LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Robert Griffin III Baylor QB

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
It seems that way at least. Is there some cliche knock on him? College Style Offense? Amateur mechanics?

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it a spread. He spends a lot of time in the shotgun for sure, but it's more of a pro style shotgun playbook, kinda like Oklahoma. He also has experience under center and pulls off the playaction very well. To me, the guy would be great for a WCO type of playbook mainly because he makes quick decisions, has a quick release, and extremely accurate.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I'd take RG3 over CK any day. CK could pan out but I'm not convinced that we are truly banking on him as our "franchise QB in the making". Baalke was a perfect tactician with dealing with our QB situation, trade up to show dedication to a pick, that we really want him that bad and conveniently that pick wanted to play for the 9ers and hes a project with a 2-3 year window for development. But yet he also nearly pulled the trigger on drafting Tolzien and still ended up signing him when the chargers cut him. You know we'd be stupid to not continue to explore our options over the next few years. If we had bombed it and had the opportunity to draft Luck you know we would an we'd say so long to kaep(sure there is the flip side that we could trade down for a massive amount of picks and players to build around Kaep). If we have an opportunity to draft another mid to late round developmental QB like RG3, Russell Wilson, Dan Persa, Jacory Harris, or Dominique Davis I bet Harbaugh takes it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Unless we decide to trade Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis for a top 5 pick we wont be drafting RG3
In mocks I've seen him go in the second round.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeknee:

2012 NFL Mock DraftBy: Robert Davis | Updated: 10/5

1. Kansas City - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford You can't pin all the Chiefs problems on Matt Cassel, but you do not pass on a player like Andrew Luck when there are questions about the long term stability at QB on your team.

2. St. Louis - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St. This may be a few spots high for Blackmon, but he makes the most sense for the Rams. They have to get a go to playmaker at the receiver position for Bradford, and Blackmon is as explosive as they come.

3. Indianapolis - Matt Barkley, QB, USC Barkley does not possess tremendous triangle numbers, but he's not really lacking either. He may be the closest thing to Peyton Manning at the college level, in terms of his focus and leadership. Sitting behind Peyton for a year or two would be a tremendous learning experience.

4. Miami - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor Griffin is enjoying a Cam Newton type of rise. His all around playmaking skills and leadership cannot be ignored, and for a team looking for some excitement and an upgrade at the QB position, there isn't a better selection at this pick.

5. Minnesota - Matt Kalil, OT, USC Kalil would give the team a fixture at left tackle, a spot that opened up when Bryant McKinnie decided to eat himself out of Minnesota. He is a franchise caliber left tackle, and the Vikes would love to have him on the board at this spot

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/nflmockdraft.html
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by toeknee:

2012 NFL Mock DraftBy: Robert Davis | Updated: 10/5

1. Kansas City - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford You can't pin all the Chiefs problems on Matt Cassel, but you do not pass on a player like Andrew Luck when there are questions about the long term stability at QB on your team.

2. St. Louis - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St. This may be a few spots high for Blackmon, but he makes the most sense for the Rams. They have to get a go to playmaker at the receiver position for Bradford, and Blackmon is as explosive as they come.

3. Indianapolis - Matt Barkley, QB, USC Barkley does not possess tremendous triangle numbers, but he's not really lacking either. He may be the closest thing to Peyton Manning at the college level, in terms of his focus and leadership. Sitting behind Peyton for a year or two would be a tremendous learning experience.

4. Miami - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor Griffin is enjoying a Cam Newton type of rise. His all around playmaking skills and leadership cannot be ignored, and for a team looking for some excitement and an upgrade at the QB position, there isn't a better selection at this pick.

5. Minnesota - Matt Kalil, OT, USC Kalil would give the team a fixture at left tackle, a spot that opened up when Bryant McKinnie decided to eat himself out of Minnesota. He is a franchise caliber left tackle, and the Vikes would love to have him on the board at this spot

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/nflmockdraft.html
lol eat himself out of minnesota.
"Someone brought it to my attention, and quite frankly it's unbelievable."

LOL!
wow, i've been sleeping on USC since the infractions. Barkely is really that high up in the rankings?!
Like I've been saying from the beginning, Griffin is the next best QB behind Luck, and it's not by all that much.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Like I've been saying from the beginning, Griffin is the next best QB behind Luck, and it's not by all that much.
Going to be very interesting to see his true height at the combine. He is listed at 6'2, but is he comes in at less than that (let's say 6' or even 6'1), his stock his have a ceiling to it. What a great year for the kid.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Going to be very interesting to see his true height at the combine. He is listed at 6'2, but is he comes in at less than that (let's say 6' or even 6'1), his stock his have a ceiling to it. What a great year for the kid.

Being 6' didn't hurt Michael Vick from going #1 overall.

Agreed.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

It will be interesting, that's true. But no matter what his height or where he's drafted, over these four years, there hasn't been anything to make me think he's any worse than the 2nd best prospect behind Andrew Luck. I think one inch of height affecting his draft position would be silly.. but.. we've seen it happen before.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM ]
WR
its either trade for luck or nothing, rg3 will not be a 9er or any other qb behind luck. its either harbaugh believes smith can be the present and future or he believes kap is ready to be the starter and be much better than smith
Share 49ersWebzone