LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

i think by now most of us know we wont be getting pp or von miller

This really bites the big one. I think buffalo is definitely ok with qb position and needs much more help on d and den has t bow.....so pp and i think miller will be gone by pick seven.

We will be stuck picking quinn or prince who seem to project a little later such as tenth so i have unfortunately settled that we will be getting the second best olb or cb in the draft. Still solid but i think many of us wanted miller and pp over prince and quinn.

Round two will most probably be a qb and three will be either a cb or olb whichever we do not get woth the seventh pick. Im a little bummed that my first two choices will be gone but hopefully the other two will be good or better players.

What do you think about this?[/left][/center]
What makes you think PP will be gone?
If both are gone, try to trade down if good deal available. If can't trade down, take BPA (Quinn, Fairley or ??)
Originally posted by aman49:
What makes you think PP will be gone?

Pp is too good of a player to slip to seven especially if daquan slips a little.

What makes you think he will last until seven? I believe even if two qbs are taken he will be one of the four taken in the top six dont you?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quinn is a monster. I definetly wouldn't mind being stuck picking him.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM ]
but if Niners do get Patrick Peterson, and he tries to cover Vernon Davis in practice, and Vernon catches a long pass, are you going to be posting that our PP was burned by VD?
Originally posted by hofer36:
but if Niners do get Patrick Peterson, and he tries to cover Vernon Davis in practice, and Vernon catches a long pass, are you going to be posting that our PP was burned by VD?

nope.....there isnt many cbs that wont get burned by vd in the nfl. The strongest te as well as the fastest EVER. id give pp a pass and let him tale it out on wrs
Originally posted by elguapo:

nope.....there isnt many cbs that wont get burned by vd in the nfl. The strongest te as well as the fastest EVER. id give pp a pass and let him tale it out on wrs

I dont think Hofer was being entirely serious. Just try saying that last line of his
If Daquan would stop falling PP could be realistic.
I could see Peterson falling to us at 7 if some of the other teams take a risk on Newton and Gabbert.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I dont think Hofer was being entirely serious. Just try saying that last line of his

Wow....i feel like a blonde....no offense to any blonde dames out there. So much for my ucla education.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quinn is a monster. I definetly wouldn't mind being stuck picking him.

I would love to be stuck with Quinn or Prince. I think Prince can be another Revis, Im sure thats been said before
I've given up hope on Miller making it to 7. But if Newton or Gabbert go number one there's a definite possibility that PP will make it seven. The team needs line up perfect for him to fall to us. I am scared that some team is going to jump to 6 to steal him from us!

He would be "Clapping" at that.
  • evil
  • Veteran
1- By now most us should know that you just never know how things will shake out.

2- Not everyone is convinced Miller is a better prospect than Quinn (there are some who think had Quinn played last year he'd be a top 3 pick this year). Most have him ahead but not all. However that does not mean the sky is falling.

Case in point : Darelle Revis was not a top 10 pick, and most did not even have him as a top 10 pick in their mock drafts, yet he became the best DB taken in that class and he was the 2nd DB off the board. He wasn't 6 feet tall, did not possess 4.3 speed (he ran a 4.38 at his pro day but that time will be rounded up as we all know) and in a 2007 re-draft he would now be a top 3 pick arguably even #1 overall.
Share 49ersWebzone