I'll be shocked if he runs below a 4.7
Originally posted by Hopper:

probably closer to this
Originally posted by valrod33:

probably closer to this

I look forward to Eisen's 40 dash every year.
In terms of pre draft talk he's startign to remind of that 6'7reciever from Indiana a couple of years ago. Where folks are so intrigued with a guys height that you forget about the fact that he can't get open. We already have wr's that have trouble getting separation. We have a qb that doens't throw to guys in tight windows that don't get separation. doesn't sound like the smartest move in the world.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

probably closer to this

its the only reason i watch NFL network
Originally posted by SF69ers:

probably closer to this

Me too. And he actually keeps getting faster every year.
The difference is that AJ played against the best defensive players in the country and with a pretty terrible QB situation and still dominated. To say he can't get open isn't supported by facts. And Aj isn't some 6'7" freak, he's a much more normal sie at 6'4". What has everyone so amazed is his ability to make tough catches, his hands and hand strength, and his jump ball ability.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
The difference is that AJ played against the best defensive players in the country and with a pretty terrible QB situation and still dominated. To say he can't get open isn't supported by facts. And Aj isn't some 6'7" freak, he's a much more normal sie at 6'4". What has everyone so amazed is his ability to make tough catches, his hands and hand strength, and his jump ball ability.

no one is disagreeing that

he will come in and immeidetly make an impact in the redzone however if he doesnt have the speed to get open if he faces a fundementally or bigger corner he may not be able to get open

he runs lazy routes and has bad speed

iif he improves both e becomes an elite WR its a gamble
I've seen him get open plenty of times versus sec corners...this whole "he's slow and can't separate" talk is overblown imo. If Alshon Jeffery is not a top WR in the NFL it will have nothing to do with athletic ability and everything to do with desire.
I just think that having a threat like him in the redzone would vastly improve our offense. If he can convert some TDs and demand coverage that frees others up and that turns. 8 - 10 fgs into tds that's worth a late first round pick.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
If Jeffery is 4.6 to 4.8 speed, then I guess that makes Dennard a 4.9-5 speed.
Originally posted by lamontb:
In terms of pre draft talk he's startign to remind of that 6'7reciever from Indiana a couple of years ago. Where folks are so intrigued with a guys height that you forget about the fact that he can't get open. We already have wr's that have trouble getting separation. We have a qb that doens't throw to guys in tight windows that don't get separation. doesn't sound like the smartest move in the world.

Yeah, I thought Hardy was gong to be good. Haven't heard from him since.
What I would concede on is that Jeffery is a risk.. due to the founded/unfounded accusations that he doesn't keep himself in good shape. Yes, that's a concern, if true... and it seems to be true. So granted, I'll agree on the risk factor.. as if there isn't an inherent risk in every prospect? But sure... a lil more regarding AJ.

This guy tracks the ball well... shields the ball off with his body well... shows a good vertical and hands to pluck... breaks tackles...

Will he be worth our late first? ..maybe, maybe not... can he separate? I am not sure if he needs to all that much. If the DB wants to take the ball away from him, he'll likely have to illegally interfere with him to do so.

I would just ask that people not get swept up into standing too far on either side of the line. It's almost comical how the hate or love can build to extremes with prospects and players.
fat ass

Dominated? He went game after game with like 20 yards receiving this season. Huh?
I just think that having a threat like him in the redzone would vastly improve our offense. If he can convert some TDs and demand coverage that frees others up and that turns. 8 - 10 fgs into tds that's worth a late first round pick.

Braylon Edwards demanded coverage too....for all the good that did them. 49ers don't need guys to "demand coverage", they need guys that create separation and get wide open in a hurry. Jeffery is not that guy.
Share 49ersWebzone