LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Point Blank: would you draft QB Locker in the third?

Point Blank: would you draft QB Locker in the third?

• dj43
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fakers23:
I wouldn"t touch Locker untill the 5th round at most.. Reminds me way to much of the guy that has already failed us..

...he never misses a chance...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Locker is a Brett Favre in the making.. he may end up fallin in round 2, but no way he falls on round 3..
if all the others are off the board, yes.
I probably wouldn't be upset if we took him in the 2nd even. It's hard to be mad at taking a QB that was once thought of as a #1 overall pick at 45. He is a huge project but he can be a franchise QB. Side note: Some what similar to the Mays situation last year. No way I wanted him at 13 or 17 and as a FS but at 49 and making him a SS I could live with it. I'd expect a QB within the first 3 rounds unless we can trade for a QB before the draft but with the CBA unsigned I doubt we will. Even if this 2nd rounder doesn't or does work out I expect us to look to get a franchise guy next year. Right now we need 3 QBs unless Alex signs but it could be just a 1 or 2 year deal.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by fryet:
I would draft him in the second.

no doubt if Locker is there in the 2nd we should take him
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by fryet:
I would draft him in the second.

no doubt if Locker is there in the 2nd we should take him

Seems like a no brainer to me.

There's a reason he has been high on draft boards for the last two years.

If we can get a defensive stud in the first and still get Locker in the second, I don't see how 9ers fans could be anything but excited.
Obviousy you would
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nope

Would only sign him as a ufa. Would not draft him at all.
Share 49ersWebzone