There are 176 users in the forums

Which QB will fall on Draft day?

Which QB will fall on Draft day?

The Question isn't necessarily which QB gets drafted last, but what QB do you think will fall the furthest from their projection? For instance if Newton gets picked in the teens or if Locker gets passed up for Ponder and Dalton, than that would be considered a fall from their projection. Another example would be Aaron Rodgers falling to Green Bay or Brady Quinn's horrible draft day. They still got drafted in a decent spot but obviously slid from where the experts thought they would go. Give reasons why you think your pick will get overlooked on Draft day or simply pick the last choice and if so we are in for one crazy draft with lots of trades.
I voted for Kaepernick. I have nothing against the guy but i kind feel like he is just a webzone favorite. I don't hear about him a whole lot outside of the webzone.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I seriously am shocked Newton mentioned as a #1 over all. I think he is a project who will need to alter his game completely to succeed in the NFL. That take off running after your first read will lead to a quick stop on I.R.
Locker to the 3rd.
They'll all be drafted by the end of the second round. In fact, they might be all gone after Jacksonville picks at number 49.
Originally posted by BobS:
I seriously am shocked Newton mentioned as a #1 over all. I think he is a project who will need to alter his game completely to succeed in the NFL. That take off running after your first read will lead to a quick stop on I.R.

i think when its all said and done gabbert will go 1 and newton would go to the bills (gm and HC are openly fond of him) or the bengals who are in desperate need for a qb)
#1 - Panthers: Blaine Gabbert
#3 - Bills: Cam Newton
#17 - Vikings: Christian Ponder (Trading back at #17 with New England)
#25 - Seahawks: Jake Locker
#33 - 49ers: Andy Dalton (Trading up with New England)
#35 - Bengals: Ryan Mallett
#41 - Redskins: Colin Kaepernick
I really respect everyone's opinion on this board, but most have gone QB crazy. Just because the 9ers need a QB and their is a lockout, doesn't mean their won't be a FA period, even if it is in the middle of the offseason.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If we dont take a QB in the first, and Locker is there in round 2, i think that the 9ers should then take him..
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They'll all be drafted by the end of the second round. In fact, they might be all gone after Jacksonville picks at number 49.

Man I just don't want to believe that but I there's a first time for everything

On the positive side. If all these teams are going coo coo for cocoa puffs on quarterback this year, it lessons the chances that they will be in the running for Luck, Barkely next year.

I wouldn't mind if we walked away with Stanzi in the 3rd.

Smith, Bulger, Stanzi
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I voted for Kaepernick. I have nothing against the guy but i kind feel like he is just a webzone favorite. I don't hear about him a whole lot outside of the webzone.

Good, if that is one of the QB's the niners targeted then we won't have to waste a pick to move up and get him, which in turn allows us to use the pick on body. This year I think is going to be a really good year for hitting on players in the 3rd thru 5th rounds, and the more we have the better the chance on finding a gem-maybe even a diamond.
Originally posted by strickac:
Locker to the 3rd.

I think Locker is going to go early. he was projected to go high last year and still looks good. i can see minnesota or washington jumping all over him. High profile QBs also give a little sense of job security because everyone buys into the fact that the QB needs time to develop. I wouldn't be shocked either if the Niners go for him. Don't think Harbaugh is going to run the exact west coast offense we are used too. Locker has the other tools that Harbs likes. He just needs to be more accurate. His accuracy could have a lot to do with being on a horrible team. The not going to the pro day could be Harbs smokescreen because we know Seattle is big on Locker... Just a thought.
Kaepernick was my best guess. I don't know a lot about him. He gets talked about on the webzone just as much as Nate Davis did and that just seemed like a webzone crush as well. I honestly think this QB class is great. I think a lot of these guys will be starters in this league for a long time. We project all of these QBs going to crappy teams but some of these guys can get snagged up by a top tier team that can take a risk or begin to look for a QB to be groomed. I can see Pittsburgh, Philly, New England, Kansas City and Dallas as a team that might snag one of these back end QBs.
Locker... he is a shiny object to get distracted by amongst the draft available qbs this year, imo of course not worth much
Share 49ersWebzone