LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 164 users in the forums

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

Who's on suicide watch?
lol at this thread...didn't even get drafted in the 1st and some people wanted us to trade up for him.
He goes to the Colts with the 2nd pick in the draft tomorrow.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
lol at this thread...didn't even get drafted in the 1st and some people wanted us to trade up for him.

Not me, not like he's a freak of nature like VD. I mean sure he's got size and some talent, and based on what teams need.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
LMFAO

at this thread

so happy we didnt draft him
Originally posted by kronik:
Who's on suicide watch?

Phoenix49ers
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
we should draft this guy I like him a lot!

I don't
he's another greg olson like that dude said ^^

Id rather draft a defensive player for the future, we could use another D lineman in our rotation and even though he came off his best season, Justin smith is getting up there in age. I also wouldn't mind drafting a cornerback

A guard or a WR would also be nice

We have 2 good young tes, one who is top 3 in the league, no need to draft one yet, especially in the 1st round
Wow. Because one dude says Greg olsen now it's spreading like wildfire...

1. Bears fans were pissed that they let Olsen go... Martz doesn't use the TE's right and Olsen has potential.
2. You are using the Olsen thing like it's a knock on Fleener... we have no idea how good Fleener could be. Greg Olsens best season was 60 rec. for 612 yards and 8 TD's. D. walkers is 29 rec. for 331 yards and ZERO TD's
...and Walker has been in the league one more year.
3. so if you are trying to say adding Fleener is like adding Olsen as a 2nd TE, than our TE's last year would have got us around 110-120 rec. for roughly 1300-1400 yards and most importantly 14+ TD's. I believe these numbers would actually be higher because the 2 good TE's on the field would compliment each other and confuse the Defense which would lead to more yards and more TD's.
4. The numbers are just an estimation but I would want something like this on our team.
5. Go ahead and start comparing him to Anthony Fasono and lets see if that one sticks as well...

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

I don't

Id rather draft a defensive player for the future, we could use another D lineman in our rotation and even though he came off his best season, Justin smith is getting up there in age. I also wouldn't mind drafting a cornerback

We have 2 good young tes, one who is top 3 in the league, no need to draft one yet, especially in the 1st round

1. Bears fans were pissed that they let Olsen go... Martz doesn't use the TE's right and Olsen has potential.
2. You are using the Olsen thing like it's a knock on Fleener... we have no idea how good Fleener could be. Greg Olsens best season was 60 rec. for 612 yards and 8 TD's. D. walkers is 29 rec. for 331 yards and ZERO TD's
3. so if you are trying to say adding Fleener is like adding Olsen as a 2nd TE, than our TE's last year would have got us around 110-120 rec. for roughly 1300-1400 yards and most importantly 14+ TD's. I believe these numbers would actually be higher because the 2 good TE's on the field would compliment each other and confuse the Defense which would lead to more yards and more TD's.
4. The numbers are just an estimation but I would want something like this on our team.
5. Go ahead and start comparing him to Anthony Fasono and lets see if that one sticks as well...

Guys, we are not going to get Coby Fleener. It would be awesome, but there's no way. He's going in first 5 picks tomorrow.
None of us know Fleener like Harbaugh does. He must not have been sold on his Stanford boy at all

Originally posted by j3xperience:

This. And Stephen Hill to the Rams.

BOOK IT
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
thank you based god. greg olsen 2.0 will NOT be a niner.
  • bors
  • Veteran
was but over it ...welcome home rosco jenkins
Originally posted by j3xperience:

Interesting...Jonathan Martin still there too.

I don't

Ha, what does that even mean? I'm still all for Fleener. Think we should still go get him. It appears everyone was off on AJ Jenkins being the pick. And the webzone loved guys like Hill, Randle, Janoris Jenkins, Konz, and Cordy Glenn and all those guys are still available just like Fleener.
Share 49ersWebzone