LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

OTC's First Mock of 2012

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Excellent work, as always. As I have spoken with you about before, Peter Konz is a top level talent, and if he is there, it is a no brainer. This guy has All-Pro potential written all over him. I grade him as a top ten player in this draft right now.

lol i thought u were banned?

anyway i dont know he may be all pro but if we resigned snyder id rather just pick up a CB or WR

Snyder is a versatile back-up swing player. He's not All-Pro caliber and doesn't figure to ever become anything close to that. He's essentially just a Tony Wragge type of player. If you ask anyone to point out the weakest link on our OL, they will most likely point to RG or C, a position that Konz would fill for years to come.

It just depends on A) is he available? and B) is he the BPA if he is at our spot.
very good mock, I love Konz. Worth is a strong look. Well done as always,
Excellent work, as always. As I have spoken with you about before, Peter Konz is a top level talent, and if he is there, it is a no brainer. This guy has All-Pro potential written all over him. I grade him as a top ten player in this draft right now.

Welcome back, MD
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Welcome back, MD

Thanks.

To some of the previous posts, the Niners, if they are going to take a consistent leap forward, are going to have to upgrade the interior of the OL. Although it may seem ghastly to spend another high draftee, center and right guard are two spots that really need addressing, at the worst by 2013. The team has been very lucky to see so few injuries on the OL, and a guy like Snyder is better as an emergency player than a starter. We all saw what happened when he went down for a short time.

The Niners have some huge free agent choices to make. I am not sure the focus will be on the interior line in free agency when you have some of the key defensive personnel to re-sign (Goldson, Rogers, Brooks).

Welcome back, MD

This.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This.

Thanks, Good to be back.
Thanks.

To some of the previous posts, the Niners, if they are going to take a consistent leap forward, are going to have to upgrade the interior of the OL. Although it may seem ghastly to spend another high draftee, center and right guard are two spots that really need addressing, at the worst by 2013. The team has been very lucky to see so few injuries on the OL, and a guy like Snyder is better as an emergency player than a starter. We all saw what happened when he went down for a short time.

The Niners have some huge free agent choices to make. I am not sure the focus will be on the interior line in free agency when you have some of the key defensive personnel to re-sign (Goldson, Rogers, Brooks).
We played better?
Originally posted by communist:
Thanks.

We played better?

Rachal. ...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by communist:
Thanks.

We played better?

Rachal. ...

The one spot that's a wild card for me is RT. What's the deal with Davis? Is he doing to mature into an elite player that his physical skill set suggests, or is he going to remain inconsistent at T? The other consideration is moving him to guard at some point if he's not working out at T. It has worked in the past. I like Konz, but really worry for our ability to draft top lineman, because that's not something we've succeeded with in previous years.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This.

Thanks, Good to be back.

I missed you, Mad.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM ]

Welcome back, MD

Thanks.

what about kilgore? they traded up for him last year, so that must feel he can play...he looked good in preseason...he is a guard who has been projected to center as well..all he seems to lack is experience--i could see him competing for starting spot in 2012
  • dj43
Welcome back, MD

Thanks.

Glad to see you back. Keep your nose clean. I enjoy your insight. Nothing here worth getting so excited about as to be forced out.

I agree the interior line is an important piece of the puzzle. Over the last half of the season I have watched the Saints play several times and focused on the work of Nicks and Evans, their All Pro guards. IMO, a big part of Brees' success is that they keep the front of the pocket so clean that even this short little QB has a clear line of sigh to his receivers. Further, with them playing at such a high level, Brian de la Puente, a 49er reject, has come in to play center and not embarrassed himself at all. My point is that the 49ers MUST fix the problem at RG with someone of higher quality than Adam Snyder. I like him as a sub but that is all. Kilgore may be a nice replacement sub if Snyder leaves but it would be a major surprise if someone drafted so far down the list would turn out to be a quality starter. If Konz is there, grab him.
Nice work. I actually love the idea of bolstering the interior line with the first pick. That would seem the best way to make instant improvements to our offense.
After watching this game, I think we are this close to being a downright powerhouse offense in the NFL -- this is what we need:

1) Another top-notch interior OLman.

Fortify the interior more. We saw what happened when Goodwin went down for a quarter, Snyder slid over to C, and he and Rachal at RG commenced to getting manhandled in the middle.

2) One physically dominant receiver to make plays and draw coverage (This could mean speed-wise, size-wize, or both).

Vernon and Crabtree are great. Getting Morgan and Walker back will help. But Ginn isn't a reliable receiver and is a FA. Williams has battled injuries in his career so far and is still unproven. Shows potential, but we still need insurance. After that, we've got nobody. Swain is purely an ST guy. I would fully support adding two receiving weapons in the draft.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
After watching this game, I think we are this close to being a downright powerhouse offense in the NFL -- this is what we need:

1) Another top-notch interior OLman.

Fortify the interior more. We saw what happened when Goodwin went down for a quarter, Snyder slid over to C, and he and Rachal at RG commenced to getting manhandled in the middle.

2) One physically dominant receiver to make plays and draw coverage (This could mean speed-wise, size-wize, or both).

Vernon and Crabtree are great. Getting Morgan and Walker back will help. But Ginn isn't a reliable receiver and is a FA. Williams has battled injuries in his career so far and is still unproven. Shows potential, but we still need insurance. After that, we've got nobody. Swain is purely an ST guy. I would fully support adding two receiving weapons in the draft.

Agree. Great post OTC. We really need another receiver on the other side of Crabtree, whether it be size or speed like you said.
Share 49ersWebzone