LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

$10,000,000 Mock Draft

• Chief
  • Veteran
I saw somewhere that the NFL Network is offering ten million bucks to whoever gets all 32 picks right.

Anyone hear this? If so, what are the odds?

lol
Are You Smarter Than The Experts?
Correctly predict the first 32 picks of the 2011 NFL Draft and you’ll win $10,000,000!
BEST ROUND EVER IN PRIMETIME
Enter at facebook.com/BudLight
Here We Go
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Impossible!!!

You would have to be an insider to know who's trading with who on top of your research of what picks fit where. Not every team in the draft stays put on where they are.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Impossible!!!

You would have to be an insider to know who's trading with who on top of your research of what picks fit where. Not every team in the draft stays put on where they are.

It is a publicity stunt... Gets Budweiser a tons of interest and wont have to every worry about paying it out.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Impossible!!!

It is a publicity stunt... Gets Budweiser a tons of interest and wont have to every worry about paying it out.

I think somebody has won the draft sweeps before, getting all 32 right. If enough people enter, it could happen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Impossible!!!

I think somebody has won the draft sweeps before, getting all 32 right. If enough people enter, it could happen.

If you only get 1 million if you get all the NCAA basketball tournament right, then if they are giving out 10 million then they must know its almost impossible to do it.
Impossible!!!

Dumb luck happens all the time.
Just the first 32? Is that all you have to do? Alrighty then
Impossible!!!

Reminds me of a commercial in the 80s where Pepsi had this thing going where you collect points and get different things with them they showed and the points they took, and at the end of the commercial as a joke this kid lands an AV-8 Harriet jet at school and they displayed it was for 7,000,000 points. Sure enough, some kid thought they were serious and collected the points and took Pepsi to court lol.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Apr 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
So i assume its guess the order the players go right? Not which team they go to?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Impossible!!!

Reminds me of a commercial in the 80s where Pepsi had this thing going where you collect points and get different things with them they showed and the points they took, and at the end of the commercial as a joke this kid lands an AV-8 Harriet jet at school and they displayed it was for 7,000,000 points. Sure enough, some kid thought they were serious and collected the points and took Pepsi to court lol.

1990s actually:

Quote:
Pepsi Points Case, is a contracts case tried in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in 1999, in which the plaintiff, John Leonard, sued PepsiCo, Inc. in an effort to enforce an "offer" to redeem 7,000,000 Pepsi Points for a AV-8 Harrier II jump jet, which PepsiCo had shown in a portion of a televised commercial that PepsiCo argued was intended to be humorous. The plaintiff did not collect 7,000,000 Pepsi Points through the purchase of Pepsi products, but instead sent a certified check for $700,008.50 as permitted by the contest rules. Leonard had 15 existing points, paid $0.10 a point for the remaining 6,999,985 points, and a $10 shipping and handling fee.

The claim alleged both breach of contract and fraud. The case was finally heard in 1999, during which time the defendant moved for summary judgment pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 56. Among other claims made, Leonard claimed that a federal judge was incapable of deciding on the matter, and that instead the decision had to be made by a jury consisting of members of "the Pepsi generation", to whom the advertisement would allegedly constitute an offer.

The court, presided over by Judge Kimba Wood, rejected Leonard's claims and denied recovery on many grounds, including;

1. It was found that the advertisement featuring the jet did not constitute an offer.

2.The court found that even if the advertisement had been an offer, no reasonable person could have believed that the company seriously intended to convey a jet worth roughly $23 million for $700,000 dollars, ie, that it was mere puff.

2. The value of the alleged contract meant that it fell under the provisions of the statute of frauds, but the statute's requirement for writing between the parties was not fulfilled, so a contract had not been formed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_v._Pepsico,_Inc
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
So i assume its guess the order the players go right? Not which team they go to?

Yes and most experts get 7-8 on a good year right so it's about as impossible as a perfect NCAA Bracket.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yes and most experts get 7-8 on a good year right so it's about as impossible as a perfect NCAA Bracket.

That's not really the point. It's not about "being in the know." It's about some dumb smuck getting lucky.
Impossible!!!

There is always dumb luck.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Impossible!!!

Dumb luck happens all the time.

Ha Ha, I didn't see that you went the dumb luck angle as well.
Share 49ersWebzone