LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

If you KNEW they would be available

If you could somehow knew going into the draft that when the niners were up to pick in each round and the list of these players would def. be available who would you select.

Your picks would be based off what was picked in prior rounds (meaning if you selected cb in first we get you dont need another in 2,3 and 4)

Im not interested in oh theres no way hes available that late or thats too early for them....just purely interested in the fun of those lists who would you take...im not saying they will be there for our pick just hypothetical if they were

Rd 1: Von Miller, Robert Quinn, Marcel Dareus, Prince Amukamara, Aj Green

Rd 2: Brandon Burton, Jeremy Beal, Phil Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Marvin Austin, Jon Baldwin, Rahim Moore, Leonard Hankerson

Rd 3: Ricky Stanzi, Pat Devlin, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Jerrell Powe, Titus Young, Ras I Dowling, Johnny Patrick

Rd 4 (pick 2): Rashad Carmichael, Brooks Reed, Sione Fua, Noel Devine, Shane Vereen, Dontay Moch, Casey Matthews, Greg MeElroy, Colin Kaepernick
Miller
Smith
Stanzi
Reed
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:
Miller
Smith
Stanzi
Reed

I kind of torn between Datlon and Stanzi, but I'd probably go that route as well. Dalton may have to be a second round option instead of a third.
you'd HAVE to take AJ Green if he was available.

after that I guess

Smith
Powe
Kaepernick

but i don't much about any of those players so i don't really know why i'm posting in here. all i know is that if AJ Green is available at 7 we have to take him.
Miller
Taylor
Dowling (could be a safety prospect as well maybe)
Carmichael/McElroy
Green
Smith
Dalton
Reed
Fua

Nail 4 needs with 4 future starters... not to mention exceptional value at each pick
Green
Smith
Dalton
Moch and Reed

Nail 5 needs with 5 future starters!

[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Jan 27, 2011 at 21:07:10 ]
Like it man. Given your parameters for each round:

Rd 1: Von Miller

Rd 2: Phil Taylor

Rd 3: Ras I Dowling

Rd 4 Colin Kaepernick

Cue whatever "PARTY" music you'd like because, DAMN!!!!!!!!

My mock FTW!!! Seriously though.

Extraordinary pass rusher
THE fattie NT we've missed since Wilfork
Once a first round option, injury dropped him
Harbaugh's pet project for two years while a FA WCO QB mans the helm.

In all, Baalke gets an A for the first four rounds!

OK, I'm awake. No ice water man, that's not cool. I told you I am awake.

On second thought, Fangio likes smaller, quicker NTs so now I go:
1. Miller
2. Smith
3. Fua
4a. Kaepernick
4b. Mareic(sp?) the FB

[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 27, 2011 at 21:59:33 ]
1. AJ Green
2. Jimmy Smith
3. Andy Dalton
4. Brooks Reed
4b. Sione Fua

Toughest choice is definitely round 1. I'd much rather go pass rush but AJ Green is a top 2 prospect in this draft and the value is too damn good to pass up.

I like Brooks Reed and think he can be a pretty decent OLB. I'd probably still take him even if I went with Quinn instead of Green in the first.

Forgot we had 2 in the 4th.

[ Edited by genus49 on Jan 27, 2011 at 21:10:28 ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:
Miller
Smith
Stanzi
Reed

Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
If you could somehow knew going into the draft that when the niners were up to pick in each round and the list of these players would def. be available who would you select.

Your picks would be based off what was picked in prior rounds (meaning if you selected cb in first we get you dont need another in 2,3 and 4)

Im not interested in oh theres no way hes available that late or thats too early for them....just purely interested in the fun of those lists who would you take...im not saying they will be there for our pick just hypothetical if they were

Rd 1: Von Miller, Robert Quinn, Marcel Dareus, Prince Amukamara, Aj Green

Rd 2: Brandon Burton, Jeremy Beal, Phil Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Marvin Austin, Jon Baldwin, Rahim Moore, Leonard Hankerson

Rd 3: Ricky Stanzi, Pat Devlin, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Jerrell Powe, Titus Young, Ras I Dowling, Johnny Patrick

Rd 4 (pick 2): Rashad Carmichael, Brooks Reed, Sione Fua, Noel Devine, Shane Vereen, Dontay Moch, Casey Matthews, Greg MeElroy, Colin Kaepernick
Originally posted by genus49:
1. AJ Green
2. Jimmy Smith
3. Andy Dalton
4. Brooks Reed
4b. Sione Fua

Toughest choice is definitely round 1. I'd much rather go pass rush but AJ Green is a top 2 prospect in this draft and the value is too damn good to pass up.

I like Brooks Reed and think he can be a pretty decent OLB. I'd probably still take him even if I went with Quinn instead of Green in the first.

Forgot we had 2 in the 4th.

I agree with this. All future starters.I really like the Dalton pick and he probably should be a #2 in reality he would be a steal at #3.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for RollinWith21n52.
1. Dareus - far and away the best player on the board. Quinn is next. Green just doesn't play a key enough position.

2. Smith - mostly for need

3. Dalton - didn't show up well in Mobile, but still the most upside from the listed QBs

4. Brooks Reed - this isn't even close, but he won't be available then. Try 2nd
like the picks....my main reason for even asking this was one everyone does mock drafts where you think they will go...this gives people a little more freedom because you dont have to be criticized of people actually being there....also i am beginning to like the talent at cb in the later rounds....peterson and prince should be surefire but we can address other needs early and still land a pretty solid cb in later rounds
1 Green -- can't believe he's there
2 Burton -- like more than Smith
3 Dalton -- nice
4 Reed, Fua-fill remaining holes.
Share 49ersWebzone