LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 322 users in the forums

Trade Down Mock

I don't know if all of that is possible but i have the same thoughts. I like Quinn, Miller and Peterson. It's not that i don't think other players are talented, i just don't want them with our 7 pick. I would love to trade back at that point and acquire picks. Baelke is willing to trade because we saw it last year when he wanted a specific person, so if our guy is not there, trade back.
This smells like a used diaper filled with indian food
Very creative thinking and well articulated with reasoning given.

Also you prefaced your moves with the caveat that the elite guys are gone . . . so let's not forget that.

Anything is possible . . . although your scenario would be unprecedented!

For me, personally, the first, even second, trades could be exciting as there would still be excellent talent available. The team could be sure to get the QB position resolved also (possibly by trading back up, even).

But after the first two, why more trades? As someone mentioned: Too much second-tier talent in training camp only to be cut. Bit of a waste, no?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Yeah it’s well thought out from the technical point of all the moves but it doesn’t make sense

Why trade 4 times to move back to 2nd round then draft QB, CB, CB, DE the four picks you want to nail. All the other picks are hit or miss and they cut those guys every day.

Just keep the picks and draft a couple game changers in the first and second CB, DE then grab a QB

Only thing all this trading does is save a couple million between the first and second round but you lose far too much value and have to pay for 13 total players instead of 10 a handful of which are getting cut anyway

fun to think about but not very realistic
if this were even possible to happen i would rather keep pairing up the 2nd rounders we pick and move back into the first instead of completely out of the 1st. having 2 first rounders and maybe even a second rounder would be a lot more beneficial then drafting 30 people that wont make a roster
Share 49ersWebzone