There are 315 users in the forums

NINER QB and Chances on LUCK coming to niners in 2012? What would you do?

DO you think the niners will get a stop gap QB for one year? Do you think they Will draft a QB to groom this year? do they make a trade for a VET? How will this all play out and will LUCK be our QB in 2012?

JH has said "Only two people in the world are perfect to me.. my wife and andrew luck"

Thats a big time statement...I believe he gets a QB as a stop gap for one year...uses the 2011 draft to solidify the rest of the team (not QB) like CB, DL, OLB

Then in 2012 they trade there one, two and whatever they need to, TO land our boy LUCK...thoughts? Maybe LUCK will pull a ELI and demand to play for niners? who knows but what does the Zone think will happen...

GO NINERS !
we just cant seem to get away from people coming up with schemes to land luck
Luck isnt going into the draft till next year so f**k luck we need a qb NOW
We would most likely need to give up our 2nd and 4th to get possibly an extra 1st in '12.

I would then try to trade this year's other 4th to pick up an extra third next year.

With that next year possibility, we could have 2 1sts, a 2nd, 2 thirds, a 4th: (we have already lost out on 3 picks this year.)

I would believe it would be very tough to say no to a hypothetical trade as in: we would give up those 2 1sts, and a third (or a second), for this supposed top 5 pick. In any case, we may be close to this top 5 pick anyway, but could have high picks to deal with if needed.

In this case, we would have given up a total of 5 draft picks to move up. It may not cost that much, but soooo many things can happen in the future also.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jan 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM ]
this isnt madden no1 is gonna want to trade out of the 1st pick if luck is there
Originally posted by CrabsAndVD:
this isnt madden no1 is gonna want to trade out of the 1st pick if luck is there

Exactly. Chances are if they're picking #1 overall they'll need a QB. Look at Carolina.

And what if by some retarded reason Luck pulls an Eli and demands a trade? Who says that team will trade him? They could hold out his rights for a year.
We need to trade for Josh Johnson now to hold us over until we can get Luck.
It would be great if we could get Carolina to agree to a trade before 1/15 but it's probably not happening.
Carolina likes to trade away future picks though and are missing a 2nd this year. We should try to trade them a 2nd and 4th again for the 1st next year. It would probably still be in the top ten. We'd have the ammo to move up. Still the no 1 team next year would have to be willing to trade. Luck is going to need to demand to play in SF.
Getting Carolina's pick would also be huge in another scenario. They have the biggest chance to get the no 1 pick in the supplemental draft. Luck could stay in school and wait out the CBA. Other top teams will pick QB's. We'd be able to get him and he'd know the offense already.
Getting Luck too would be perfect for the 49ers and would really help get the stadium built.
I dunno about Luck...too many variables now. Odds are he won't be the #1 pick next year though.

All this said, I'd love to trade down in this draft so we can get get a pass rusher and a CB in the late first round.

Snap out of it. The Niners aren't going to get Luck, unless they have the worst record in the league next season. Deal with it.
Chances of landing Luck are so remote I can't even dream up a scenario that lands him in our laps. Move on
i hope were not even close to drafting that low to be close to Luck. i want to win now. i dont think harbaugh counted on playing his entire coaching gig out with andrew luck. the thing im wondering is who where the other qbs harbaugh was trying to recruit before he got luck? where did those guys go?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Snap out of it. The Niners aren't going to get Luck, unless they have the worst record in the league next season. Deal with it.

This. Guys, pull yourselves together. Not going to happen.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
We need to trade for Josh Johnson now to hold us over until we can get Luck.
It would be great if we could get Carolina to agree to a trade before 1/15 but it's probably not happening.
Carolina likes to trade away future picks though and are missing a 2nd this year. We should try to trade them a 2nd and 4th again for the 1st next year. It would probably still be in the top ten. We'd have the ammo to move up. Still the no 1 team next year would have to be willing to trade. Luck is going to need to demand to play in SF.
Getting Carolina's pick would also be huge in another scenario. They have the biggest chance to get the no 1 pick in the supplemental draft. Luck could stay in school and wait out the CBA. Other top teams will pick QB's. We'd be able to get him and he'd know the offense already.
Getting Luck too would be perfect for the 49ers and would really help get the stadium built.

would you have even wanted him if we didnt have harbaugh or think about this before hiring him
Share 49ersWebzone