LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

QB-Point Blank Who do you WANT on the 9ers next season

QB-Point Blank Who do you WANT on the 9ers next season

Originally posted by boast:
i'm still intrigued by Josh Johnson.
you mean that you are shocked about the outcome, i.e. that mcnabb has the same amount of votes like JJ?
Pat Devlin and McNabb would be awesome
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
What a s**tty list.

What would your list consist of???

It's not that I have a better list, just that the options for 2011 overall are pretty awful. And I would add at least three to this list (A. Smith, T. Edwards, & C. Ponder) to make it possible to pick more likely possibilities.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What a s**tty list.

What would your list consist of???

It's not that I have a better list, just that the options for 2011 overall are pretty awful. And I would add at least three to this list (A. Smith, T. Edwards, & C. Ponder) to make it possible to pick more likely possibilities.

Well thanks for clarifying. Kind of makes it hard to take people seriously, when simple little comments are made, it just seemed like it was directed at the OP.

As much as I am Anti-Smith there's a small part of me that wants to see what Harbaugh can do with him. And Edwards too. Not really a Ponder fan, hes just too inconsistent, not to mention a history of injuries.
Best guess/wish list:

1. Ponder (if the arm proves healthy), Stanzi, Kaepernick - in no particular order. By the second pick. And don't say it's too early, because if these guys are any good, by the time the draft comes around they will go that high. Or do some of you really think that you know better?*

2. Bulger - as the interim solution.

3. I don't care - as a third string, Carr will do, he is under contract and has worked with our OC before.

Bottom line: Whoever the Niner's settle on.

* Those insisting that this is a bad year for QBs belong in this category.
I was just watching SportsNation and they had their top 5 QBs from this draft.

1. Ryan Mallett
2. Blaine Gabbert
3. Cam Newton
4. Jake Locker
5. Andy Dalton

Are we missing something? I haven't heard anyone talking about Ryan Mallet, yet a good chunk of voters (not sure how big their poll was....) votes for Ryan Mallett as the #1 QB. He must be getting a lot more attention back east than the bay area is giving him. With everything I have been reading and observing here on the zone, it seems like the order should be...

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Cam Newton
3. Jake Locker
4. Ryan Mallett
5. Andy Dalton

So who is right? SportsNation or The Zone?
Share 49ersWebzone