LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

5 Qb's to be picked in top 20? Ridiculous!?

Two Articles have came out nearly guaranteeing this will occur!? Is this crazyyyy. All these players being drafted not only spots before they deserve to be, ROUNDS before they deserve to be.

Do you guys believe 5 will go in the TOP 20? Who will go where in your opinions if you say yes?

ARTICLE: PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM

NFL general manager guarantees Locker, Dalton go top 20
Posted by Evan Silva on April 28, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT

Getty ImagesNationally recognized mock drafter Rick Gosselin has Washington quarterback Jake Locker going eighth overall to the Titans, and TCU quarterback Andy Dalton twelfth overall to the Vikings in his final prediction for the 2011 NFL draft.

So, by now, this news probably shouldn’t surprise anyone:

“I guarantee Andy Dalton and Jake Locker will go in the top 20,” one unnamed NFL general manager says in Peter King of SI.com’s Draft Primer.

Based on what he’s heard around the league, King predicts four first-round quarterbacks including Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Locker, and Dalton. King expects Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder and Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett to both be gone by pick No. 49 in the second round, where Jacksonville lurks.

The consensus among national pundits and draft analysts is that the 2011 draft will set a record with eight quarterbacks selected in the first three rounds. Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick is expected to be picked “by the end of day two,” according to King.

Iowa quarterback Ricky Stanzi is also expected to be a second-day pick, although King says “some” teams believe they can get Stanzi in the fourth.
Meh, honestly I'd like to see Smith back. He's a better prospect than most of the QBs in this class and Harbaugh likes him.

I expect a QB later in the draft.
Originally posted by strickac:
Meh, honestly I'd like to see Smith back. He's a better prospect than most of the QBs in this class and Harbaugh likes him.

Thank You. Gabbert has the same intangabiles Alex Smith had coming out of Utah!

GABBERT IS 22 Alex Smith is 26! HMMMMM?

Smith is still a prospect haha. Based off the coaching he recieved
That's what happens when teams are in desperate need at 1 position the sad thing is that this QB draft class is pretty much Vanilla plain as can be.......

Supply & demand in full efect

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

if smith grows out his hair theyll be the same guy. harbaugh already has a young qb to work on but i hope he gets a guy like stanzi in the 3rd or even 2nd rnd if he thinks he has to take him there
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Gabbert is bigger and has a better arm too. Personally I'd compare Gabbert to Flacco much more than Alex. That's not a ringing endorsement for him but I do think he'll have a much better career than Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone