but they like Delanie Walker. Sure he is a jack of all trades but we isn't the receiving threat most would like. I hope they put aside the love for Walker and take him though. He knows the playbook and would come in and instantly get us TDs and 1st downs.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
44 days

woooooooooooooooo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
43 days
43 days

woooooooooooooooo
for some reason, I think the niners will select a D-line player with their first rounder....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
42 days
The 49ers appear to be addressing skill positions in free agency. This could mean they make a strong push to bolster the trenches on draft day with DL and OL picks. I am not that sad to see Snyder go. Certainly could care less about Chilo. I see us drafted at least two OL, regardless of whether or not we sign another OL in free agency.
42 days

woooooooooooooooo
It's getting closer.... slowly but surely. At least free agency is keeping us going until the draft. That March 13th start compared to March 1st helped.

It's going to be slow after the draft... spend May talking about our rookies, draft picks and new roster... after that June and July will be pretty slow.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
41 days
Share 49ersWebzone