There are 256 users in the forums

The Arizona game cost the niners an A+ draft

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't get your panties all in a bunch. The draft is over, no use going back and keep whining about it. If it was meant to be, it would have happened.
Originally posted by susweel:
Should have tanked the season.

Only losers tank the season and I want winners, I want fighters, I want football players!!!!!!

We are the San Francisco 49ers! Not whinners!

Besides, didn't you hear? Patrick said he hoped to be a niner! So after 4 years, he will sign with us anyway when we are at the top of the division.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Fact is this
f**k the Cardinals i never want to lost to them

Valrod33 = TRUTH?

FIXED

Also we still don't know how this draft will turn out. The more I read about A. Smith, the more I like this pick. With a more aggressive defense that won't have our corners playing 10 yards off the LOS, having a great pass rusher may turn out to be more valuable than Peterson.

I wanted Peterson too but who knows how this will play out. The one thing I am certain of:

I hate the Cardinals and want to destroy them every time we play them. Could care less about how that effects the draft.

[ Edited by dwett on May 3, 2011 at 16:57:37 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by susweel:
Should have tanked the season.

Only losers tank the season and I want winners, I want fighters, I want football players!!!!!!

We are the San Francisco 49ers! Not whinners!

Besides, didn't you hear? Patrick said he hoped to be a niner! So after 4 years, he will sign with us anyway when we are at the top of the division.

I thought he wanted to be a Cowboy...............baby
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Start all young players. Let Nate "the Webzobne Great" Davis start

How to tank a last game with pride. Start your lower end roster players. The theory is you are testing if they have what it take. To beat the cardinals they should have started.

QB- David Carr
RB- Dixon
FB -Norris
TE Bynam
WR= Zeigler, Kyle Williams,
LT- Boone
LG Wragge
Center Bass
RG Chilo Rachal
RT Adam snyder

Defense- rest Justim smith, Willis, Clements, Sopoaga Spencer to prevent injury.

They would have seen the lack of 9er depth and we would have lost.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Not one player is a sure thing. Heck Peterson could be a major bust. If we wanted him bad enough we would have traded up for him.
It is pretty corny to Complain that we didn't lose a game
Originally posted by mayo49:
Don't get your panties all in a bunch. The draft is over, no use going back and keep whining about it. If it was meant to be, it would have happened.

Exactly how I see it, despise threads like this...
i hate this mentality....
this is f**king loser talk. remember the "bush bowl" against the texans? i heard a lot of people b***hing about that too. "OMFG WHY DID WE BEAT THEM! WE COULDVE HAD REGGIE BUSH, A SURE THING!"

well guess what? he wasn't a sure thing. neither is patrick peterson or aldon smith or whoever else. i can't comprehend a situation where i would want the niners to lose. absolutely pathetic

Originally posted by rxrunner:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
If we lose all our games, forever, we'll always have the #1 pick! Yes!

ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the point of getting Luck just to teach him to tank games? Ryan Leaf is the guy we wanted so we could be real losers.

If we are lucky enough the reach the ultimate NFL goal of landing the number 1 pick next year we should trade it for a bunch of seventh rounders so that we are better at tanking these games, that way we can get the #1 pick again and again!
Originally posted by Psinex:

Fact is this
f**k the Cardinals i never want to lost to them

Valrod33 = BuzzB28?

shhhhhh dont tell anybody

Haha.. why me?
Originally posted by frenchmov:
this is f**king loser talk. remember the "bush bowl" against the texans? i heard a lot of people b***hing about that too. "OMFG WHY DID WE BEAT THEM! WE COULDVE HAD REGGIE BUSH, A SURE THING!"

well guess what? he wasn't a sure thing. neither is patrick peterson or aldon smith or whoever else. i can't comprehend a situation where i would want the niners to lose. absolutely pathetic

I forgot all about the Bush Bowl. Valid point.

Also, you think a coach like Harbaugh would want to come to a team that just threw its last game? If we tried to run some sort of "Oh, we were just trying to protect our guys/prevent injury" line on him, I'm fair certain his B.S. meter would have absolutely exploded.

Quality free agents don't sign with teams that tank games.

Current players aren't interested in playing for a team that tanks games.

Joe Montana wouldn't tank games

Jerry Rice wouldn't tank games.

Ronnie Lott would rather cut off the rest of his fingers than tank games

Steve Young, John Taylor, Jesse Sapolu, Harris Barton, Steve Wallace, Brent Jones, Fred Dean, Eric Wright, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, Ricky Waters, Michael Carter, Bryant Young. You see any guys that'd be interested in throwing a game for draft position?

"Hey, BY, I know how much you care about winning, but we're gonna need you to let this one go so we can move up a couple of spots in the draft. You see, there's this cornerback from LSU..."

Tanking games is for losers. And not the kind of loser that is indicated by a win-loss record.
Originally posted by 9erred:

This is probably tongue in cheek, at the time the niners were OUT of playoff contention, Andrew Luck potentially could have been entering the draft, and the niners needed upgraded at qb, CB and OLB. You do the math, tanking one game after the season is OVER is not the same thing as losing a whole season.

Your attitude is thoroughly unprofessional, and that is why no team of professional football players would ever do it.

Furthermore, throwing a game is not as easy as you think. These players are trained to play their best; then suddenly, you want them to play to lose? It doesn't work that way.

If the 49ers had intentionally lost the Arizona game, then they would not be the team so many of us love and honor, and they would not deserve the loyal fan base they have had for decades!
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by 9erred:

This is probably tongue in cheek, at the time the niners were OUT of playoff contention, Andrew Luck potentially could have been entering the draft, and the niners needed upgraded at qb, CB and OLB. You do the math, tanking one game after the season is OVER is not the same thing as losing a whole season.

Your attitude is thoroughly unprofessional, and that is why no team of professional football players would ever do it.

Furthermore, throwing a game is not as easy as you think. These players are trained to play their best; then suddenly, you want them to play to lose? It doesn't work that way.

If the 49ers had intentionally lost the Arizona game, then they would not be the team so many of us love and honor, and they would not deserve the loyal fan base they have had for decades!

The best I ever heard someone put it.

Unprofessional
Share 49ersWebzone