There are 220 users in the forums

OtisDriftwood 2011 Mock

Offseason is sooo boring, so here's my next attempt at a mock draft. Without trades since who knows if the CBA will be dealt with by then.. In this draft I expect us to need to approach FA's in the offensive line and a vet QB.

1. Patrick Peterson CB LSU-My favorite player in this draft and he could drop to 7.

2. Andy Dalton QB TCU - Hopefully our QB of the future.

3. Dontay Moch OLB Nevada - Fastest LB in the draft hope he can develope into a massive pass rusher.

4. Stephen Burton WR West Texas AM - Rolling the dice on this guy to be our game changer.

4. Terrell McClain DT South Florida - Would be good depth along our Dline.

5. Casey Matthews ILB Oregan - We need depth along the LB'er position more then most think. I draft 3 this season.

6. Stanley Havili - FB USC - This guy is versitile and hopefully this is the end of Norris.

6. Mario Harvey - LB Marshall - Can play inside and outside, nonestop motor.

7. Nick Grigsby - RB - Arizona - 3rd string RB 4.4 40 yard dash, great athlete..

7. Adam Weber - QB Minn - Backup QB

7. Andrew Phillips - OG Stanford - Depth

7. DeAndre Brown - WR Southren Miss - Another all or nothing pick, he's got the size to play at the pro level but hurt his stock even more with a below average pro day.

I took some late round gambles but I think this draft could help our team out well.
Great value all around, and pretty feasible for once (compared to other mocks that are popping up around here having players like Houston and Kaepernick in the 3rd and 4th..)

Don't know that Peterson and Dalton will fall to those spots, but Niner nation would be ecstatic if they did.
Nice I like it, although it's must be said that Dontay Moch sizely speaking never would be massive
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Great value all around, and pretty feasible for once (compared to other mocks that are popping up around here having players like Houston and Kaepernick in the 3rd and 4th..)

Don't know that Peterson and Dalton will fall to those spots, but Niner nation would be ecstatic if they did.

I think Dalton will easily be there in the 2nd, and possibly even the 3d because when you stack up the top 5-6 qbs hes not up there on most peoples list and if 4 qbs go in the first, the other teams will be inclined to snag the players that dropped. This isnt the year of the quarterback. Plenty of teams will be trying to do the NYG superbowl blue print and snag these dominant defensive players that drop. Then the teams that pick in front of us the following round already have their qb. I think we can wait until the 3d to adress qb, but then again Im an Alex Smith fan and feel he will do better than anyone we bring in wich is great so they can sit and learn. Let Alex take the lumps and if he succeeds then we can all say finnaly and cash in on our first good offensive mind since Norv left town and everyone was on the Smith band waggon.

Stanzi in the 4th round? I think it could happen or we have the fire power to trade up into the 3d round. I cant wait for draft day.

I like your mock and its actually a lot like mine for the first 3 picks except i snagged hankerson and had Moch dropping further. If I redid my moch today it would be the other way around and Hankerson would be the one that drops. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. The title is NTEP moch
We'd be damn lucky if this happened, and I know I wouldn't be upset AT ALL if our draft turned out this way. Good job.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would cream my pants if we got Peterson and Dalton.
Realtic and very good draft. I really like Harvey - good choice.
I didnt expect everyone to like the fact I got 3 LB'ers but outside of Manny, Willis and Brown, we've not got alot for the future of that position.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
I'd crap my pants if we got Peterson and Dalton or Stanzi

Share 49ersWebzone