AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Bottom 5
Mark Ingram
Gabe Carimi
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
Derek Sherrod

I would rather have any of those top 5 for 15 million then any of those bottom 5 for 6 million....Money matters, so does talent....

Dareus-non existent
Peterson-non existent
we get to draft players with the potential of kentwan balmer
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Top 5
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Bottom 5
Mark Ingram
Gabe Carimi
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
Derek Sherrod

I would rather have any of those top 5 for 15 million then any of those bottom 5 for 6 million....Money matters, so does talent....

Dareus-non existent
Peterson-non existent

i would rather be a playoff team than a loser team drafting a player hoping he would get them over the hump.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Top 5
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Bottom 5
Mark Ingram
Gabe Carimi
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
Derek Sherrod

Dareus-non existent
Peterson-non existent

To be fair, I know a couple Bills fans who are thrilled with Dareus' play. He doesn't put up the stats but apparently they're all happy with what he's showing right now.
Originally posted by YungAce:
we get to draft players with the potential of kentwan balmer

or Desean Jackson
your point was valid prior to 2011, but now its ignorant

With the rookie system in place I dont think its as strong. I completely understand what they're saying, paying newton 20 mil compared to Heywards 5 mil or whatever is 15 mil you could spend elsewhere. Whether you draft in the top ten or bottom ten the point is you have to score on that pick or you're wasting money either way on a bust
Originally posted by toeknee:

With the rookie system in place I dont think its as strong. I completely understand what they're saying, paying newton 20 mil compared to Heywards 5 mil or whatever is 15 mil you could spend elsewhere. Whether you draft in the top ten or bottom ten the point is you have to score on that pick or you're wasting money either way on a bust
agree

How is it ignorant? I highly doubt any GM wants to draft top 10 every year, they wont last in the league/team they are on.

It is easier to fail on a top 10 pick. It is also easier to be scrutinized when picking top 10 and missing.
Originally posted by Ether:
Top 5
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Bottom 5
Mark Ingram
Gabe Carimi
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
Derek Sherrod

Dareus-non existent
Peterson-non existent

To be fair, I know a couple Bills fans who are thrilled with Dareus' play. He doesn't put up the stats but apparently they're all happy with what he's showing right now.

unless you see the team its hard to tell D line stats

for example people who look at soaps stats would think he sucks but he has played great for us
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Top 5
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Bottom 5
Mark Ingram
Gabe Carimi
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
Derek Sherrod

Dareus-non existent
Peterson-non existent

for example people who look at soaps stats would think he sucks but he has played great for us

Sopoaga does suck. That has nothing to do with stats. It's a fact.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Sopoaga does suck. That has nothing to do with stats. It's a fact.

Far from a fact.
dareus had a sack today, peterson ran back a punt 82 yards for a TD....Both started from day 1, you are an idiot
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Top 5
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Bottom 5
Mark Ingram
Gabe Carimi
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
Derek Sherrod

Dareus-non existent
Peterson-non existent

dareus had a sack today, peterson ran a punt back 82 yards for a TD, both started from day 1, you are an idiot
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Totally agree... one of the reasons the Pats stay good is they can sit back and grab good solid players at the end of round 1 while paying a lot less money. Especially before this rookie cap... It takes a lot of the gamble out (if you want) and you can sit back and let others reach and draft for potential while you let the good solid football players fall into your hands. Also, teams usually trade up into the late 1st to get some of the players who have fallen. Leaves you in a good spot for a trade and to be able to pick up an extra 2nd rounder (maybe even 1st) next year by falling from 25 or so to maybe 35-50ish.

The Pats have actually drafted kind of poorly in recent years. It is one of the reasons why the defense is so bad. If It wasn't for Brady they would be 1-6. They have actually been bringing in a lot of FA's the last 3-4 years and the local radio here in MA loves to talk about it. They say it is the biggest reason why they have been disappointing in the playoffs recently.
Looks like we will get a 50% break this year...

7. Aldon Smith DE San Francisco Signed Four years, $14.3M

28. Mark Ingram RB New Orleans Signed Four years, $7.41M
29. Gabe Carimi OT Chicago Signed Four years, $7.06M
30. Muhammad Wilkerson DT N.Y. Jets Signed Four years, undisclosed money
31. Cam Heyward DT Pittsburgh Signed Four years, $6.7M
32. Derek Sherrod OT Green Bay Signed Four years, $6.6M

This is where resigning guys gets easier in the long run!!
Looks like we will get a 50% break this year...

7. Aldon Smith DE San Francisco Signed Four years, $14.3M

28. Mark Ingram RB New Orleans Signed Four years, $7.41M
29. Gabe Carimi OT Chicago Signed Four years, $7.06M
30. Muhammad Wilkerson DT N.Y. Jets Signed Four years, undisclosed money
31. Cam Heyward DT Pittsburgh Signed Four years, $6.7M
32. Derek Sherrod OT Green Bay Signed Four years, $6.6M

This is where resigning guys gets easier in the long run!!

I'll take Aldon for 14, please.
Share 49ersWebzone