LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Anyone who thinks they're certain that we'll either draft or not draft Coby Fleener or any other player for that matter needs to get real. We are all amateurs here and none of us hAs any clue as to what's going to actually happen come draft day. so for those just saying "We will definitely not draft this player", how about you give your opinion on the guys game instead of making yourself look like a self righteous assholé with a value-less post.

On that note I am all for drafting Fleener if he's the BPA on the board when we pick. He is a very polished kid and could certainly being some more fire power to our offense while also providing us with favorable matchups in the run game. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see any move come draft day. I think we may be in for another trent baalke trade up if a WR he likes drops the to 15-25ish range.

lol tell us what you really think but this time dont hold anything back. All BS aside I agree with you.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Anyone who thinks they're certain that we'll either draft or not draft Coby Fleener or any other player for that matter needs to get real. We are all amateurs here and none of us hAs any clue as to what's going to actually happen come draft day. so for those just saying "We will definitely not draft this player", how about you give your opinion on the guys game instead of making yourself look like a self righteous assholé with a value-less post.

On that note I am all for drafting Fleener if he's the BPA on the board when we pick. He is a very polished kid and could certainly being some more fire power to our offense while also providing us with favorable matchups in the run game. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see any move come draft day. I think we may be in for another trent baalke trade up if a WR he likes drops the to 15-25ish range.

You are right... more likely than not, they will draft another Aldon Smith this year... a guy no one was talking about the Niners taking before the draft and left everyone scratching their heads afterwards. :)

That being said, I like the idea of drafting Fleener.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Fleener's only real shot of being a 1st rounder would be to us with the 30th pick and maybe the Giants unless they like Dwayne Allen even more, if he passes both teams then i see him as a early to mid 2nd rounder

I noticed that. I began looking at a lot of mock drafts after I made that post and didn't come across any with Fleener going in the first. For where we will be drafting, I don't think it's that bad of a reach. Especially if we are able to get a FA receiver (that is NOT in the Vincent Jackson/Dwayne Bowe, etc price range).
On a note that is somewhat related, why was Delanie Walker moved to TE? Was it solely because of his size?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I noticed that. I began looking at a lot of mock drafts after I made that post and didn't come across any with Fleener going in the first. For where we will be drafting, I don't think it's that bad of a reach. Especially if we are able to get a FA receiver (that is NOT in the Vincent Jackson/Dwayne Bowe, etc price range).

I think you'll see him move up after the combines, a lot of people doing these mock drafts are amateurs, and even the professional guys can go full retard(see Kiper's last mock draft as a reference). If Gronkowski tears it up this Sunday, you'll see tight-end move up on the wish-list for quite a few teams.
Fleener's only real shot of being a 1st rounder would be to us with the 30th pick and maybe the Giants unless they like Dwayne Allen even more, if he passes both teams then i see him as a early to mid 2nd rounder

I am willing to bet after post combine Fleener goes earlier than anyone expected.
I'm on the Fleener bandwagon for now. But another TE that has caught my eye is Michael Egnew from Missouri. He's 6'5", has good hands, can get some YAC, and is a good enough athlete to line up outside as a WR. He's currently projected to go somewhere in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm on the Fleener bandwagon for now. But another TE that has caught my eye is Michael Egnew from Missouri. He's 6'5", has good hands, can get some YAC, and is a good enough athlete to line up outside as a WR. He's currently projected to go somewhere in the 3rd round.

I liked what I saw from this video. The dude can't block all that well yet, but I love his speed and hands.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I liked what I saw from this video. The dude can't block all that well yet, but I love his speed and hands.

His blocking is underdeveloped, but that is not surprising considering the type of offense Missouri runs. He can be coached up in that regard. In the meantime, he has the receiving skills to be productive right away, especially in the red-zone.
With where we are at in the first round I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick Fleener at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go earlier. I would really love to get Fleener on the team with Davis and Delanie. Add a burner WR like Jackson or Wallace to force safeties back and then you have something going.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
No thanks, no need to waste a high pick on a position we don't need.

Been typing my fingers to the bone trying to drive that point home!
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I am willing to bet after post combine Fleener goes earlier than anyone expected.
Yep, I think he is going to shoot up the boards. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it's just draft hype. Jimmy Graham was an impact in his rookie year and is a stud in his second. The Pats spent 2 picks on TE's and people were scratching their heads. Now it looks smart. Someone will copycat even if they don't know what to do with the guy.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
No thanks, no need to waste a high pick on a position we don't need.

Been typing my fingers to the bone trying to drive that point home!

agree and disagree

if we resign brooks rogers goldson alex and snyder (our core FA)

and if sanu jeffery floyd or wright are not on the board then fleener is the best weapon avaliable so i would not mind getting him at that spot
Makes no sense to draft this guy in the first when A, we have the position filled and 2, we have other pressing needs
Originally posted by valrod33:
Makes no sense to draft this guy in the first when A, we have the position filled and 2, we have other pressing needs

A. It helps out when you have a TE that is 6'3 and can run a 4.5 (some say) 40 and has Gonzales type hands
2. When Walker was injured last season look how badly it effected our offense. Baring VD has yet to be injured anything can happen to effect this team drastically if he or Walker goes down. No TE could probably better understand what better this offense can do is Fleener. JH loves his TE's and he is BPA if he is there by the time we draft so we take him.

Either way I dont think he will be on our team next year because after post combine I think he could go anywhere from 18-28 during the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone