There are 266 users in the forums

My ideal off season

I am not going to even try to do what some of you have done-a detailed mock. However, in the interest in giving you guys something to Ponder (pun intended), debate and critisize while we wait for the draft here is my hopes for the team...

We get PP, VM or PA in the draft with the 7th pick and either Ponder, Kaep or Stanzi, and after and whenever we draft these QBs a pass rusher (OLB or DE) or CB-depends who we get with the first pick, along with SF and OM of Stanford. Then some WR and TE if these are not used to move up in the drafts instead.

Then get CB NA of the Raiders (niners will have plenty of money with Smith gone and if they don't resign Franklin and reconstruct Clements contract). Move Clements to Safety after redoing the contract. This will get our Pass D dramitically improved.

Pick up Josh Johnson for a 4th rounder next year, if the Bucs try to swindle us then go after Bulger or Hasslebeck and let them know (the Bucs will go for it cause it is better than what they originally invested in JJ). Whoever we get is going to be unfamiliar with the niner players, but JJ will have a leg up on JH version of his offense and JH is familiar with what JJ can and can't do. Especially with this CBA and short off season.
Josh Johnson is not a starter, never will be.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Josh Johnson is not a starter, never will be.

No one really know till Harbaugh makes his play, if Harbaugh wants him, then I'm inclined to believe in him rather than a zoner, nothing personal, just that he is the coach and a pro and we/you aren't.
Share 49ersWebzone