There are 167 users in the forums

This is how I wish the draft would go...

SF trades pick #7 to NE for picks 17 and 33.

1(17) Justin Houston OLB, GEORGIA
2(33) Ryan Mallet QB, ARKANSAS
2(45) Curtis Brown CB, TEXAS
3(76) Greg Little WR, UNC
4(108) Johnny Patrick CB, LOUISVILLE
4(115) Sione Fua NT, STANFORD
5(143) Taiwan Jones RB, EASTERN WASHINGTON
6(174) Mario Harvey ILB, MARSHALL
6(190) Julius Thomas TE, PORTLAND STATE
7(211) Bruce Miller OLB, CENTRAL FLORIDA
7(231) Zach Clayton DE, AUBURN
7(239) Ray Dominguez G, ARKANSAS
7(250) Ryan Taylor FB, UNC

Sign Nnamdi (or another starting caliber corner) and Alex Smith (or insert other veteran QB to hold the job until Mallet is ready) and say hello to that NFC West Title!

*post edited 4/5/11*
[ Edited by SourdoughDan on Apr 5, 2011 at 8:14 PM ]
I like it. And I'm guessing Detroit trades up?
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
1. Carolina - Cameron Newton QB, Auburn
2. Denver - Nick Fairley DT, Auburn
3. Detroit - Patrick Peterson CB, LSU
4. Cincinatti - AJ Green WR, Georgia
5. Arizona - Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri
6. Cleveland - Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson

7. San Francisco - Von Miller OLB, Texas A&M
The niners get the pass rushing threat they've been missing for years and they get a guy who LOVES football. Miller is a quick, fast, smart, team player and steps in as a starter from day 1. Harbaugh and Baalke can't pass up a guy who gives his all on every single play and has a deep respect for the game and it's history. Plain and simple he is a freakish athlete who is a football guy.
2nd - Colin Kaepernick QB, Nevada
A smart and talented player, Kap gives Harbaugh A LOT to work with at QB. He'll sit behind Alex for a year or two at the most and then he'll get his chance to make his BIG potential a reality. Another guy who lives and breathes football, which is one trait Harbaugh and Baalke specifically mentioned they're looking for. (Could possibly see Andy Dalton/Christian Ponder selected here, but Kap's potential is too big to pass on)
3rd - Kendric Burney CB, North Carolina
To be honest I don't know too much about Burney, but I know he really impressed at the Senior Bowl and Baalke looks to inject some young talent into the secondary.
4th - Rashad Carmichael CB, Virginia Tech
Baalke commits to getting younger and more talented at corner.
4th - Sione Fua NT, Stanford
I don't know that he'll make it this far, but who will know until draft day comes? Fua represents a great value here for a team that needs to get some young talent at NT.
5th - Owen Marecic FB, Stanford
Another guy who may not fall this far, but it's definitely possible. Another kid who loves to play the game...we need as many of these guys as we can get.
6th - Deandre Brown WR, Southern Mississippi
Truly a physical specimen. If he can get healthy and commits to being the best he can be, he can be the steal of the draft along the lines of Mike Williams, Marcus Colston or Brandon Marshall.
6th - Thomas Keiser OLB, Stanford
He falls for coming out early when he really shouldn't have, but the niners swoop him up for some pass rush depth.

[/b]

Personally, I'm lovin' this! You get two of my favs while still addressing the right "cover" CBs of the Fangio style 3-4 D and those two fit. The only thing is that Carmichael will be picked by the end of the second no doubt and Fua will be picked in the third.

In my mock, I picked Stanford players because they could acclimate into the team's philosophy in defense and offense, but especially defense. Heck, Fangio can probably get his "depth" corner and pass rusher in Keiser and Sherman. This way, we can land Miller, Kap and let's say Dowling in the third, more realistic given his injuries last year.

Then draft K. Ellis in the fourth because Fua will go in the third. Then draft Marecic, too in the fourth. Draft Sherman in the fifth and Keiser in the seventh and you have players who can truly play Fangio's scheme while providing great ST play. They did it already at Stanford. Great depth and versatility while utilizing youth and skill on the ST side.

Good draft. I think all those players are options and i have posted twice about the cb from nc state he is good just short as hell. We wont take two cbs in a row but i like all of your picks
*bump*

I thought I'd edit an old mock instead of making a new thread.

What do you guys think?
Are you targeting Mallett or was he the only option at 33? I'm undecided on him, on one hand, he looks like Phillip Rivers and on the other he looks like Ryan Leaf.

Solid Draft though!
Everything sounds good except for signing Alex Smith.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Are you targeting Mallett or was he the only option at 33? I'm undecided on him, on one hand, he looks like Phillip Rivers and on the other he looks like Ryan Leaf.

Solid Draft though!

I'm targeting him. To be quite honest (I'm gonna get torched for saying this), I would take him at #7. I think his character concerns have been greatly exaggerated which has caused his stock to plummet, but I don't see how he gets near the 2nd round. With his work ethic, natural throwing skills, confidence, football intelligence, size and outstanding production in the SEC (in an offense that required him to drop back) I think he has the best potential to be a franchise QB in this draft.
[ Edited by SourdoughDan on Apr 5, 2011 at 8:42 PM ]
Saw Ryan Mallett and cringed.

The jugs machine has more mobility than this guy.
Originally posted by genus49:

He's no Mike Vick, but he looks fine. Watch him roll out and work the play action, he looks to be in the Peyton Manning land of athleticism.

SF trades pick #7 to NE for picks 17 and 33.

1(17) Justin Houston OLB, GEORGIA
2(33) Ryan Mallet QB, ARKANSAS
2(45) Curtis Brown CB, TEXAS
3(76) Greg Little WR, UNC
4(108) Johnny Patrick CB, LOUISVILLE
4(115) Sione Fua NT, STANFORD
5(143) Taiwan Jones RB, EASTERN WASHINGTON
6(174) Mario Harvey ILB, MARSHALL
6(190) Julius Thomas TE, PORTLAND STATE
7(211) Bruce Miller OLB, CENTRAL FLORIDA
7(231) Zach Clayton DE, AUBURN
7(239) Ray Dominguez G, ARKANSAS
7(250) Ryan Taylor FB, UNC

Sign Nnamdi (or another starting caliber corner) and Alex Smith (or insert other veteran QB to hold the job until Mallet is ready) and say hello to that NFC West Title!

*post edited 4/5/11*

Not sure if we can make the trade but this is definitely the benefit to trading down. All of the picks might not work out but if Baelke and Harbaugh and company are good talent evaluators than our odds go up with the more quality picks we acquire. You covered a lot of team needs but especially the big impact positions. I agree with Mallett. he's not my first choice but he could easily be the best QB in the draft. we will see soon enough... Good job!
Originally posted by genus49:

Ha Ha, me too. Please no Mallet . Ponder, Dalton, or Kaepernick please.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Solid Draft though!

I'm targeting him. To be quite honest (I'm gonna get torched for saying this), I would take him at #7. I think his character concerns have been greatly exaggerated which has caused his stock to plummet, but I don't see how he gets near the 2nd round. With his work ethic, natural throwing skills, confidence, football intelligence, size and outstanding production in the SEC (in an offense that required him to drop back) I think he has the best potential to be a franchise QB in this draft.

I'm on this wagon!

I think that the revised mock is a BIG improvement over the original. We learn as we go, don't we?
Not a Mallet fan but this is a soid draft. Also, it is a FUN draft and who knows - it could happen.
Houston will be a bust and Mallet has too many red flags and doesn't fit our system
Share 49ersWebzone