There are 216 users in the forums

Kendall Wright bandwagon

• sfout
  • Veteran
40 times are lame as hell. Every type of grass or turf, as well as actual running tracks have a different effect on speeds. Part of the reason Indy is such a great place to hold the combine is that the turf they run on isn't "fast".

If Wright turns around and runs a 4.40 flat on grass then its legit but otherwise I never put any stock into 40s unless it is widely known that the surface runs the same as grass.
I remember when Manningham ran a 4.6 something and everyone laughed at his draft prospects (including me!). Wright is a playmaker and (IMO) still a 1st round talent.
Originally posted by sfout:
40 times are lame as hell. Every type of grass or turf, as well as actual running tracks have a different effect on speeds. Part of the reason Indy is such a great place to hold the combine is that the turf they run on isn't "fast".

If Wright turns around and runs a 4.40 flat on grass then its legit but otherwise I never put any stock into 40s unless it is widely known that the surface runs the same as grass.

They might be lame but they are the only way to judge prospects against each other at a neutral location. To me, knowing what the kid runs in Indy is better then knowing what he runs at Baylor....we wont play in Baylor.

Is the drill overrated, a bit yes...but if he ran a 4.2 it would be a great point to focus on. Have to take the good with the bad!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
They might be lame but they are the only way to judge prospects against each other at a neutral location. To me, knowing what the kid runs in Indy is better then knowing what he runs at Baylor....we wont play in Baylor.

Is the drill overrated, a bit yes...but if he ran a 4.2 it would be a great point to focus on. Have to take the good with the bad!!!

they are many factorrs to 40

he couldve had bad technique started late etc.

the only thing that matters is whats hows on tape and on tape he has elite speed just because he came to indy and didnt show it doesnt mean that he lost the elite speed
I'm on the bandwagon. BTW His 40 time was originally 4.45 before they adjusted it to 4.61 which is a joke. How can he lose 15 hundreths of a second on the adjustment unless he moved an arm early or something? That's not an accurate portrayal of his speed IMO.
Someone will be there at #30.

If Cleveland trades with St. Louis, Wright could be the guy.

Wright in the first, McNutt in the 4th.

Crabtree-Morgan-Wright-McNutt-Ginn-Williams would make me pretty happy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This except I want Marvin Jones instead of McNutt.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This except I want Marvin Jones instead of McNutt.

I'm reading that Marvin Jones will be a 2nd-early 3rd pick
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I read on ESPN or NFL.com(cant remember which) but one of the talking heads said that after the drills only Blackmon and Floyd are guaranteed 1st rounders now. I dont know how much I buy this but if Wright actually knocked his stock down that far to get people chatting about him falling to 30-40 range so we can snag him, oh man.

I know this process is so fickle and the media is just plan dumb but the second he runs a 4.45 at his pro day it'll go back to him being a top 20-25 pick, hopefully it works out that we snag Wright.
I read on ESPN or NFL.com(cant remember which) but one of the talking heads said that after the drills only Blackmon and Floyd are guaranteed 1st rounders now. I dont know how much I buy this but if Wright actually knocked his stock down that far to get people chatting about him falling to 30-40 range so we can snag him, oh man.

I know this process is so fickle and the media is just plan dumb but the second he runs a 4.45 at his pro day it'll go back to him being a top 20-25 pick, hopefully it works out that we snag Wright
Wright will still go in the 1st round, he wont get past us thats for sure

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
5'10" doe. We already have a plethora of those

I know this process is so fickle and the media is just plan dumb but the second he runs a 4.45 at his pro day it'll go back to him being a top 20-25 pick, hopefully it works out that we snag Wright.
Looks like it was Peter King who said that
The receiver order: Looks like Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame will be the only wideouts in round one, unless Hill sneaks in there. Reuben Randle of LSU and Rutgers' Mohamed Sanu (the Bucs and new coach Greg Schiano want him) could go 4-5 unless Baylor's Kendall Wright overcomes a lousy combine.Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/27/combine/index.html#ixzz1ngziWmQR
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
The receiver order: Looks like Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame will be the only wideouts in round one, unless Hill sneaks in there. Reuben Randle of LSU and Rutgers' Mohamed Sanu (the Bucs and new coach Greg Schiano want him) could go 4-5 unless Baylor's Kendall Wright overcomes a lousy combine.Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/27/combine/index.html#ixzz1ngziWmQR

gratze, I dont put any stock into it but I'm holding out hope that we get Wright and if not we get Hill.

gratze, I dont put any stock into it but I'm holding out hope that we get Wright and if not we get Hill.
Yeah, according to king Wright is the 6th best WR
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Yeah, according to king Wright is the 6th best WR

lolz behind who? Blackmon, Floyd, Randle, Sanu and Jeffery?!!?! I'd believe 4th best behind Jeffery but there is no way he is better then Randle(lack of production) or Sanu(no separation or speed in general). Is he giving Randle and Sanu points for potential?
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone