There are 321 users in the forums

Terelle Pryor considering entering supplamental draft

Originally posted by xcfan:
newton will fail spectacularly. a #1 overall pick is expected to carry a team to super bowl contention. newton is a dumb guy (for a qb), and judging from his academic career, he isn't very studious, and will never have the command of the position that will win playoff games. he will make mistakes and miss opportunities because he can't master the position.
both him and pryor are NOT naturally elite passers, and elite passers win in the post-season. these guys are just good-looking athletes, and people get beer-goggles for this kind of thing. it's wrong; just pay attention to how they project to take over games
with their arms and field generalship. that is what really counts--and not if you can hang with taylor mays, shirtless.

Favre was a dumb guy too. Farve thought a Cover 2 was the same thing as double coverage coming out of college. Way to early to judge.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by xcfan:
newton will fail spectacularly. a #1 overall pick is expected to carry a team to super bowl contention. newton is a dumb guy (for a qb), and judging from his academic career, he isn't very studious, and will never have the command of the position that will win playoff games. he will make mistakes and miss opportunities because he can't master the position.
both him and pryor are NOT naturally elite passers, and elite passers win in the post-season. these guys are just good-looking athletes, and people get beer-goggles for this kind of thing. it's wrong; just pay attention to how they project to take over games
with their arms and field generalship. that is what really counts--and not if you can hang with taylor mays, shirtless.

Favre was a dumb guy too. Farve thought a Cover 2 was the same thing as double coverage coming out of college. Way to early to judge.

Cover 2 was alot more scarce when Favre came into the league.

I don't think Cam is dumb or anything but the offense he ran in college compared to pro offense is staggering. That's why I was against him when he came out. I think he's got the tools, but he's got a large learning curve and top 10 picks just never get the time to develop anymore. You really have to be ready early.
The way QB's were drafted this year, I think he will warrant a 3rd round pick if not a 2nd. I believe Harbaugh could do wonders with him and I would be just fine if we gave up a third for him. He would have to stick on the roster though bc I believe other teams would snatch him from the practice squad quickly. That would leave Alex, CK, and Pryor as our three QB's for the year. Dont think they are willing to take that chance though.
B to the Y to the E
[ Edited by Otter on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by shangbabai01:
B to the Y to the E

Well-played, sir.

Terrelle Pryor might not be eligible for supplemental draft - PFT
NOBODY CARES ABOUT TERELLE PRYOR
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Well that's just not true.

14 pages say otherwise.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

then don't post here?
we might as well find a way to get this guy, since our current qb roster is superbad.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
we might as well find a way to get this guy, since our current qb roster is superbad.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would have any impact at all.
ClaytonESPN: There may not be a supplemental draft this year because QB Terrelle Pryor isn't eligible and they may not be any players to select
ClaytonESPN: The league should announce if there will be a supplemental draft in the next couple of days. There is hope for T. Pryor.
Share 49ersWebzone