LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Which QB will fall on Draft day?

Which QB will fall on Draft day?

I would say they are all gone by the end of the 2nd round. Despite not being that elite guy all these guys are rising. A lot of teams have a need at the QB position and even though most of these guys won't be instant starters the high demand is driving the price up. If there weren't so many teams with a QB need whether it be for now or for down the road these guys wouldn't be taken where they will be.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope ponder kaepernik or locker are there when we pick in the second when we pick.

Me too, so we can trade it away to some foolish team.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am really interested in Ponder so much. He is very good the leader for sure. I don't want to Dalton because he is compared to Alex. i can see my eyes to them. I can feel that Dalton wont successful for NFL is soo tough for games.

I am really interested in Ponder so much too.

Good! We should believe in him.. we are good team bro!
Originally posted by strickac:
i hope ponder kaepernik or locker are there when we pick in the second when we pick.

id pull the trigger and get any of those guys with the 2nd rounder bro. these guys have good tools, especially locker and ponder, with a QB master like Harbaugh on board this guy will become a beast

id pull the trigger and get any of those guys with the 2nd rounder bro. these guys have good tools, especially locker and ponder, with a QB master like Harbaugh on board this guy will become a beast

I hope we pick a QB with one of the 1st 2 picks. We talk a lot about developing QBs with Harbaugh but we want a high profile guy. Someone who we can look at and believe they can get it done, even right away if need be. I'm all for later round value with guys like McElroy or Stanzi as well but we need to move on as fans from our previous era. it would just be harder to do so if it's a late round QB. We need a new face for our franchise. I have guys I like but in the end i don't care who it is. The second we pick our new QB i'm gonna be pumped and find out everything i can about their game. Locker, Newton, Ponder... Whoever Harb and Company want I will get behind...
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think Newton is the QB that is most likely to have the biggest slide. He is a high risk, high reward player. I don't think most teams with a top 10 pick want to gamble on such a player. They want more of a sure thing. I do expect him to be drafted in the first, maybe around 15.
I think kaep will be there for us in the second.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Locker to the 3rd.

I think Locker is going to go early. he was projected to go high last year and still looks good. i can see minnesota or washington jumping all over him. High profile QBs also give a little sense of job security because everyone buys into the fact that the QB needs time to develop. I wouldn't be shocked either if the Niners go for him. Don't think Harbaugh is going to run the exact west coast offense we are used too. Locker has the other tools that Harbs likes. He just needs to be more accurate. His accuracy could have a lot to do with being on a horrible team. The not going to the pro day could be Harbs smokescreen because we know Seattle is big on Locker... Just a thought.

You may be right but he just doesn't look like an NFL QB to me. Guts, toughness, leadership may get him there as a Joe Capp/McMahon type QB but he has really looked bad every time I've seen him.
Originally posted by fryet:
I think Newton is the QB that is most likely to have the biggest slide. He is a high risk, high reward player. I don't think most teams with a top 10 pick want to gamble on such a player. They want more of a sure thing. I do expect him to be drafted in the first, maybe around 15.

I don't think he'll slide far, but I agree that teams in the top ten will be hesitant. I don't see him falling past The Redskins and Vikings though
I dont think Locker will fall to the 3rd round, Someone will take him late first early 2nd

Now i'm kind of thinking Gabbert might fall. Newton goes Carolina, Denver is a no, Buffalo goes Miller, Cincy can go Green and still get a Qb in the 2nd. Arizona would be the spot people talk about but if they go Peterson or Quinn...etc... than Gabbert will go past the browns and I think us as well. He might go 8th to the Titans??? His stock is falling and he was talked about as the first pick...
Share 49ersWebzone