There are 155 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: BCS National Championship #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
im happy to say that no longer do i have to worry about scam newton getting drafted by baalke/harbaugh

LOL After 1 qtr dude? Hilarious!

no after the whole season, wasting a top 10 pick alone for this guy will be a f**king waste.

What during Scam's whole season has you so down on him? Curious.
LOL

Scam done effed up bigtime on 4th and goal.
Both QB'S are really struggling with accuarcy
im happy to say that no longer do i have to worry about scam newton getting drafted by baalke/harbaugh

LOL After 1 qtr dude? Hilarious!

no after the whole season, wasting a top 10 pick alone for this guy will be a f**king waste.

So you watched Auburn all season and think Newton would be a waste? Now thats hilarious
This is a real good game
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Both QB'S are really struggling with accuarcy

having a month off is not a good thing
Originally posted by verb1der:
This is a real good game

very close but extremely sloppy
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Nice pass.
Originally posted by obx49:
Nice pass.

I respectfully disagree. Nice presence to sidestep the rush but there was no one within 10 yards of that WR.

That's two TDs with no one in 10 yards of the wide open WR for Newton.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jan 10, 2011 at 7:01 PM ]
Cam Newton plays a lot out of that shotgun formation. His psyche is centered around that system and I want no part of Newton in this fresh new off-season with a college "system" QB. We just need someone to make the right passes after making clear reads. We're with less holes than in previous regime changes and we all know Newton will need more time to adjust to the speed of the NFL more so then some of the other available QBs.

Nice pass.

that was fantastic presence in the pocket to step up and hit his receiver in stride.

LMAO at the guy who said Cam is a waste.....
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Nice pass.

I respectfully disagree. Nice presence to sidestep the rush but there was no one within 10 yards of that WR.

So he hits wrs when theyre open and you dont like it? Why?
Nice pass.

Of course Newton looks good but will his game translate well in the NFL is my concern? College level = Beast. NFL level? I'm a bit cynical about that...
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Nice pass.

That pass in Auburn's first series that the Auburn receiver dropped was pretty accurate.
Nice pass.

Never said I didn't like it. He did a good job taking what the defense gave him on both plays, which is what he's supposed to do. But I would expect every QB in college football to hit completely wide open targets, so those two throws aren't really telling me anything about Cam's ability to play QB in the NFL. Also worth noting that he did whiff badly on 4th and goal with a wide open man in the endzone, so he is 2 out of 3 on those easy TD tosses.
Share 49ersWebzone