There are 203 users in the forums

my mock draft

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
You know you`d have to go all the way back to 1950 something to see the last time a CB was drafted #1 overall.
i know that...let's imagine that it could happen again. furthermore, in my update PP is not any longer the 1st ovr selection

Trust me I think Peterson is worthy of the number one pick. I was just pointing out what a bold prediction it was.
could be that i had an eventual new CBA in my mind, which would include a rookie payscale.

what about comments on my update?

Honestly, I dont see Quinn as a 3 down olb. He is to big and stiff to drop into any type of coverage besides a zone and even then you are rolling the dice. He is best suited down in his stance and using his tremendous first step to beat bigger sluggish Oline man off the line.
we have/had lawson at rolb and he didnt do s**t against the pass in a pass-happy league...yeah, he was a part of our terrific run defense but how did that help us?
what i wanna tell: i'd rather have a pass-rushing god, who cant play against the run very well for now, than a nice run defender, who isnt a help in passing situations at all.

alternative: we forget about quinn (i could bring in an alternative mock with prince) and hope that gibson can step in as the ultimative answer for both situations.
Really believe this mock is realistic. Fairly may be dropping but I can really see this happening! Of course, I like Quinn.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I don't think a CB has ever gone #1. I doubt it happens this year.
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
ok...any comments on my updated mock?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
ok...any comments on my updated mock?

Sorry didn't see that.

I think the Panthers draft Bowers. I think the Bills, surprise everyone like they always do, take Cam Newton. Just have a feeling. AJ Green to Cincy makes sense. Wouldn't surpise if they take Gabbert though. Everything else seems ok.
[ Edited by Amir_Mamu on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM ]
I don't agree Quinn at #7 is a reach...every analyst I heard at the combine thinks he'll be a beast. Yes, there may be some rust...but the counter-balance to that is he'll also be very fresh after not playing in 2010. There were a number of analysts convinced he'd go in the top 5 of the draft.

It's also very possible both Newton and Gabbert are taken in the top 10...if that happens, it'll shake things up a bit.
Your revised top ten makes a lot more sense. it jus wasn't realistic to have so many QB needy teams in the top ten not selecting a QB. They are not ALL retarded.

Now you have Gabbert going first. Realistic.

You're spot on with Redskins picking a QB. Shanahan is one coach who really understands the imperative of settling the QB position FIRST. And he doesn't p***y foot around either. In fact, depending upon who he has identified as his top QB prospect, I wouldn't be surprised to see him trade up to grab his guy. I'd be real interested to see what happens with them on draft day.

Nice thinking!
i am a little bored right now, so i will make a niners-draft:
1.robert quinn, OLB
i know that a bunch of people want to see a CB here instead of a pass-rusher and if PP is available here, i would go for him. but based on the direction of causality, pass-rush > secondary, i.e. we should go for an OLB in general.

2.Jake Locker, QB
he is a place-holder for a QB, we dont have to go for jake in particular...but i would favor him over ponder, who is more of a workout wonder, imo. kaepernick is another possibility

3.Ras-I Dowling, CB
I do believe that he will be available here due to his prone to injuries.

4a.Greg Romeus, DE
would be a huge steal...we need a perspective for our LDE and we need someone, who can replace an injured justin smith either.

4b.Sione Fua, NT
i dont think that he could be a 3-4 NT from day one but he is not too far away from being one.

5.Da’Rel Scott, RB
i have to trust the cbs-scouts here...he seems to be very fast and he can catch the ball, sounds like a 3rd-down back to me....though he cant block very well but that could be a reason why he is only a 5-6th round project.

6a.DeAndre Brown, WR
very big red-zone target...that's what we need at WR badly (yeah, i know, speed is the biggest problem...).

6b.Chris Culliver, FS
we need sth new at FS...CC has the speed, can play CB either.

7a.Anthony Sherman, FB
we need one, there you go...

7b.Andrew Phillips, OG
yeah, i know, i should pick an o-liner earlier...he is from stanford, should be enough as an argument

alternative:
1.prince, CB
just an alternative

2.jake locker, QB
we have to pick a QB in the first two rounds...

3.dontay moch, olb
lightning-fast pass-rusher...could push thaddeus gibson.

and so on...
[ Edited by communist on Mar 5, 2011 at 3:02 PM ]
I like Quinn here. I really think a QB goes before hand...Cincy and possibly us.

Not bad though. Good job Kim Jung Ill

If Jake falls to the 2nd (still doubtfull) I would love to take him here. Right on Karl Marx
thx @ninerlifer (aka sarah palin )
i want cameron jordan!
Not a fan of Locker! If Baalke and Harbaugh want him that would be fine, but don't see it happening. Would prefer Kaepernick.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not a fan of Locker! If Baalke and Harbaugh want him that would be fine, but don't see it happening. Would prefer Kaepernick.
he is a place-holder in the first place, i.e. acc to my mock draft, we will draft a qb in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone