LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

"Game Changers" on NFL Network

Check it out!

It's pretty cool so far. Ponder looks solid. Mooch is the perfect guy for this.
Both look excellent. We better come out of the draft with one of these two guys or... or... or I'm just going to have to sit here and complain about it.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Both look excellent. We better come out of the draft with one of these two guys or... or... or I'm just going to have to sit here and complain about it.

If we don't, it'll give us somehing to do next year. It's been like 7 years straight that we've complained about the QB position. I won't know how to act if we actually get it right.
Originally posted by strickac:

If we don't, it'll give us somehing to do next year. It's been like 7 years straight that we've complained about the QB position. I won't know how to act if we actually get it right.

No matter who we draft this year, I think if Harbaugh has a shot at Andrew Luck next year, we pull the trigger. Just my opinion.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by strickac:

No matter who we draft this year, I think if Harbaugh has a shot at Andrew Luck next year, we pull the trigger. Just my opinion.

Unless something really comes together with one of these rookie QBs, I think you're right.

But who knows. We could draft someone like Ponder or Kaepernick and see so much good stuff from them that we don't go for Luck.....
Is there a link somewhere that has the whole episode online? I missed it
great show, thanks for bringing it to my attention... Gabbert was impressive mentally, but Ponder was impressive with his performance, IMO
Serious question: If you hadn't been following the draft at all and watched just the show, would you be able to tell which one of these guys is projected as a top 5 pick and the other late 1st to early 2nd? If so, how?

I wouldn't be able to tell. I guess that's why I'm not a pro scout.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

It looks like it will be replayed a couple of times today. It doesn't say that it's the same episode but it probably is...

NFLN Schedule

It looks like it will be replayed a couple of times today. It doesn't say that it's the same episode but it probably is...

NFLN Schedule

Serious question: If you hadn't been following the draft at all and watched just the show, would you be able to tell which one of these guys is projected as a top 5 pick and the other late 1st to early 2nd? If so, how?

Well it's kinda like what they mentioned early in the show, there really isn't a blueprint for a QB. They are all hit or miss.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Well it's kinda like what they mentioned early in the show, there really isn't a blueprint for a QB. They are all hit or miss.

True. I think both of these guys will be hits, though. Guys like Newton, Mallett, Locker, and Kaepernick are much more likely to be hit or miss.

[ Edited by ghostrider on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:03:32 ]

NFLN Schedule

there's a few clips on nfl.com:
linkage1

linkage2

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

NFLN Schedule

there's a few clips on nfl.com:
linkage1

linkage2

-9fA

Thanks!

Christian Ponder sounds like a robot.
Share 49ersWebzone